Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Prove her wrong....people are so fricking rude sometime. I dont know where they get off?

Surfhunny said:
So another loooooong day at the workhouse, I'm exhausted!! Thursday, Friday and today I've worked 9-9 :( starting to feel like I live there. I was meant to finish at 5 but I'm on call so didn't get away until 9pm, I'm shattered. Just waiting for tumble drier to finish and spit my uniform out then I'm off to bed!

In the meantime I've had the first false tab application of the year. It's meant to be warm tomorrow so I thought I'd wear my cut off combats and my holiday Birkenstocks to get them worn in, but my legs are whiter than a white thing on a white day in white town!!!

One of my colleagues really p!ssed me off today, I was showing my best mate the photos of me in my holiday shorts, and she happened to look at the photo. She said "Jesus Sally why did you buy such tight shorts?" so I told her and she shook her head and said "Hmmm what a waste of money!!" how freaking rude. She knew I'm dieting, I can't believe how cheeky that was, it upset me a bit but then I just thought I'll show you, I'll easily fit those shorts by Florida!!!

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Hi Hun good for u get those pins out! Lol

What a horrid lady u work with, there's some revolting people in this world isnt there! U will soon show her

I just wish people would think before they speak!! Idiots! What with her and Tactless Tessie I'm surrounded by people supporting my diet. TT goes on maternity leave in a few weeks yay, less of her sh!t to put up with. But I will show them both, doubters. I know I can do it, and I'm even prepared to sacrifice my birthday this year to get to target!

I've had my legs out today and felt very uncomfortable, my calves look like big hams. I've not really ever felt self conscious about my legs but I did today, I don't know why :eek:( as if I haven't got enough to be self conscious about without worrying about my legs too :cry:

I'm just watching Secret Eaters, and I can tell you now I can see exactly why I gained weight!! It's interesting how much food gets shoveled in without realizing and that is definitely what's happened with me!

Surfhunny said:
I've had my legs out today and felt very uncomfortable, my calves look like big hams. I've not really ever felt self conscious about my legs but I did today, I don't know why :eek:( as if I haven't got enough to be self conscious about without worrying about my legs too :cry:

I'm just watching Secret Eaters, and I can tell you now I can see exactly why I gained weight!! It's interesting how much food gets shoveled in without realizing and that is definitely what's happened with me!

What channel! I wanted to watch it!

It was on channel 4 the other night I had it on sky+ but it's on again tomorrow night at 8, new episode!! It's really good! I'm immersing myself about fat people getting thin and it's helping me stay motivated! These and my shorts!!

Wow tomorrow is day 33!!! Where has that time gone??

Crazy! Well done you! I hope to bag a few consistent days this week!

So another loooooong day at the workhouse, I'm exhausted!! Thursday, Friday and today I've worked 9-9 :( starting to feel like I live there. I was meant to finish at 5 but I'm on call so didn't get away until 9pm, I'm shattered. Just waiting for tumble drier to finish and spit my uniform out then I'm off to bed!

In the meantime I've had the first false tab application of the year. It's meant to be warm tomorrow so I thought I'd wear my cut off combats and my holiday Birkenstocks to get them worn in, but my legs are whiter than a white thing on a white day in white town!!!

One of my colleagues really p!ssed me off today, I was showing my best mate the photos of me in my holiday shorts, and she happened to look at the photo. She said "Jesus Sally why did you buy such tight shorts?" so I told her and she shook her head and said "Hmmm what a waste of money!!" how freaking rude. She knew I'm dieting, I can't believe how cheeky that was, it upset me a bit but then I just thought I'll show you, I'll easily fit those shorts by Florida!!!

How unkind... prove her wrong.

Thanks to you I am now addicted to Biggest Loser. I am trying to watch all the back seasons I never saw. ;)

Good resistance re: cupcakes.

There's a giant cake in the recovery area :( its one of the Doctors last day and she's baked us a cake, it looks and smells amazing!! I am sulking big time :cry: my mantra today has been "Your ass is to fat for your shorts", I say it every time I see the cake!

To make matters worse its my turn to bake tomorrow for Cake Friday. If it wasn't for charity I wouldn't do it. I figured I'd be at target when I wrote my name down back in January. Unfortunately I'm not and can't back out, tomorrow night will be torture!!! :(

Last edited:
Bake a cake you don't like. I do not like cooked fruit.

I'm okay with the cake baking, it's making the icing that I'll struggle with, not being able to taste if I've got the mixture right so I'm going to cheat with Betty Crocker icing I think. It's not ideal but better than getting kicked out of ketosis.

I found this diary entry from 2 years ago. Written 106 days before my Vegas trip. How different is my attitude now 105 days before my Florida trip. This time I'm still positive I can do it even though my body is fighting me all the way. It looks like I'm on for another small 1 or 2 lb week :( but it's TOTM and it has to pick up sooner or later.

Anyway here's my diary entry from 2 years ago.

"I'm off to Vegas in 106 days!! Woo doesn't seem that long now. Which is a bit scarey because it means that I don't really have that long to lose the last bit of weight thats been hanging around for the last 9 months. Urgh, it's so annoying that I've been messing about for so long, it should've all been done by now.

I'm feeling quite positive but I don't want to think too far ahead, or put too much pressure on myself. Its just under 4 weeks till I go to Wales with Mum and Dad and thats when I'm going to reassess what I'm doing. My brother said I can't keep doing CD for ever and he's right, there has to come a time when I move onto more conventional eating. I've been doing this again for almost a year and not getting very far. It helped me get off the excess weight I gained when me and AP broke up and also the weight I piled on at Christmas, I went up to 14st 9lbs after that, but now I'm back down to somewhere near 13st (I think - I hope). So I have lost weight, just not as much as I'd hoped.

Still 3 weeks left of ss so I'll see how that goes and how much I manage to lose. 4lbs so far....."

Interesting!!!

How did that make you feel reading your old post?

It was strange, I'm gutted that I've gained so much more weight, but I'm much more positive than I seemed to be then! It's very weird, why did I not see that 106 days was plenty of time to get to target?? Why was I giving myself 4 weeks then giving up?? Who knows?

Omg Danny Cahill, the winner of my favourite Season of Biggest Loser is following me on Twitter!!! How very exciting!!!!!

It sounds as if you've done a lot of the "fixing" of your issues that led to your weight problems and this time you are bring realistic and positive about your ability to not only lose the weight but keep it off long-term.

I'm not pleased that I allowed myself to regain 2 stone, but I know I can lose it (and will) - but what I need to know is that I am getting off the YoYo ride once and for all. I started listening to Jillian Michaels' pod casts on iTunes and what she says makes a lot of sense.

Hmm I might have a look for those, I did the slimpod for 28 days and I feel like I totally wasted my money on it :(

Hmm I might have a look for those, I did the slimpod for 28 days and I feel like I totally wasted my money on it :(

They are good and FREE on Itunes. They are her radio show -- about an hour long each. (oh but I have a US itunes account. If you can't find them -- if your account balance is zero, you can go to your profile page and change your Itunes country to the U.S. and download them).

you are doing it surf. more than can be said for me. i'm struggling with the water when i work. this results in feeling hungry, bloated and then i struggle to go to the loo etc etc etc. not easy for me to do this diet right now but if i wasn't on this i'd be piling on the weight. the doc has started me back on metformin for my pcos. took a lot of bagering but he did it. also upped anti ds to 2 a day.

Back