Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Thanks everyone, I'm very pleased! I'm hanging in there and keeping going :)

I'm not feeling great tonight :( I feel really tired and my face hurts again, I suspect my sinuses are filling up again. My teeth hurt on the right side but at least I've been to dentist recently and teeth are okay. I've taken pain killers and I think I'll go to bed.

Tomorrow night I'm going round to visit an old friend I haven't seen for ages for a catch up. She's moved to Halifax with her boyfriend so we don't get to catch up very often, so in looking forward to it, I'm going even if I do turn out to be ill.

Evening Sal,

Awww, I hope you're not falling ill. Sorry about the sinuses, they can be so miserable. Did you have a nice time with your friend?

Mel

I'm off to update my iPhone, I may be gone a while, especially if it goes horribly wrong!

pooh-bear-saturday.jpg

Surfhunny said:
I'm off to update my iPhone, I may be gone a while, especially if it goes horribly wrong!

Not done mine yet might work better mac to mac product.

Sat in Darlington station waiting for my 14.56 train to London kings cross. It's running 10 mins late.

great things said:
Not done mine yet might work better mac to mac product.

Sat in Darlington station waiting for my 14.56 train to London kings cross. It's running 10 mins late.

Do it when you have plenty of time, it's taken me 8 hours!!

Thank you Mel!! You too!

I had to update Windows, iTunes etc first then back up my contacts on yahoo (just in case) and finally download iOS 5. It was quite nerve wracking!!

Surfhunny said:
I had to update Windows, iTunes etc first then back up my contacts on yahoo (just in case) and finally download iOS 5. It was quite nerve wracking!!

Sounds like s massive job. Going to issue my other iPods first cause I can't be without music for mu Zumba. Then I'll update my phone!

7812.gif

Thanks Shanny! I haven't been able to get on here at all yesterday but finally today I'm back, it's weird at first I thought it was my phone since the software update but couldn't get on on my laptop either, just tried again and here I am.

iPhone update done. Think I cocked it up 1st time round. Unplugged it too soon. Took 1 1/2hrs

sally's took 8 hours, a friend of mine took 6 hours. i backed mine up first and it took 1 1/2 hours. might have been less but i thought it was finished so unplugged it and found it had stripped everything off it so i had to do a restore from backup.

Yeah I nearly unplugged too soon too. At the end when it's putting everything back on it doesn't say 'Sync in Progress' like it used to so it looks like its not doing anything but if you watch the bar at the top of your iTunes window it tells you where it's up to. The actual iPhone update only took about 2 hours it was the windows update that took forever. I had 9 updates on windows to do, at the end the computer restarts so I had to do that first!

Back