Support. What Support??? Grrrr....MEN!!!

First off, I apologise to those guys who get it but my bloke?? Not a hope!

It's my 1st week on LT (Day 3 today) and so far it's going great...apart from tummy grumbling keeping my colleagues amused! Haha!

Here's the thing. I get home last night at about 9 (after playing netball!!...pooped) and he has waited till i get there to start cooking his steak and chips! Thanks for the moral support!

God, it's hard enough anyway without smelling all that lovely fodder cooking!

What it is with partners and the lack of support??..or understanding?? Maybe it's because he is 6'4", slim and never had a weight problem in his life!

Grrrrrrr.....

Helen.x

GRRRRR MEN!!! slap him!!!

sounds pretty much like my other half with his metabolism..lucky sod lol

h xx

I know it sucks. I just have to content myself with the knowledge that my boy hasn't ever really had a weight problem so just doesn't understand the stress and misery involved, never mind the difficulty involved in completely cutting out food - especially when some of us use food as a coping mechanism!! :( *hugs* xx

That's sooo true. Fortunately I am feeling really strong at the moment so I wasn't tempted. It is my first week though so I hope my resolve stays throughout the journey. Hopefully my first weeks weigh in will be so good, i'll be motivated to keep going! Who needs food anyway!

That's exactly the attitude to have! :D It's a fab frame of mind to be in and if you're feeling so strong on the first week you'll have a fab time on LT because it only gets easier from here ;) When is your first WI?

MEN...they are a different species aren't they! If you explain to him thats its hard to do those things cos it affects your willpower. Try and make him understand that its not that you dont want to cook him dinner, but you need him to understand the change you are trying to make in your life.
Its a big change, and its one that will hopefully make you a happier more confident woman (hence better partner) with all the weight insecurities gone.

Remember though, in as much as are a parnter, you are and individual trying to make a change. try and put yourself first and roll on the next weigh in!

Thanks guys, that's good advice. I have tried to explain but he's so thick skinned this really will be down to will power. I'm one of those dieters that needs immediate dramatic results and I know that if my first weigh in is good, then nothing will stop me. Including him! Finger crossed for the first WI...monday at 5pm!

Keep strong Hells. I have found that I actually ENJOY cooking for my husband now. Which is a bit strange. He says I have turned into a feeder! lol

Why not try getting a computer game? My husband actually came home with Zoo Tycoon 2 for me the other day to take my mind off things and it's worked a treat!! I'm much more interested in building my Zoo than eating fatty crap! lol

Men ! We're all B***tards... ;)

Sounds a really inconsiderate sod HB... & tell him so from me :)

I bet when he hits middle age he will get a huge belly. These thin people are always affected at some stage. Stay strong ur doing great.
My husband went ape when he relised i was lighter than him, and i'm gonna stay that way ....

I am quite lucky because my other half is trying to hide his eating from me! but it doesn't stop the food smelling so good, I think i must have become more sensitive to the smell of food because i could smell his cheese sandwich a room away!! I am also in first week (day 4) but I can feel the weight coming off now and that is motivation enough at the moment!!

Good Luck!!

LL xxxx

sounds like my OH hes is really slim and eats soooo much its unreal the amount he has!:rolleyes:
he doesnt get the weight issue thing,he just thinks its easy to loose weight because hes never had to loose any before.
go for a walk when hes cooking it makes it so much easyier.i take the dogs for a walk and make sure he has all the windows open when hes cooking and when you get back make him eat in another room! ha ha im evil arnt i!!!:D
it works tho!

I have become a feeder too!!
7 weeks in and my family are convinced that Im trying to make them bigger to make me seem smaller!!

For me it is just something to do...to keep idle hands busy...

They have never had the 'snack cupboard' so full tho...as it is not a temptation for me it is fully loaded...they can all pig out when they want!

It better be gone before I refeed tho...dont know if I could handle it :)

The only thing I find is really hard to stand is the smell of fresh crusty bread...I can smell that at 20 paces...mmmmm......gorgeous.

Good luck all...keep focused

The smell I find most tempting is melted cheese!!!

My OH has always been skinny but did put a bit of weight on a few years ago. He decided he had to lose it and managed it in about a month by upping his exercise and being careful with what he ate!!! It is soooooooooooo not fair!!!

x

Since I started LT my OH has eaten like a pig (not kidding) think it's cos I'm not doing the cooking. Pies, takeaways, chips everyday crips by the multibag. I had to come to terms with it and just carry on there's not point making an issue as it's us that are changing our lifestyle and they don't need to. Keep telling him he's gonna have an early death tho if he carries on. I feel like it's helped me in a way I love to know what people are eating and smelling lovely foody smells they're often better than it tastes anyway. But I still really need to change my attitude towards food if I'm gonna keep my weight off like boredom eating and cravings they're still there and it's gonna be a constant struggle. Hope I can do it. Anyway just enjoy the nice aromas and stay focussed on ur goal xx

First off, I apologise to those guys who get it but my bloke?? Not a hope!

Here's the thing. I get home last night at about 9 (after playing netball!!...pooped) and he has waited till i get there to start cooking his steak and chips! Thanks for the moral support!

God, it's hard enough anyway without smelling all that lovely fodder cooking!

What it is with partners and the lack of support??..or understanding?? Maybe it's because he is 6'4", slim and never had a weight problem in his life!

Grrrrrrr.....

Helen.x

Here's a reminder of the lovely food you are missing whilst on LT. I'm a man and therefore a bar-stud!!! ;)

Keep strong Hells. I have found that I actually ENJOY cooking for my husband now. Which is a bit strange. He says I have turned into a feeder! lol

Why not try getting a computer game? My husband actually came home with Zoo Tycoon 2 for me the other day to take my mind off things and it's worked a treat!! I'm much more interested in building my Zoo than eating fatty crap! lol

u are so right. that sounds exactly like me. im forever feeding my hubby and 11 month old baby. he actually gets for dinner what i would like for dinner. lol. the other day i got him a dime bar and made him have it....(even though he doesnt like em) lol.

I decided right at the start that I wasn't going to tell ANY friends or family or my OH that I was on LT because I knew that I would get no support whatsoever !
I managed to get to my target weight using support from everyone on this site instead !

Back