Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Now I'm going to have to find something else to keep me occupied. I've finished knitting my mums scarf and seeing as its the first thing I've ever knitted I'm very proud of it.

image-2690401198.jpg

My home made scarf.

Now I'm going to have to find something else to keep me occupied. I've finished knitting my mums scarf and seeing as its the first thing I've ever knitted I'm very proud of it.

View attachment 21727

My home made scarf.

That turned out really well.

Mel

well done you!

Love the scarf..... all you need is the hat to match now :). Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

and gloves too :)

then you can knit us all ones for xmas :D can mine be red please.

Surfhunny said:
I had this discussion with my mum the other day, and she said explain anorexics then, if your body stopped losing because it's in starvation mode why do anorexics keeps losing? I can't answer that, my only idea would be that we're more inclined to not wait it out until we lose again. We lose heart and eat things we shouldn't.

They do lose weight but it's at a much much slower rate than if a normal person ate as little as they did.

Was random comment I kno lol jus been browsing your diary it's really good that h r straight back on track that shows u really r learning not to jump from one extreme to another with food and to STS is brill :) x

lovely scarf very good for your first one :)

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs
Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!

10/10/11- WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
17/10/11 - Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
24/10/11 - Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
31/10/11 - Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
07/11/11 - Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
14/11/11 – WK 6 – Lost 7 lbs
Current Weight 14st 14lbs
Total Loss so far 2st 9lbs

and gloves too :)

then you can knit us all ones for xmas :D can mine be red please.

I'd like mine to be emerald green, please! ;)

Happy Wednesday, Sal!

Ha ha it's taken me since February to knit the one, hope there's no hurry!!

Still no sign of ketosis, but I'm freezing cold and haven't been hungry at all so I'm just guessing I'm in ketosis despite what the damn sticks say! (this is why I only use them to check I've got back into ketosis, so unreliable!!)

Oh my god I've just had a total light bulb moment!! I've spent the afternoon watching Series 4 of Australia's Biggest Loser. The make-over episode had me in floods of tears.

One of the girls is so like me. She's spent her whole life putting up barriers and hiding but without anyone knowing how she really felt and how being overweight affected her so badly! Nobody, not even my mum or Tracey, my best friend, know how I really feel. Being significantly overweight just drags every bit of self respect and self esteem out of you and leaves you with nothing emotionally. It makes you feel like you're not good enough, you don't deserve to have the good things in life, that you don't deserve anything but the misery you have.

Anyway I ended up getting out my photo albums and really looked at the photos instead of just glancing through and not really seeing me. I looked at both fat photos and thin photos to try and get it clear in my mind that I can do it!!

I know my Christmas do is not far away, and I know I won't feel at all comfortable in what I chose to wear, but this will be the very last time that happens!! I'm going to get to a point where I'm happy and comfortable, especially with having photos taken. My holiday photos next year will have me in them, not just scenery and other people.

image-549542134.jpg

Today 14st 11lbs (I still look ill but hey ho)

image-254788568.jpg

2003 18st ish NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

image-292640607.jpg

Graduation 2008 12st 7lbs ish

image-1750341874.jpg

2009 12st the target, I'm aiming for this.

image-3711540408.jpg

Comparison.

I needed to add these photos again (even though people will be sick of seeing them) to remind myself where I've been and why I'm doing it!

Last edited:
Wow thanks so much for writing that its helped me remember that slipping up is not worth it and would set us back on a really positive path to actually be happy with ourselves (I'm very tempted today as feel tired n a bit fed up!!) x

hi, hope you dont mind but i was just readng your posts, and you said you think your in ketosis cause you are really cold... is that a symptom? im just asking as i am freezing! i know its cold tonight but im sat here with 2 layers on, my hood up, in bed, with a duvet over me!!! ...

Ha ha it's taken me since February to knit the one, hope there's no hurry!!

I am willing to wait for quality!

