Support from Other Half

lou1978

Hi does anyone get any useful support from their OH. I have tried to discuss my issues with food but he then tries to turn it into a counselling session which i really hate. i called him up on Thursday as i was feeling guilty after a binge, and he said i was obsessed with food and that it is all i talk about. (I do dream about food, lol). but i don't really have anyone else to talk to about it as not may people know i am doing CD.

anyway i will look for support from you guys i guess, just wish he would understand me.
:sigh:

Hi Lou

Dreaming about food whilst doing this diet is completly normal:) just don't give in and undo all your hard work. I guess it's hard for other people to understand what you're going through as they're not actually on the diet. You just carry on and get to goal:) Good luck xx

Is there anything in that your hubby goes on about a lot? Or anything about himself he doesn't like? I find that when my hubby doesn't support me when I try to discuss my food problems with him I can just point out his faults and that we're not all perfect and he usually brings him round to my way of thinking and I get an apology.

lol my husband brings home chocolate and curries...he doesnt like choc either so I break quite easily!

my bf is really supportive and anytime i feel like crackin he's there to kick my ass!He is not fat or overweight but eats some amount of crap.Tries not tro eat in front of me. I have talked to him and said like i have a food problem etc i dont actually know if he undertands or not but seems to listen!!

Perhaps they're feeders LOL?!

My other half is an angel, infact he's the reason I initially lost 42lb before going on CD. It was his motivating me that kept me on the right track. When I was doing low fat/low carb he'd go out every morning and get me a fresh cooked chicken, fresh ham, and he even used to put all the 'bad' stuff in a locked cupboard LOL!! I'd never ever have made so much progress without him, although he's not a fan of the larger lady so perhaps that was his reason LOL!!

Perhaps they're feeders LOL?!

My other half is an angel, infact he's the reason I initially lost 42lb before going on CD. It was his motivating me that kept me on the right track. When I was doing low fat/low carb he'd go out every morning and get me a fresh cooked chicken, fresh ham, and he even used to put all the 'bad' stuff in a locked cupboard LOL!! I'd never ever have made so much progress without him, although he's not a fan of the larger lady so perhaps that was his reason LOL!!

I want one!:D Sounds like a Diet Angel!

Mine has been a star, he has bought me flowers every week throughout my journey, constantly tells me how proud he is of me and listens to my endless ramblings about the diet and my food issues. Whilst I don't think he can ever fully understand why I find moderation so difficult to conquer as he doesn't have a weight problem, he does really try to empathise and offer help and advice. Since moving up the plans he has been cooking lovely healthy evening meals for me.

Am I lucky or what??!!

Gxx

god ye are all so lucky. My fella could not cook anything im telling yis a right mummy's boy. I have told him to lock goddies away but he says yeah i will but it never happened..like alot of things il do it and then its there for a yr to do like putting up curtains in the spare room.

men eh?

Mine has been a star, he has bought me flowers every week throughout my journey, constantly tells me how proud he is of me and listens to my endless ramblings about the diet and my food issues. Whilst I don't think he can ever fully understand why I find moderation so difficult to conquer as he doesn't have a weight problem, he does really try to empathise and offer help and advice. Since moving up the plans he has been cooking lovely healthy evening meals for me.

Am I lucky or what??!!

Gxx

Of course you are,but he has excellent genes!!!;)

Since I've started CD the majority of the time the hubby has been very supportive (peppermint tea made for me as soon as I get up most mornings). On the odd occation he's pointed out my 'problem' with food (usually after he's had a few beers!) all I've had to do is point to the beer barrel he has as a belly and ask if he wants to join me on the CD! LOL:D
Don't know if I'll be able to do this for much longer though he's lost 2st since new year (not far off that myself), he's one of these lucky people that drops weight quicker than he puts it on, he's had to really shovel the calories over the last few years to ge to the size he was!

everyone seems to have various experiences. i'm probably just a bit much sometimes as i finds it easy to shift weight and stay slim even though he eats crap (at least when i'm around) He has lost about 1 1/2 stone since new year without really trying. :cry:it doesn't help that this diet can bring out depression.

Oh well, ill be happier when im 10 1/2 - 11 stone and a size 12/14.

I think my bf loves the fact that im not eating all the crap anymore, that i seem alot happier and stuff. He notices alot of changes in me as i do even this morning it was like your legs are slimmer hehe its all good and really really helps keep going..still a good bit to go but we will all get there:)

I think it would be akin to my chap talking constantly about, say, football. I ave absolutely no interest in it whatsoever but I politely nod and pretend it's all very thrilling! All he hears about is constipation, wind, shakes, soup and my constant nattering about how I'd sacrifice a limb for some pork crackling haha!! We met online and I was 42lb heavier, he took a lot of convincing to give me a try LOL! I started this to keep him, now he's hooked and so am I! I have made the transition to CD at the same time I made the decision to lose weight for me, not anyone else. I go swimming every day (twice), I walk miles and miles and I'm going to start cycling tomorrow too! I wake up each day and feel liberated when I know that I am working hard to change not only me but my life aswell. My bloke has seen massive changes both physically and mentally and he is just happy that I am getting healthier and smaller by the week. Even so, I still don't find his football interesting hahahaha!!

My husband is over the moon that I'm losing weight. Not that he's bothered what size I am. ts because he says I'm a diferent person with weight off. I'm happier, dafter and wear new clothes. Since I had my last child 7 years ago I've been a fat pudding that just wears black, tried every diet known to man and just go on and on about diets. How boring for a bloke to listen to really.
He eats any rubbish never puts weight on and talks incessantly about football and other crappy things.

Back