Supper tonight

RenewMe

Was really nervous about trying Mushroom pasta today but added 50g of mushrooms and 80g of Konnyaku carb free noodles and poured the mushroom pasta over 90g of (dry) pan fried salmon, with plenty of fresh black peppers. Delicious!!! x

Sorry No pic this time. x
Carb free noodle info:
Nutritional Information:
(Per 100g) Calories 5kcal, Protein 0g, Fat 0g, Carbohydrates 4g, Soluble Fibre 4g (net carbs = 0g)

Where do u buy the noodles from and are they expencive

Hiya

You can get them from websites Low Carb Megastore, Zero Noodles or there is a site called Miracle Noodles and they also do rice. I buy mine from a Chinese Supermarket at £1.19 a packet which has 200g and I only normally eat 80-100g

Have you been eating them since the start - they seem a bit too good to be true!

Have you been eating them since the start - they seem a bit too good to be true!

Hi Debs. They are contained in water which supposedly smells foul, (I for one cannnot smell anything in the particular pack I buy!) They have to be rinsed and drained really well and then boiled in water. They are very very thin noodles, so they are like the vermicelli/angel hair noodles.

I have eaten them twice now and no effect to the weight loss ie: no gains as they are carb free!! I used to eat them before when I was doing my own low carb diet.
You can check on the websites I mentioned above if you like for nutritional info.
I posted a thread about them a couple of days ago too and Borders Girl and someone else replied. x

Worked out the Calorie content for this meal :

S&S mushroom pack = 158 CALS CARB 17
Konnyaku Noodles 5 CALS NIL CARB
Mushrooms 50g 14 CALS 0.2 CARB (0r 6 cals via my Fitness Pal?!)
Salmon 90g 131 CALS NIL CARBS

308 Cals Carbs 17g

Just received e-mail confirmation from Rob at S&S
Quote: do not see any problem with this if the calorie information you have provided is correct.

Last edited:
Back