Support from work - I am so suprised

unreal83

Want to be a yummy mummy!
I have never had such brilliant support from people that I work with before, it truly is shocking!

No-one has told me that what I am doing is wrong, no-one has tried to advise me on what diet to do or that not eating is bad - everyone who has asked what I am blending up for lunch has been so interested and excited for me - and its so weird!

I haven't told people what I am doing, apart from a few of the girls who I am close with as we had a couple of nights out planned which I had to cancel (didnt want to go to Pizza Express on day 2 of the diet!) but people that have asked are really interested and want to know more and I find myself babbling on about ketosis and that no im not hungry and bla bla and now people are starting to notice that I am losing weight, its great!

Just goes to show that not EVERYone wants to sabbotage the diet, and tell you its crap, I think I work with some really understanding people.

I leave my waterbottle on the top of reception where I work and people grab it as they walk past and fill it up for me, also this morning I had some butter in the fridge with my name on and someone was using it as I walked in and she said is it ok if i nick a bit and I said no thats fine im certainly not gonna have it, and she said bless you is there ANYTHING we can buy you instead? I just thought how lovely.

Just thought I would share that with you - I think it also depends on who you tell at first also, you can really let the diet sell itself after that, to those ignorant people!

x

thats great. its the same here where i work that everyone is sooooo supportive and now are intersted in how i have lost this and how long its taken etc even the mechanics are asking !

everyone is pleased...but...then they add...DONT LOSE TOO MUCH MORE ! which is great in a way, i must look ok now, but i know i have a few more pounds to lose.

the questions i am getting asked now that the diet is clearly working are so funny.... so what do you eat...just shakes.?...are you hungry?do you eat anything else.? just shakes? nothing else? shakes? thats great lol i have said i can eat chicken etc and then I have 'what about beef?' no i just have chicken 'what about bacon' no i have just chicken with salad 'tomatoes??' no just lettuce and cucumber 'what about salad cream'
it goes on, its so funny.!

Aw how nice!

I have to say, my closest friends, my boss, my husband and my mum have been really really supportive. I think they can see how determined I am and don't want to mess with me :D

My lot of ladies are all on the tiny side. i get fed up of hearing them say they are fat!! (none of them could pinch an inch). it used to really get to me and i'd eat. now they watch in amazement as i knit through lunch sipping my soup (when i remember to have it), complaining that they have no willpower and that i'm doing so well while tucking into fish and chips (mouth waters at the thought, slap across the knuckles. better now)
xoxox

That's really nice! All I get here is "Do you want chips?", "Do you want a can of coke?", "Do you want a sandwich?", "It's not healthy for you to not eat!", "Just have one sweet. One won't hurt!"

To be honest, I know they don't care, they just want to sabotage me because they are jealous (I work with a group of *****y overweight women who are all competing for the attention of the boss who I happen to be very close friends with!)!

Sometimes I just want to scream! You are very lucky to have that support x

I only had one friend who suggested we did slimming world together because she couldnt do CD. I replied that i wanted to CD and she couldnt understand why I didnt want to eat! :S

My mum is so lovely and once a week buys me a new waterbottle hehe little things excited me now :D

That's really nice! All I get here is "Do you want chips?", "Do you want a can of coke?", "Do you want a sandwich?", "It's not healthy for you to not eat!", "Just have one sweet. One won't hurt!"

To be honest, I know they don't care, they just want to sabotage me because they are jealous (I work with a group of *****y overweight women who are all competing for the attention of the boss who I happen to be very close friends with!)!

Gem it sounds like you need a load of support from us as you aren't getting much from your partner or work colleagues!

All you can do is keep tough, and prove them wrong - every time you hear a negative comment just remember why you are doing what you are doing. Just saying this from what you posted about your o/h yesterday or day before.

We think you're doing a great job and when you see them eat the sandwiches and sweets and drink that fattening coke just think how greedy they are!!

xxx

I only had one friend who suggested we did slimming world together because she couldnt do CD. I replied that i wanted to CD and she couldnt understand why I didnt want to eat! :S

My mum is so lovely and once a week buys me a new waterbottle hehe little things excited me now :D

Thats so sweet! New waterbottle! Haha we are easy to please now aren't we.

My Mum sends motivational text messages every day! Shes done the diet so knows how hard it can be. x

Aww thanks hun! I'm doing it for myself so I guess I don't need their support! I get plenty on here which is great. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have put all my weight back on and not just 3st!!! x

I love the fact I get support on here and can say what I want with out someone saying 'well if you want to do a dangerous diet'

So thanks guys :D

Well, if it's an office full of *****es: just remember, every 1lb off is 1lb *better than they are*! By this I mean you are spoiling their mean sabotage attempts and you become better than them ethically. And as their *****iness increases so does your power over them, as you become the woman they dream of being: slim, glamorous, and in with the boss ;)

Well, if it's an office full of *****es: just remember, every 1lb off is 1lb *better than they are*! By this I mean you are spoiling their mean sabotage attempts and you become better than them ethically. And as their *****iness increases so does your power over them, as you become the woman they dream of being: slim, glamorous, and in with the boss ;)

Thanks Jim, I hadn't thought of it that way!

I leave this job in 4 weeks for bigger and better things (going to uni) so I won't have to watch them stuffing their stupid faces with cream cakes any longer!!! :flirt2: x

Thanks Jim, I hadn't thought of it that way!

I leave this job in 4 weeks for bigger and better things (going to uni) so I won't have to watch them stuffing their stupid faces with cream cakes any longer!!! :flirt2: x

Uni is far more accepting of stuff outside the norm then a work environment. Trust me, I've been there. It'll also be tougher in terms of the boozy temptations of student life, but you'll stay strong.

I'm teetotal Jim (ever since I had a disaster with alcohol first time round on CD...got smashed while in ketosis. Very stupid and I was very sick!!!)-I won't be tempted. It put me off alcohol for life!!! x

I'm teetotal Jim (ever since I had a disaster with alcohol first time round on CD...got smashed while in ketosis. Very stupid and I was very sick!!!)-I won't be tempted. It put me off alcohol for life!!! x

Me too! :D

Job jobbed then, no temptation to booze your Uni time away then lol

No definitely no temptation! I got one of my course books through this morning and it looks proper hardcore!!! I don't think I'll have time to booze! At least I won't have time to eat either hehe!

Yep Egyptology! The book is on Middle Egyptian (hieroglyphs) and it's sooooooooooooooooo complicated!!!!

Back