Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Oh my god im a bit nervous, just about to head out to do day 1 of C25K! I'm heading out early so no one sees me. I really hope this session doesn't put me off completely. Ah well here goes, wish me luck!!

So that's done!! Thighs sore despite stretching, blisters on poor feet even though I've worn and better worn these trainers, and I did the whole thing with a massive stitch :( but I'll be back out again on Tuesday. To be honest though so long as I can finish RFL in under 30 mins with more running than walking ill be happy.

But the Sunday morning run was lovely, encountered a few dog walkers but that was all. It was bl00dy freezing at first but it looks like its going to be another gorgeous day!

Wow! I'm very impressed - both that you got out there early on a Sun morning and that you persevered despite stitch and soreness! What is RFL?

I'm about to take the dog to the beach where we should be meeting up with other dogs/dog owners from a group I joined on facebook, but haven't met in real life yet. It's quite windy here, so am planning on dressing warmly. Course the dog won't care - he loves running up and down the beach!

Race for life.....well done sal!

cripes i have some competition :)

first RFL was 36 mins
2nd was 33 mins
fastest was 29 mins! i think anything under 40 is great :)

p.s i was going to start my training today but..... i was mega tired after my week of sleep deprivation. i'll start next week.

Glad you got some answers and solutions re your an pain. Good on you for using TT comments to inspire you and yay to starting your RFL training.

MinnieMel said:
Glad you got some answers and solutions re your an pain. Good on you for using TT comments to inspire you and yay to starting your RFL training.

Thanks Mel!! I haven't taken Movicol since Friday and only had a few mild twinges, however no toilet action today so will see tomorrow if I need to have a couple of sachets to make me go. Movicol can cause abdo pain as one of the side effects so in wondering if it's been that misleading things a bit. We shall see cant do anything until gp comes back in 10th so watch and wait.

great things said:
cripes i have some competition :)

first RFL was 36 mins
2nd was 33 mins
fastest was 29 mins! i think anything under 40 is great :)

My first RFLP was 38 mins walk/trot pace and almost 18st, hence my below 30 target. It's probably hugely optimistic but if I don't aim high there's no point.

Well this weekend has been hell on earth!! How I've managed to keep my mouth shut is beyond me. My creepy cousin Matt stayed at my parents, his parents and brother &SIL stayed at hotel nearby. Yesterday we went to scatter my grans ashes, but we've had to put up with him the whole weekend. He's such a weirdo. Last time he was totally inappropriate playing with laser pens and shining them on people while my poor granny was busy breathing her last breath. This time he brought a flashing spinning top and continued to spin it on the table while people were trying to talk. He butted in all the time like he has no respect for people's conversation, his opinions are to be heard regardless of who is talking.

Mind you his mother is just as bad, all weekend I've had to listen to her slag off my family, my Dad and his brothers have had a really rough time dealing with grabs death and she slags them all off. She's a conspiracy theorist and believes that my dad and his two other brothers are plotting against her and her husband (dads oldest brother) to split the inheritance etc and leave them out. She calls it closing ranks.

She said something to my poor SIL that I didn't hear the beginning of, but the end was awful, she said "these two cant help it they're born into it, you aren't you are choosing to join the family!" these two being me and my brother. SIL felt very uncomfortable. I had to bite my tongue all weekend, she tries to drag my mum into her conspiracies which makes live difficult for my mum who already doesn't really get on with the other brothers but now the rift is getting bigger because of my aunt.

I can see where Matt gets his inappropriate behaviour from! So it's been a really tough weekend, bad enough without them sh!t stirring!! So glad they've gone. It's a shame really because my cousin Andy and his other half Danielle are lovely, so is my uncle I don't know how they put up with Cath and Matt :(

I've abandoned my running outside, in this weather it's next to impossible, so windy I can barely walk never mind run, so it's back to the treadmill for me for now at least.

Well done for holding your tongue. Families are weird aren't they? I don't know where they start to dream up all these "theories" but its quite common I believe. You're better off out of it! So just keep away from these negative folk!

Well done on the running! Inside or out LOL

Jelliebabe said:
Well done for holding your tongue. Families are weird aren't they? I don't know where they start to dream up all these "theories" but its quite common I believe. You're better off out of it! So just keep away from these negative folk!

