Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Surfhunny said:
I'm much more comfortable now thank you, just lying in bed watching tv. Hopefully will have a better day tomorrow. It's mad how this comes and goes. I just want to know what's wrong with me.

Awh that's good!! Hope u get better... Ur pic is absolutely gorguzzzzz xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im sure you've thought of it all already, but can you think of any possible triggers. Does stretching, curling up, warmth etc make it any bettr?

I have yet to find anything that eases it, I've got one of those heat packs that you microwave and even that doesn't help. Tonight has been the worst it's ever been. But it's calmed right down now. It's so strange. Funny now I'm leaning more towards bladder issues today, but who knows. Roll on Monday morning!!

shini said:
Awh that's good!! Hope u get better... Ur pic is absolutely gorguzzzzz xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw thanks Shini, it's just an iPhone self portrait, I was messing about lol.

Hope you're feeling a bit brighter today Sal and that you managed to get a good nights sleep.

I woke up in pain at about 5am but managed to go back to sleep after i adjusted my position.

Not as painful today thank god, still there but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. Discovered that hot bath takes it away completely, trouble is cant stay in there all day :( but at least it's something! Finally talked to mum about it cos she asked. She's told me to try not to stress about it, it'll make the pain worse, worrying.

But I worry because something that's causing this much trouble isn't likely to be something trivial. I'm scared.

Hi Sal,

Sorry you are feeling unwell. You really should go to an out of hours clinic if not tonight then tomorrow. You (being a nurse and all) know that it should be checked out.

As far as the going up and going down -- since the Biggest Loser challenge started your family has been through a terrible time and loss with regards to your nan, your work patterns have shifted, etc. I think if you weren't doing the challenge you might have gain a lot more. As far as the bar and biscuits go -- draw a line under it and start again for this moment on... you can do this. If not with CD, then some other way.

Could it be your gall bladder? I have read a lot abut VLCD and gall bladder issues.

Thanks Mel, I've got a doctors appointment first thing on Monday, if youI go to out of hours clinic you tend to get lost in the system, any referrals etc that are needed don't get followed up because they're not from your own GP, it's just the way things seem to be round here. At the moment I'm ok.

The one thing I'm certain it's not is my gall bladder thankfully.

I just want to concentrate on losing weight but every time I get in the right mind set to do it something crops up. I could really do without this right now, I want to get cracking, I've even set up an accountability thread for myself in the 100% section.

Hi Sal,

I am glad to read that you are going to see someone. I also like reading that you've come up with a plan and are not throwing in the towel.

(((((HUGS)))))

I could never throw in the towel, no matter what I have to keep fighting the weight with cd. And you're right, I could've potentially gained a heck of a lot more weight if I'd just abandoned it. I need to keep thinking about how I'll feel if I don't lose weight in time for Florida!

I could never throw in the towel, no matter what I have to keep fighting the weight with cd. And you're right, I could've potentially gained a heck of a lot more weight if I'd just abandoned it. I need to keep thinking about how I'll feel if I don't lose weight in time for Florida!
I agree :)

13760.gif

hope you get some answers tomorrow or some pain relief! not well myself! thinking atkins flu!

Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow! I hope they can help and give you speedy relief from what ails you!

Thank you Nikki and Tizzy, I'm absolutely terrified of the appointment tomorrow, not so much about what's wrong, but the fact that I'll leave with no answers and no help. I've been keeping a track of my symptoms and I'll be taking that with me because my mind always goes totally blank and I never feel like I've said what I wanted to. It's so hard to describe pain :(

So worried :cry:

Well.done on the diary...I always come out thinking...oh I forget to say about this and ask about that!

I hope is goes well, dont get fobbed of. Tell them you need answers.

Gp suspects irritable bowel, and pain in lady parts is referred from sigmoid, the last bit of bowel before the outside world. I'm still not convinced, but she's given me laxatives (Movicol) and I have to go for extensive blood tests next week and take urine sample. Was also asked to continue with the pain diary. I burst into tears in her office so she knows how concerned I am. No further forward really though :(

Well full bloods means they are taking it half seriously, at least she didnt just send you away with laxatives and tell you come back if it doesnt improve.

Keep pushing for answers :)

I know, she's looking for all sorts, diabetes, thyroid, inflammatory markers. She's actually a really thorough dr but I'm in pain and want answers now. Can't get appointment for bloods until next Wednesday, which is crazy, but hey ho. Ibuprofen is my new best friend.

I guess it was too much to hope that they would diagnose and sort everything out right away...:sigh: However, it does sound like the dr is taking things seriously. Hopefully the laxative and ibuprofen will give you some relief.

Back