Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Divster said:
Hello, again! :D hope you are well xx

I'm okay thanks waiting for results of blood tests (long story) other than that I'm doing great dietwise, finally got my head back in gear. The fact that my Florida holiday is looming closer has given me the kick up the butt I needed. How're you doing these days?

How is it possible for a perfectly rational adult to become so totally irrational and scared??? I'm back at the doctors for my results in Wednesday, and I'm terrified. The pain is back and as bad as ever before. I just want to know what's wrong with me, so I can get treatment.

I wish someone would just acknowledge it, my friends keep saying it'll be nothing, and I know they're just trying to be nice but how can something so painful be nothing?? I'm so scared, I can't really talk to my mum because she's got so much on her plate right now, with her uncles dementia. I don't want to worry her more with my troubles.

hi sally

was your pain there when you ate normally? just a thought.

lets hope they find the culprit and it's a simple thing.

Pain was still there, not as often and not as bad but still there. I have wondered if it's the diet but I'm not convinced.

God what if it is diet related? I'll be destined to be fat forever, no other diet has worked for me the way CD has and I can only ever manage to lose a stone on other diets :cry:

I feel so miserable, I'm beside myself with worry :cry: I went round to try and tell my mum how I'm feeling but I couldn't bring myself to, she was talking about her uncle and I just couldn't tell her. I feel like all I do is go on about this, but my whole life is focussed on it, I can't think about anything else. I know I seem like I'm being dramatic, but I'm really terrified :(

what if it's just a mineral or allergy problem that is easily solved? what if it's gallstones which can be sorted? what if it's not this diet at all? what if it's stress as you've had quite a bit this year so far. what if it's ...... you can go on thinking and stressing and maybe making yourself worse but until you actually find out what it is from these tests then the only thing that you really know is that you're in pain!

is there anything that eases the pain?

Well if last nights tossing and turning is anything to go by, I won't get much sleep tonight :( Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I swing wildly from hoping and praying my tests all come back normal to secretly hoping that something will crop up in the tests to provide me with a definitive answer.

try to up the pain relief. keep sane. there will be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere.

great things said:
try to up the pain relief. keep sane. there will be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere.

Ha ha, I do seriously feel like I'm going demented! And today has been relatively pain free, but this morning it was there a bit, there's no rhyme or reason to it.

How're you getting on?

Good luck for today. Fingers crossed x

Thinking about you today - hope it all goes well!!!

Thank you both. Doctors went well, almost all bloods normal, slightly anaemic but haemoglobin (red blood cells for non medics) is normal so she's not worried about that, also small amount of protein in wee, but not enough to signal kidney problems, and is mostly because it was first wee of day. My inflammatory markers were also slightly raised but not out of normal limits so again nothing of concern. thyroid perfectly normal, not diabetic or even prediabetic Yay!!

The fact that my pain comes and goes means it's probably not ovary related because that pain would be constant and get steadily worse. So it looks like IBS!!! Been prescribed more Movicol and basically its watch and wait now. If pain becomes constant or I have more bad days than good I have to go back immediately, for a scan referral. Ive also got to drink probiotics everyday to restore my bowel bacteria.

It looks like it all stems back to a bout of Norovirus I had just before Christmas, it alters your bowel bacteria and can trigger IBS apparently. So I'm relieved to say the least!! I'm not sure how I'll fair with the probiotics, I've spoken to CDC who said to try it, Actimel is low carb and has no citric acid in most flavours and 75cals. Yakult (makes me want to vomit) does a light version which is only 37 cals very low in everything else. So if Actimel kicks me out of ketosis for some reason I'll have to try Yakult.

In other news Tactless Tessie strikes again. She told me that this stupid diet clearly doesn't work, because why aren't I stick thin only having 500 cals a day. Cheeky b!tch!!!! So I pretty much told her to fcuk off and I'm now thinking I'll prove that b!tch wrong, she goes in maternity leave on 10 weeks, I'll show her how much I can lose in 10 weeks doing this "stupid" diet!!

And finally I've lost 8lbs this week yay! Its week 1 water weight but it's a nice big chunk, thank you very much, I'll take it :)

Last edited:
woohoooo for the loss
sorry to hear about tackless tessie, i think we all have one of them in our lives hehehe
big hugs, hope the pain eases xx

I am miffed, my 100% Accountable thread has been moved from the 100% section to the main forum because I accidentally mentioned food. In fact I'm more than miffed I'm gutted, I need it in the 100% section for the support :cry:

i thought tactless tess had gone! wasn't she on maternity a while ago? am i loosing the plot?

100% thread....

delete food references ask for it to be moved back :D

school - bad. i'm being kept on with my contract but there was another fight yesterday in year 6! they've little respect for me. so the head said she'll get someone else to cover that afternoon class (yeah!) but i makes me feel like i've lost that they've won! however, i dreaded tuesdays in school cause i had the year 6 class in the afternoon. :( she was talking about taking all of tuesday off me but i said that year 4 was no problem! i really like the year 5 class too!

i'm back on my anti-Ds! started them a couple of weeks ago. so now i need a docs signature. so while i'm off i'll be popping there for it! thing is i think i'll be on them for life now. each time i come off them i'm ok for 6 months then i drop low! my mum's next door neighbour said that there's nothing wrong with being on them and that it's a chemical imbalance. i need to keep taking them!

Yeah TT was on maternity leave, came back, got up the duff again. The sooner she leaves again the better!

As for anti-ds there's absolutely no shame in taking them permanently, it's better for you and your health in the long run.

Sal your post is on 100% forum hunnie... thanx for playing me with im addicted now lol

So glad the doctors went well keep taking your Movicol ive had 2 tonight myself xx

8 lbs LOSS wow xx

Last edited:
Yeah Starlight moved it back :) I got more movicol on prescription, am pretty much convinced its ibs now, i managed to get plain movicol this time and its not as nasty as the lemon and lime. Hopefully once the probiotics get into my bowel things will settle down.

I'm totally addicted too, it's interesting how other people interpret things lol.

I know ive raved on about them before, but digestive enzymes from the health food place were amazing for my ibs when it first started :)

Ah Kez, thanks, I've still got some in the cupboard. I'm going to take them again. I also looked up Movicol and the side effects can be abdominal pain. Sooo I'm going to give it a few days without taking it just to see what happens, cant make things much worse. Failing that I'm going to ring for a telephone consultation when the Dr gets back from Annual leave on the 10th, and ask for a scan. I can't keep on like this. Mind you I have worked out why ibuprofen isn't working, it's and anti-inflammatory and my inflammatory markers aren't raised, so there's no inflammation for it to work on. We'll see if plain old paracetamol works instead.............

Eurgh had awful evening listening to my cousin go on and on and on about inane things, he really is odd, hard to believe we're even family!!! Such a odd ball, I find him very hard work!!

Tomorrow I have a grand plan of dragging my a$$ out of bed at 7am and starting my couch to 5k training for the RFL. I need to start and Sunday morning seems to be a good enough time to start. The beach won't have had time to get busy that early, the only people out and about will be other runners, surfers and dog walkers, no chavs or people who are likely to laugh and point. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!!!!

Back