Well done on the running! Inside or out LOL

To be honest I'm glad they live in Wales and we only see them a couple of times a year. I couldn't cope any longer than that.

Matt is just so ignorant, we all went out for a family meal and he sat playing on his phone, so my mum made my brother swap seats so Matt was more in the middle and not on the end. She said she thought me, my bro and SIL were leaving him out. But we weren't talking about specific family things we were just talking generally. Anyway when he moved he still sat playing on his phone not getting involved, even when people tried to talk to him. Rude!!!

I agree with Jelliebabe - families are weird. I love mine, but there are some occassions and/or some behaviours during which I think that I don't like certain members of my family. Ah well, as you said you only see them a couple of times a year, so don't sweat it. It's just too bad that they so adversely impact the time you have with all the other members of your family. :(

Congrats on your running! I have noticed while walking the dog that it is quite windy out there; what happened to spring???

Bloody hell I've screwed up again :( I went out with the girls last night, went bowling and I was meant to go home afterwards while they went out to eat, but we were having such a good catch up I didn't want to go, I thought I'd be strong enough to sit and chat while they ate (I've done it many times before) but no as soon as the waiter handed us the menus willpower left me. I'm so disappointed with myself :cry:

It wouldn't matter so much if I hadn't had that stupid family situation (food galore) to deal with last weekend, then not getting to see my CDC this week because I had to stay back at work, not making excuses but it's all contributed to my weakness. So here I go again having made promised to my CDC that I really am serious this time I've failed to deliver yet again ffs.

I'm only cheating myself here, CDC will love me cos I keep her in business with my cheating :( September is looming ever closer and I'm still in the bloody 15's. It's always been a psychological sticking point for me, on SW and WW I never managed to successfully get under 15St and now it's got that way with CD. Boo I need to do this.

First goal get I to the 14's!! Thats 6lbs!! Starting now!!!

Last edited:
Best of luck surfhunny :) I know your upset but catching up with friends is the best ;) what did u eat?
Im starting on slim & save this morning I've been on LL and LT already :( gained 18 lbs already.
So let's start today?? You have Florida to look forward to :) all You can do is try your best and never give up trying.
Claire

claire30 said:
Best of luck surfhunny :) I know your upset but catching up with friends is the best ;) what did u eat?
Im starting on slim & save this morning I've been on LL and LT already :( gained 18 lbs already.
So let's start today?? You have Florida to look forward to :) all You can do is try your best and never give up trying.
Claire

Thanks Hun! Eek it was a Chinese banquet so we all had a bit of everything, I limited my carbs and 'tried' not to have too much battered chicken but the sauces were soooo bad. Anyway it's done, had a good night and now I'm focussed.

Just been on the scales and have only gained 4lbs after 2 weekends if sin so I'm happy with that, small price to pay!! I need to lose 6lbs to get me out of the dreaded 15's I have spent a year messing about in the 15's and it stops here!!

I'm still going to my CDC for WI but think for continuity I'm going to use my scales and Sunday morning as my official WI. WI at my CDC is just to keep her happy really, her scales are 2lbs heavier than mine lol and I weigh on mine before I go and as soon as I get back. I think that's a bit OCD of me but I like continuity.

Good luck Claire!!!

Thanks Hun! Eek it was a Chinese banquet so we all had a bit of everything, I limited my carbs and 'tried' not to have too much battered chicken but the sauces were soooo bad. Anyway it's done, had a good night and now I'm focussed.

Just been on the scales and have only gained 4lbs after 2 weekends if sin so I'm happy with that, small price to pay!! I need to lose 6lbs to get me out of the dreaded 15's I have spent a year messing about in the 15's and it stops here!!

I'm still going to my CDC for WI but think for continuity I'm going to use my scales and Sunday morning as my official WI. WI at my CDC is just to keep her happy really, her scales are 2lbs heavier than mine lol and I weigh on mine before I go and as soon as I get back. I think that's a bit OCD of me but I like continuity.

Good luck Claire!!!
mmm chinese lol and only 4 lbs up thats fine really. that will soon melt away hun.
when is your weigh in day? stay strong im going to be glued to this forum over the next few weeks lol.

you will do it in time for your holiday :)

Back