Surfhunny's Countdown to Florida

Thank you very much Nat xxx

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

My birthday breakfast, not something to shout about really. And my birthday treat? Blueberry green tea. I know blueberry is not allowed but it's my birthday and it's the one treat I'm allowing myself.

image-4077985826.jpg

Banana Bliss, fizzy water & green tea yum :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You should have a belated birthday event on your holiday :D and next year will be an extra special one as you'll feel so fab.

Ha ha Felix there will definitely be birthday celebrations while I'm away :) We're doing the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Fireworks Party at Magic Kingdom. Dessert buffet what more can I say. It's what keeps me going!

Oh wow that sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!! I am off to Florida for the first time next year so will have to check that out! The one thing I'm most excited about is the desserts haha :D

Wi shortly, scared, I hope the additional 2lb that appeared has gone and taken s few more with it!!!! Going to get some MAM too haven't MAMed for a while.

Surfhunny said:
Wi shortly, scared, I hope the additional 2lb that appeared has gone and taken s few more with it!!!! Going to get some MAM too haven't MAMed for a while.

You will be fine!
Sending you weight loss fairy dust!

I've been reading up a LOT about STS/ gains etc. Scales are only one way of measuring your loss, but the most effective measurement of weight loss is to combine inch loss calculation and lean body mass which is a bit like BMI but allegedly more accurate. Even those scales which calculate fat percentage are wrong. Body builders seem to only go on inches. This circuit training place I'm going to, also do inches rather than weight, though they do weigh you.

Have you considered using those Zaggora hotpants? They are supposed to be really good at helping you fit into your shorts and lose water weight!

Thanks Nat!! Ive also come to the conclusion that the scales LIE!!! According to my official CDCs scales at wi I've only lost 4lbs since I last saw her 3 weeks ago :( my scales when I got home say 6lbs lost since the dreaded 2lb gain on Sunday. There's 2lbs floating around out there between the two sets of scales. But that said I look thinner, feel thinner, my clothes are looser and people have commented on my weightloss so for now I'm saying sod the scales!! I'm going to measure tomorrow morning before I drink anything and use measurements and clothes as a guide instead!!

Oh and in July a new flavor shake is out - coconut!!! I can't wait :)

Last edited:
Yum! to the coconut and yay! To the loss. 3lb is not massive but That's a loss though and better than a gain.

Surfhunny said:
Today I will mostly be wallowing in self pity! Due to my messing about I will not be able to celebrate my birthday properly. No birthday cake, no nice family meal, no drinks with my friends :cry: I'd treat myself to a go on the scales but it'll probably just make me more miserable :(

Ah well it's only a birthday, same as any other day really. On the plus side I'm comfortably back into my US 12 jeans.

Hey u could have an honorary 2nd birthday once u get to goal? :) x

Ooh and happy birthday !! :)

Happy Belated Birthday. And they'll give you a It's my birthday button at City Hall in Main Street, do that be your birthday. Coconut sounds good. Yum,

MinnieMel said:
Happy Belated Birthday. And they'll give you a It's my birthday button at City Hall in Main Street, do that be your birthday. Coconut sounds good. Yum,

Thanks Mel! X

I'm just watching the Jubilee Pageant and it looks amazing! Despite my South African roots I'm a huge fan of the royal family and love anything like this. Very much looking forward to our jubilee party tomorrow, we've gone a bit overboard with the red white and blue. I'll post pics tomorrow.

My crown!! :D

Attachments

• image-587809843.jpg
    image-587809843.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1301859097.jpg
    image-1301859097.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 50
It's awesome. Did you make that?

I stuck the blue ribbon and jewels on, if that counts as making it then yeah, I totally made it lol :p

Those things really finished it off. Freakin' pouring all day. This bites.

Its been fine but grey here, hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Sunny here too for now lol. I'm at a BBQ today and I've already told my CDC I'll be having a day off. But I'm going to be sensible, no drinking, no bread, trying to stick to Atkins type food, and do damage limitation. I think I need this say off, if my losses were bigger I'd probably be more inclined to stick it out but I'm happy to take responsibility for any gain this week.

Smaller losses definitely make it harder, I wonder if it's because we've done it before? I'm sure my losses were higher the first time!

Enjoy your BBQ - I hope the weather holds out for you! No sunshine here yet x

Back