Still no sign of ketosis, but I'm freezing cold and haven't been hungry at all so I'm just guessing I'm in ketosis despite what the damn sticks say! (this is why I only use them to check I've got back into ketosis, so unreliable!!)

I'm freezing too. Didn't you try a ketotix from the hospital once because you said the over the counter ones weren't very good?

good luck
and i love the scarf it is amazing, i love knitting and it helps me not to think of food all the time

I was watching a few ladies sitting the big base's coffee shop knitting. I think it might have been a regular group. There used o be one here... I should find a group to join.

Have you ever read The Shop on Blossom Street? It is a good book that is focused around a knitting group. There are few in this series. Debbie MacComber wrote them.

Oh my god I've just had a total light bulb moment!! I've spent the afternoon watching Series 4 of Australia's Biggest Loser. The make-over episode had me in floods of tears.

One of the girls is so like me. She's spent her whole life putting up barriers and hiding but without anyone knowing how she really felt and how being overweight affected her so badly! Nobody, not even my mum or Tracey, my best friend, know how I really feel. Being significantly overweight just drags every bit of self respect and self esteem out of you and leaves you with nothing emotionally. It makes you feel like you're not good enough, you don't deserve to have the good things in life, that you don't deserve anything but the misery you have.

Anyway I ended up getting out my photo albums and really looked at the photos instead of just glancing through and not really seeing me. I looked at both fat photos and thin photos to try and get it clear in my mind that I can do it!!

I know my Christmas do is not far away, and I know I won't feel at all comfortable in what I chose to wear, but this will be the very last time that happens!! I'm going to get to a point where I'm happy and comfortable, especially with having photos taken. My holiday photos next year will have me in them, not just scenery and other people.

View attachment 21756

Today 14st 11lbs (I still look ill but hey ho)

View attachment 21757

2003 18st ish NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

View attachment 21758

Graduation 2008 12st 7lbs ish

View attachment 21759

2009 12st the target, I'm aiming for this.

View attachment 21761

Comparison.

I needed to add these photos again (even though people will be sick of seeing them) to remind myself where I've been and why I'm doing it!

What great motivation -- I was last where I wanted to be 2009, too. I should do the samesort of "record".

@ Fallen -- Yes, it can be. Your body may actually drop a degree or so in temp to conserve energy.

Regarding coldness- t's not so much a symptom of ketosis as a symptom of low calorie diets. When we eat more and digest the food it generates heat. Also, converting fat (or protein) into fuel is a slow process, so you body may not have the surplus energy to do more than maintain core temperature.
Also, the slightly lower metabolic rate induced by weight loss can cause coldness

Ok I'm trying to distract myself badly tonight lol

Regarding coldness- t's not so much a symptom of ketosis as a symptom of low calorie diets. When we eat more and digest the food it generates heat. Also, converting fat (or protein) into fuel is a slow process, so you body may not have the surplus energy to do more than maintain core temperature.
Also, the slightly lower metabolic rate induced by weight loss can cause coldness

Ok I'm trying to distract myself badly tonight lol

Works for me... I like info! Thanks.

Back at work tomorrow Mel so I'm going to sneak a proper stick! Coldness for me is a symptom that I'm too stingy to put the heating on for any longer than normal just because I'm off work!

I've also just remembered something which made me feel a bit sh!tty. Last month there were interviews for new staff at work. A comment was made in the staffroom that they hoped they didn't employ the fat one because she looks lazy! This comment was made after the poor person in question had been shown around. People are so judgmental :(

Back at work tomorrow Mel so I'm going to sneak a proper stick! Coldness for me is a symptom that I'm too stingy to put the heating on for any longer than normal just because I'm off work!

I've also just remembered something which made me feel a bit sh!tty. Last month there were interviews for new staff at work. A comment was made in the staffroom that they hoped they didn't employ the fat one because she looks lazy! This comment was made after the poor person in question had been shown around. People are so judgmental :(

OMG, that is so true. I have heard comments like in the past.

Back