Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

tizzy51 said:
I guess it was too much to hope that they would diagnose and sort everything out right away...:sigh: However, it does sound like the dr is taking things seriously. Hopefully the laxative and ibuprofen will give you some relief.

Yeah in the UK things just move so slowly, I was talking to my mum after and she said if we'd have still been in South Africa, I'd be well on the treatment road by now. But then you pay for healthcare over there.

She's pretty satisfied it's nothing gynae related as my symptoms go away at TOTM and hormones can affect IBS. And maybe having completely empty bowels will improve my weightloss.

Poor you - sorry there were no answers.

Waiting two days for bloods is ridiculous. My docs only does phlebotomy on two morning a week, but fortunately you can drop in to the bloods clinic at the local hospital too, which is open every day.

spangles said:
Poor you - sorry there were no answers.

Waiting two days for bloods is ridiculous. My docs only does phlebotomy on two morning a week, but fortunately you can drop in to the bloods clinic at the local hospital too, which is open every day.

It's over a week, next Wednesday, which is even worse. The receptionists were a bit useless today tbh, they were bogged down and stressed, massive queue. Was half tempted to get them done at work but don't want them to get lost in system and don't know exactly what she's requested.

God Movicol is foul!! :(

Surfhunny said:
God Movicol is foul!! :(

Don't take it then go hardcore with dulcolax. :)

great things said:
Don't take it then go hardcore with dulcolax. :)

Sorely tempted, but I'm doing exactly as I'm told because I'm desperate to find out what the chuff is wrong with me. Today I'm pleased to report has been pretty much pain free, apart from an hour or so before I went to bed this morning. Looks promising, but I daren't get my hopes up.

How're you and Emily? Sorry been so preoccupied with my own tales of woe.

i've got the flu and a chest infection so am off work this week. Emily's meeting was a nightmare and we're trying to wade through things to get to the bottom of her emotional side. teacher has got targets for her, i've ordered stickers for her and got her a docs appointment so we can discuss her fine motor skills, her speech, get her hearing checked and discuss her night time wetting. need her referring for speech therapy. dude's underway as i phoned health visitor about his speech too. so going to check his hearing too. been off plan since sunday but haven't really eaten anything bad until yesterday pm. so i know i'm feeling so much better. was going to go back on plan today but as i'm still not 100% i'm going to start tomorrow and rescue the rest of the week! still aiming to be in the 11st bracket by easter. 4 weeks to go!

My friend is having problems with her 8 year old at school too :( School are saying he's withdrawn, doesn't join in discussions, doesn't laugh with other kids. They think he's got emotional problems, and have pretty much insinuated that it's because of his home life. But at home he's a happy kid, he plays with friends, is out and about on his scooter all the time, goes to swimming, and gymnastics and football (because he wants to).

After Christmas my friend noticed he was developing stomach aches on a Sunday night and Monday morning, so she went to school to see if there were any problems at school only to be told by his teacher he was fine. But then at parents evening last week his teacher tells her they've had concerns for 6 months about his behaviour. I suspect he's bored at school, his reading and comprehension age is a lot higher than average and he's a bright boy, but unfortunately gets overlooked at school because he's quite quiet and there's a few trouble makers who get all the attention.

It's tough to know what to do for the best as far as kids are concerned but seems like you're going through the right channels.

thing is we shout at emily at home after we've exhausted other channels. ems teacher told us of an incident in january where she was playing tag and the other child fell over on the ice. it was an accident but emily wouldn't say sorry. she wouldn't say sorry in class for her teacher. they kept her out of one lesson and talked calmly to her saying they knew she was a good girl and no one was going to shout at her etc etc then she burst into tears. she they think she has emotional problems.

It may be that has a well developed sense of "fairness" and was unwilling to apologize for something that was "not her fault".

It may be that has a well developed sense of "fairness" and was unwilling to apologize for something that was "not her fault".

she often says..... that's not fair, it wasn't me etc etc

Fin's the same, he hates being shouted at when it's not his fault, for instance when the naughty kids in the class have done something wrong but the teacher shouts at the whole class. And I think by all accounts that's how the teacher deals with them.

Oh yes, but when I need to go I need to go. It's fine while I've been off but don't know how I'm going to cope at work :( and touch wood it seems to be doing the trick, pain definitely reduced.

Well dare I say it apart from one little twinge I've been pain free all day!!! Such a relief, to be pain free, I was tensing every muscle in my body because of it and ended up aching all over from it but I've relaxed a bit today, still achy muscles though. Off to take my tasty Movicol yum :(

Well I spoke too soon :( painful tummy today, but not been since Wednesday am so it'll be why I'm sure. Grr up the Movicol tonight.

Hi Sal,

I've not been on in a bit. it looks like you've been AWOL, too. I hope you are feeling better. Still watching Great Loser USA and enjoying it -- lost 3 pounds this week -- but in reality I have been yoyoing and going no where. I am sorry I let the blue team down -- I guess I was voted off the ranch.

Mel

I have been awol because ive had to have a week off the diet because i needed blood and urine tests to try and get to the bottom of my abdominal pain. I had to eat normally so my bloods etc don't show abnormalities that may or may not be caused by dieting.

I'm actually back in ketosis already, I'm freezing cold even though the heating is on! Tested to check not really believing it would show pink and it has, despite taking Movicol which has citric acid in.

I had a quick look on the scales and my week of naughtiness resulted in a 4lb gain but it's not the end of the world, especially because I feel so much heavier. My arms and legs look really podgy its strange, I don't know why?

Back