Supplements...

LouiseC

Hello everyone,

I wondered if anyone might be able to offer me some advice please...I like slimfast products but as far as I understand it they do not provide the same nutrition as Lighterlife, Cambridge and Exante so I tried Exante and Cambridge and found the meals to be pretty yuck.

So I am going to give slimfast a serious go but I know that my 600 calorie meal will not be a nutritionally well balanced one a I am a very fussy eater and my range of foods is very limited so I wondered if anyone could personally recommend a good quality dietary supplement/s that would mean that I get what I need nutrition wise from the supplement and the slimfast and then I just need to concentrate on making sure my meal is within calorie allowance rather than worrying about the nutrition of it.

Thanks guys.

Lou x

Oh now your asking i aint got a clue, im not sure if a multi vitamin would be what you needed or if you would need extra. could you give us some idea of the kind of foods you like that might help people advise you

Hi Kazzy

Thank you for your reply. I tend to eat alot of bread, potato, cheese. beans, cereals, I can cope with the odd pasta dish (if it has some cheese on it), odd omelette, odd salad, like mash with yorkshires and a bit of veg and gravy, I dont eat any red meat but I occasionally eat a bit of chicken, love pizza with pineapple on it (can you see why I am overweight lol).

Lou x

oh yeah lol theres definatly a pattern,, id say you need to try cut down on the amount of potatos and bread you eat,,( much easier said than done) have you tried noodles to make stir fry with. I actually dont think a supplement will help you i think its your whole diet you need to rethink maybe look to more vegetarian recipes, My diet was full of bread and potatos but ive added more noodles with different ingredients for stir frys,, i alos have the same meals as the family like mince, curry but with extra veg rather then the potatos or rice, i find the individual steam bags are good for that 3-4 minutes for a bag of mixed veg.

Also with the cheese thing maybe try and find a low cal alternative? Smash is good too, low cals and still getting a small tatty fix. Home made pizzas using a wrap, tom puree, wee drop cheese and the pineapple? Just a thought. Sunday meal using a chicken breast with veg and mini yorkies? Hth :)

oooo i like the idea of the pizza made with wrap sounds lovely ,,,,,,, lowlow cheese tastes nice

Pitta bread pizzas are quite nice too. WW's pittas £1 in asda for 6. Just put all the fillings inside it. Then just bung it in oven or george foreman for 10 mins. Also mixing philidelphia light garlic and herbs with pasta is yummy. Melts in so you get a yummy sauce. Team that with a low cal mini garlic bread and your good to go.

i love philly light is great for pasta dishes

alot of its trying to think outside the box and think of different combinations its so easy to get settled into well this has to go with that kinda thing

Back