Support?

Anna_B

Silver Member
support

Hi
Speaking from experience, I would say your husbands lack of support could be down to his own insecurity. You will be changing, physically and mentally as the pounds drop off. You will feel and look totally different, become more confident, sexy and obviously you will dress differently.
All this will worry him, other men may start to take notice, you will maybe want to do things you would never have contemplated doing before - losing alot of weight is a life changing experience. He just needs reasurance that although you are doing something for yourself, the benefits will be for him too - he should be proud that you have found the stength to do something that will make you feel so much better about yourself and how you feel.

I appreciate what you are saying. I was a lot lighter when I met my husband so all I'm doing is trying to go back to what I once was before babyboy. I thought he'd be pleased with that...

Have to say my hubby and 14 year old Son could not have been more supportive. When I started on the VLCD they ate before I got home in the evening, hubby does all the cooking anyway:) .They are always telling me how good I look now and hubby when I started said he would give me £100 for every stone I lost, and bless him he has kept his word. I did get a bit of negative things from in-laws who said that I am bound to put the weight straight back on as I have lost it too quickly:mad:

Hope you get the support from your hubby as it really does help;)

My DH is the best, however that doesnt stop him from feeling insecure at times, and I also talk to him about everything I feel, and I told him why I wanted to do it. I think because I talked and talked to him, and made him talk back to me then it made him feel happy, If you can explain that 6 months out of the whole of your life will make you happy and healthier in the long term too.
Comunication is the key, make sure he doesnt feel left behind.

Hi
Speaking from experience, I would say your husbands lack of support could be down to his own insecurity. You will be changing, physically and mentally as the pounds drop off. You will feel and look totally different, become more confident, sexy and obviously you will dress differently.
All this will worry him, other men may start to take notice, you will maybe want to do things you would never have contemplated doing before - losing alot of weight is a life changing experience. He just needs reasurance that although you are doing something for yourself, the benefits will be for him too - he should be proud that you have found the stength to do something that will make you feel so much better about yourself and how you feel.

Hi Anna:)

I have to agree totally with what Fitz is saying and I know loads of partners of people doing VLCD have reacted in a similar way.

Try not to let it get you down or sabotage your efforts.
I agree with Vicky, communication may be the key here honey.

Best wishes and thoughts to you,

Lacey...:D

Back