*~*~ Superstar in the making ~*~* Talisha's Diary

talisha

Hello and welcome to my diary!

IMG_0361.jpg

This is me a few weeks before my first weigh-in! I was on holiday and enjoyed way too much of the great food!

Why I want to lose weight

As you might be able to tell from the title I am looking to be a star hehe. Or to at least feel like one!
I work in the music industry (I'm a singer) and I am always performing in front of people--and it can sometimes feel as if they're all looking at ME!

Now this can sometimes be really scary and of course exhilarating as well. But with me being a size 12-14 and having to wear beautiful dresses I can sometimes feel more like a whale, especially if I'm performing with other singers who are a size 8-10.

So I've decided that I can no longer let my weight and insecurities get in the way of my career!

What plan I am following

Have been with Slimming World for just 3 weeks and had a fantastic 5lbs loss in my first week. I had a audition in my second week which means I missed weigh-in (which is usually on Wednesdays).

I am loving the plan so far, especially now that I have started to familiarise myself with it!

How much weight I plan on losing

Still not quite sure of this yet. I have set an mini target of 10stone with my rep but having not been that size before I would like to see how I feel at that weight and then re-calculate from there. I think I might want to be in the 130lbs (which is around 9stone 5lbs) but first let me get to my smaller goal!

I have been offered to work on a small well-known ship that does mini-cruises to Amsterdam but having worked on them before I know that the crew food can sometimes be full of oil :sigh: so I think I might struggle to lose a lot of weight once I've started (next week!)

Planning on taking loads of Mug Shots, Ryvita and various other low syn snacks (Popcorn, Mikados and maybe even tinned fruit)

Last edited:
Today's Food

Breakfast:
Weetabix (1HE)
Muller Light
Banana
Blueberries

Lunch:
Jacket Potato
Baked Beans
Ham
2 Laughing Cow Light Triangles
Salad with a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze 1 1/2 syns

Dinner:
Baked Salmon
Potatoes
Peas
Salad (with cucumber and tomatoes)

Snacks:
Mid day: 1 Muller with remaining weetabix (HE) and blueberries
After dinner: Popcorn 5 syns, Options Hot Chocolate orange with the remainder of my HEA allowance of milk (1 1/2 syns)
Banana with honey (1 syn)

Weighed in yesterday and lost 1lbs--over two weeks.

Can't say that I'm not disappointed but I did have 2 Indian takeaways so maybe I should be grateful to have lost at least something :p

I did however realise that I am very much an emotional eater and after having not such a great weigh-in I felt like I had a hole that no amount of food could fill!
I ate some strawberries, cherries, muller light, 4 Mikado sticks (2syns), lean ham with Ryvitas (HEA) and mustard! It doesn't seem like a lot of food or syns but it still didn't quite fill that hole which made me go AHA I must be feeling something else besides hunger.

My boo then offered to take my mind of it by watching some Apprentice (very very good episode!) :clap:

Just a quick note: How did I not know that Mustard is not free?! Okay it's only 1/2 syn per teaspoon but damn I did NOT know that :argh: also did not know that Peas aren't Superfree...

Breakfast: 1 Weetabix (HEB), Banana, Blueberries
Lunch: Mushrooms and Onions fried in Frylight, 2 Laughing Cow Light Triangles (3 syns) on 3 Ryvitas (HEB)
Dinner: Chicken Risotto with spinach (could have had some more veggies but wasn't the one cooking!)

Snacks: Cherries (FREE!), Ham slices with Mustard (2 syns),
Tea with sweetener but without milk!
Options Hot Chocolate 1 1/2 syns
100ml semi skimmed milk ca.3 syns

Wohoo I have lost 2 1/2lbs this week :)

Great as I am stuck with eating the food on the ship which can be very greasy/full of oil but I have brought an arsenal of food with me such as Mugshots and the Batchelors Rice (yum!)

Luckily they have a fridge stuffed with Muller Lights :D

Still on a high from my weight loss today!
Have bought myself a pretty new journal to write my food diary in-- hopefully it should motivate me even more

I have just over 6 weeks left on the boat and I set myself a target of 7lbs lost (1 for every week on board!) If I keep this up I could almost lose 1stone! :D

Well done. Keep at it. Nice to read that people are succeeding in their weight loss even with a few minor set backs. But we all get them. Good luck :)

Thanks Adam, much appreciated :)

Lost 1lbs this week, seems that I am currently swaying between 1-2lbs a week, which I guess is healthy!

Some of the things I have noticed since starting Slimming World
- not feeling hungry and when I am I can have something quick and delicious to eat! (Sushi, Mugshots, Clementines!)
- my stomach can't handle 'normal' food as well as it used to--had a spoonful of peanut curry and felt it lying in my stomach all evening! Not a bad thing just curious I think ;)
- my boyfriend eats SO MANY syns a day :rolleyes:

Not updating my diary as regularly as I should, mainly because I am with limited internet on this ship and to be honest working 7 nights a week is tiring, so I'm sending myself good vibes :vibes:

One thing that has been very difficult is the fact that for the evening we get to eat in the ship's main restaurant which is brimmed with food (curries, chips, yorkshires etc) basically everything that I used to eat ;) But they also have some tempting desserts right where we sit :drool: I have resisted them all so far and hope to keep it up!

Long time no post but I have had some fantastic losses and personal achievements.

I have reached my 1 stone and Club award, which I am over the moon about!
My short shorts which were very tight a few weeks ago are now lose and I am feeling so much better about myself :)

I am only on the boat for another 2 weeks and looking forward to going back to group to get an official weigh-in (have been weighing in at home!).

All in all Slimming World has been the best thing I have done for myself, why didn't I start it sooner?!

Have been feeling very down about it all these last few weeks.

Had a bad day yesterday, found that there was nothing SW friendly on the beach and decided to go for a small portion of fries. Unfortunately something inside my ordered fries topped with loads of mayonnaise (done by the guy serving me!) and some salmon baked in breadcrumbs! :(

WHY? I had 2 clementines in my bag (which with the small fries would have let me only have 8 syns rather than 30+!! :sigh:

Trying to get back on track--weigh in tomorrow!!

Back