Surely this can't be a diet!

lottie

I've just had a chocolate muffin with vanilla icecream for my breakfast.

It's so odd! It was lovely and I felt 'naughty' for eating that as icecream and muffin's aren't very healthy at all. But obviously; they were made with LL shakes.

I'm struggling getting my head round how that was more conductive to my weight loss than having some fruit and a yogurt!! Obviously, I understand the science of the diet. It's just reconditioning my brain from 25 years of being told food like that is bad bad bad!

This diet is so odd hehehe.

mmm chocolate milkshake, love my choc packs, really need to get some ice cubes so I can try the ice cream!

I'm on RtM now and am on one food pack a day. I've chosen to keep up with the bars as they're easier to eat when on the run, but I can't tell you how much I'm missing my choccie shake! My mouth is watering at the memory!

please can someone give me a Noddy's guide to making a choc muffin? I tried it once and it was a shocker!!

Ta guys x

Hi Lemma

This is how I make mine:

I first take one quarter of a peanut abr and toast it untill its noce and crisp on the outside - then I salt it a little bit- brings out the flavour of the peanuts a bit. I then chope it into small peices....it sort of crumbles itself as you go since it is warm.

Then in a little ramekin, I put my Chocolate pack, 2 sweetners and sometimes a teastpoon of instant coffee. I heat water, and add it very slowly a bit at t a time. And stir the mix until it is a thickish-wettish-paste. If when I stir it it all sort of sticks together like dough, I add a little more water, just enough till it sort of smooths out, but is still on the dry side. Then I stir in the penaut bar bits and cook at 800w on high for 1 min 40 seconds.

Its kind of like a brownie/muiffin cross.

Yum yum. :)

Thanks BL - i will give that a go later.

Are you ready to go yet?

I hope you have no more disasters with any of your extremities honey!!!:p

I've just had a chocolate muffin with vanilla icecream for my breakfast.

I'm struggling getting my head round how that was more conductive to my weight loss than having some fruit and a yogurt!! Obviously, I understand the science of the diet. It's just reconditioning my brain from 25 years of being told food like that is bad bad bad!

This diet is so odd hehehe.

Spot on!
the whole thing is counter-intuitive.
Also explains why the un-informed sometimes greet it with hostility.

just remember it IS healthy, but only as a means to an end.
The final phase is to return to fruit & lowfat yog for life.

Keep up the enthusiasm....the best motivator for the diet after the loss-rate!

Not sure that fruit and low fat yoghurt is really the best way forward.

The focus of 5 pieces of fruit a day is a little bizarre when not all fruits are equal. Some fruits are better than others, and like anything should be taken in moderation. Dried fruits are VERY high sugar content and you need to be really careful with these.

Regarding fats, the jury is out on these. You have to eat fat -= your body needs it and cannot function properly without the correct fats. Some of these can be built by the body but only some of them.

Protein is also important. Increasing protein intake is the only natural way to increase your Human Growth Hormone which dwindles as we get older. HGH is required to rebuild your cells and repair damage.

The low fat diets are not the way to go IMHO. Since low fat foods and diets came in, obesity has increased massively. Is there a link? I believe so. You should make up your own mind.

Recommended websites:
Lose Weight - Gain Energy - Beat Stress
Protein Power
Diet, weight loss, health, EFT, low GL diet - Diet Freedom
Online Nutritional Information and Nutritional Facts - Second Opinions, UK
The Glycemic Index

If I had to recommend 2 books - they would be Protein Power by DRs Eades and The Holford Diet by Patrick Holford.

Other interesting books are The new High Protein Diet (Professor Charles Clark), Eat yourself slim ... and stay slim (Michel Montignac), Eat Fat .. Get Thin (Barry Groves), Diet Freedom - the GL diet (Nigel Denby) and of course any or the Atkins diet books (Atkins is not just the no-fruit no veg fad that people think - that is only the first stage, and after all VLCD's are no fruit and no veg too!)

Recommended websites for further info

Back