Supporting each other - Eating/Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying i dont support you, this isnt an easy diet and each to their own im merely giving other thoughts to think about as its all too easy to become complacent on a TFR as its so great and 99% of us lose weight every week compared to a 'normal' diet.

If i had my time over again on TFR i'd really give maintainence a lot more thought which is the point im trying to get across that there will always be something that throws a spanner in the works and its not easy.

So i am sorry if you think im being negative, but im really not :)

Dont you get it, i am offering support by showing you the other side.

' I know what the other side is - I am not an idiot!'

Im not meaning it to be negative and like i have said its your diet you wana break then go for it but im just saying look at it like any other diet,

'I am not a serial dieter, so have no experience of other diets'

there's always something in the way. Im telling you from experience, and even after LT it doesnt change if you dont start trying to address it.

'I am addressing my future food habits and that will come into force when I decide to do a total refeed once I have reached goal weight'

Thats the mistake i made so i am trying to help yous lot out by showing you the other side and by no means did i mean it to be negative but simply putting it out there. After all this is a public forum and everyones opinion should be appreciated :)

'With all due respect Summergurl, I made it perfectly clear that opinions were not required, this thread was for people that HAVE ALREADY MADE THE DECISION and to then support each other through either their eveings or weekends'

Hope you heard that.

Lisa x

Last edited:
Yes Maam loud and bloody clear!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont want peoples opinons dont post on a public board.

Im out, never again will i bother replying to a thread you post.

Soz, think i'm missing the plot.... you want support for breaking a diet!!!!! oh silly me. Just thought that this diet was a serious thing and to pave the way for a new healthier lifestyle not an excuse to have a blow out whenever you get the chance. My apologies. Pat on the back for you then. Have fun : )

hi lisa! i have a weekend away for my b/f`s birthday at the end of june! i am planning on taking shakes but i know i will have a meal on the saturday night! lol! they have a gym and spa at the hotel so an extra hard workout the next day should keep me on track!!! i hope xxx

Lipotrim rocks our socks!

Whether 100% or half heartedly, it's still a great diet, I'm sure we can all agree on this!

Last edited:
Come on folks, lets keep this forum the nice friendly place that I have always known it.

Okay, we are all different, we all have different views, I too can sometimes disagree with what Tanya says, but at the end of the day, its her decisions for herself, and I truly think she was just trying to offer an opinion that she feels about breaking the diet.

I was on lipotrim last year, and lost 3.5 stones, I broke the diet after 2 months to attend my Brothers Ruby Wedding Anniversay, but I got straight back on it. At the moment I am on TFR, because I gave up smoking for 4 months and gained a stone and a half, lost 10lbs of that in the last two week, but I had a chicken breast and green beans tongiht. Reason for me eating was I didnt fancy another shake, but thats my decision. I dont ask opionins from anyone to see if they are right.

At the end of the day, do what is right for YOU. If you suffer afterwards then learn by your mistakes. If you are like me, I can be on TFR for weeks, have a couple of meals and straight back onto it.

But, each to their own, keep it friendly please. We are all going/gone through enough stress with weight issues to be having a go at each other.

Okay, off my soap box now.......good luck everyone on their journey.

Hi Mary, thank you for your posting.

Yes you are right this is generally a friendly place and I have found all the information I've read on it hugely invalueable, and I am greatful for that. Yes, we do have different thoughts and make different decisions and I suppose I just get a bit stressed when I have given an awful lot of thought to a 'process' made the decision that works for me and have voiced that. To then feel badgered that my whole process to what does work for me is not good. It felt good to think about it all seriously and arrive at a place that worked.

I fully respected that for Tanya a break for a night/weekend whatever doesn't sit well at all and that sticking 100% works for her. Which is why I started this thread to share for others that are not in that camp but still want to do it the best way for them.

Well done for getting straight back onto LT after your brothers Ruby Wedding, and agree the giving up smoking is a killer. I put on three stone in three months after giving up, and also went from being a vegetarian for 8 years to a meat eater again. That pesky weed! Not smoked for 13 years now....

I think I'll start a fresh thread, as was suggested seeing as this one went so off track. I didn't ask for opinions on this thread but more about information you have given to how it worked for each of us that made the decision already.

At the end of the day, do what is right for YOU. Exactly, and I am fully prepared to have put some pounds on at my next weigh in and move my goal date a week further away. I'll share the boost last night gave me on the fresh thread.

Peace and positivity x Lisa x

As Lisa has said she will be starting a fresh thread, and as this one has obviously run its course now, I have closed it x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back