Support needed!

Taz

Spam Hunter
Hi all, I have just fond out that my nan only has weeks or short months left and aside from all the usual feelings when you hear this kind of news I have another concern:

When my grandad died I went off the rails a bit and drank too much and ate too much of the wrong thing. It was all part of a very bad year and I ended up putting loads of weight back on.

So I need to plan this time but be realistic about it. When the time comes I will not be able to stick to the plan but I will try as much as possible not to sway too far from it. After the funeral I will get straight back on plan.

I'm sure I will need a lot of support to stick to this throughout this time and I'm sure you can all help me. I will still come on here as much as possible. Thanks in advance x x

hi Taz
We are all hear ... just come on hear when you can , eating won't help but we will do our best ! sorry to hear your sad news :-(

Taz

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

The only thing I can say is that you have already made plans in advance. You know that you are going to go off the rails so my suggestion would be to set yourself some flexi syn days and just count your syns so that you remain in control of what your eating and drinking and not the other way around. But at the end of the day, it's all minor in the grand scheme of things. You know that we are all here for you when you need it! :hug99:

Thanks MsJMC, I know food isn't the answer and I hope I can avoid going down that route but it is still my comfort. I will just have to try to spend more time here!

Thanks SpaceAngel, that's what I will try to do. I will keep up with my food diary and list EVERYTHING that I have

Thanks SpaceAngel, that's what I will try to do. I will keep up with my food diary and list EVERYTHING that I have

Good Idea. If comfort food is your thing, make some SW puds to help you through it. We made some great ones at the weekend.

Taz , sorry to hear your sad news , im here if you ever need to chat , my nan has been in hospital for the last few weeks and not sure when she will come out , if at all , i try and visit her every night and it is very emotionally draining so god knows how ur feeling..... try keep ur chin up and take care xx

Hi Taz.
I'm so sorry to here your sad news.
I'm not very good with words, but I hope you don't go of the rails to much.
Different people deal with sadness in many ways, When my wonderful Mum died suddenly 3 years ago I was a mess, I found I could'ent eat. Drink did'nt come into it for me, as I don't like it. Stay in touch with your friends on here as much as you can, and try to stay possitive, which I know is difficult at times like this.

Sorry to hear your news. Allow yourself time to grieve and dont put too much pressure on yourself. Take care, you know we're here. x

I know Taz food does give us a buzz at the time but its the aftereffects of it . you need lots of pamper days to help also plan some things to do and come on here let us know your ok !

if you fancy pigging out ring me
xxx

sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you *hugs*

It's times like these when you do start to think that there are more important things in life than worrying about your weight. I would suggest that you focus on getting back on track after the funeral, because it might keep your mind off things and discourage you from going off the rails.

Hi Taz hun sorry to hear about your nan. I am lucky to have never lose anyone close to me so I can only imagine how you must be feeling and what your going through.

You said you went off the rails a bit when your Grandad died. Maybe do something to take your mind not off your nan but the pain you are feeling which made you go off the rails last time.

Maybe arrange a Family gathering for a week or so after the Funeral where you all get together and plant a tree somewhere special and get a special memorial plaque made for it. So its a place where you or family members can visit to remember her. I dont know what else to say I just thought it might give you a focus.:hug99:

Last edited:
I know food isn't the answer and I hope I can avoid going down that route but it is still my comfort. I will just have to try to spend more time here!

Sorry to hear it Taz, but reading your quoted post you've already acknowledged that foods not the answer, you can do it. xxx

Back