Surgery Abroad

Gemma

Gold Member
Has anyone had surgery or is considering having any cosmetic surgery abroad. Am looking to have my boobs done once i get to goal but have no idea on how to find a good surgeon.

I'm planning it too. The women in my mums family are traditionally flat chested and The thought of loosing my boobs is sooo upsetting! My cousin had hers done in Thailand at the beginning of the year and they look amazing, she also had a tummy tuck at the same time which she didnt really need but she has the flattest tummy now ever.

I like the idea of having it done abroad cos its loads cheaper - I was thinking of this place Cosmetic surgery in Tunisia - Cosmetica Travel : Cosmetic plastic surgery

However the hypocondriac in me just thinks that it might not be too wise and i would be better off paying extra and having bupa do it. have you found anywhere yet?

Hi Gemma:D

How strange this topic has come up...I went to see my dietician last week and we were discussing surgery abroad...she was adament that the biggest problem resulting from surgery abroad is the lack of after care...if you have surgery abroad then the NHS will not provide aftercare(thats what she told me anyway):rolleyes:

I've heard of some really possitive stories and some not so possitive...guess each case is different:rolleyes:

I have only lost 8lbs so far but my boobs are so much smaller and i hate it, does make me wanna cry. I have seen that web-site before and was impressed.

If i could afford it i would definitly go in the UK but i figure spanish people don't come here to get their surgery done.

I like the idea of going somewhere that is quite close to home ie not a 10 hour flight, have tried to find some web-sites of reviews but am not coming up with much at all.

Surely if you need help the NHS have to help ya, surely thats why we pay our taxes and NI contributions for

Apparently not..well not if you've elected to have private surgery abroad....the dietician was saying its mainly because its so difficult getting a surgeon abroad to liase(sp) and therefore the aftercare support is weak.

I imagine if there was an emergency they couldn't turn you away but the routine aftercare they expect you to seek privately.

ahh i get ya, i thought they would lock the doors on me if i was having any emergency.

Chika- That Cosmetica Travel seems quite good, have been told to be weary of places that kick ya out the door the same day as your surgery or let ya fly back with your stitches, but they look good and the prices are amzing considering it contains accomodation. Just looked at flights and they are only £150

hmmm to surgery or not to surgery .... a dilemma I visit often!!

At 10st 9.5 lbs I boasted a great set of 34 DD boobies. Lovely. At 9st 10.5 lbs I find myself struggling to fill a 34 C ... but may just be the bra. I'm hoping that in another stone I have something left but fear that I may well end up with little bee stings!!

It's just a tough decision ... boobs clearly have their advantages but small/no boobs = smaller clothes!!!!

The one thing I have always been proud of were my ample boobs, thought they would stay to be honest as they were big for my size anyway but there going fast and are no longer big. I'm not overly worried about not having smaller clothes on top if it means i can have boobs again. I really am vain i know

Aww hunni!! Thing to do (as I see it anyway) is to wait until you get to goal. Live with whatever boobalage you have when you get there for a while and decide from there. If I am really unhappy with the way I look and feel then I will take action when I have maintained for a while. I don't see there's much point opting for surgery only to find I can't maintain and gain it all back again .... not that that will be happening of course ;)

yeah that is what i am planning to do but thought it is best to start looking for surgeons and getting ideas of cost etc.. can feel a daddy moment coming on that problem:rolleyes:

Wanna find a surgeon whose worthy of handling my new slim bod:p

Pmsl .... Daddy moments are the best!! My BF's father is in the plastic surgery line of work so I'll consult him if/when I decide to have it done!

My husband's Turkish so i've been looking at some Istanbul cosmetic surgery sites and they look really good. Excellent prices too. The hospitals there are fantastic, really modern and clean. Not sure what i would have done, if anything, but thought i would make some enquiries next time we are over there

ahh well...... i used to work in regional plastic surgery unit in birmingham and if you have surgery that goes belly up abroad then yes the nhs will put it right, you wouldnt be left to suffer . personally i would advise anyone to get referral from gp to see a plastic surgeon, with waiting list initatives, times have come down and many of them do do private clinics........

I was all set to go to Malaysia next April for a Tummy tuck.

Body Beautiful - Cosmetic Surgery Holidays, Malaysia - IVF, Obesity, Hair Transplant, Dentistry

But have decided against it, although i have been talking to the surgeon via e-mail no monies have been passed yet so it has been easy to back out.

My hubby really didn't want me to have it done (even though he supports me it i did go ahead) & so many people have continually told me i don't need it including my own GP. So while i was away i took a long hard look at myself & thought really deep about it. As i suffer with depression one of the big issues i had to think about would i be happy with the scar? what if i wasn't? would it make me my depression worst? These issues i had to really think about & i'm not prepared to take the chance, so for me it's now a no go & i've back out. Although i doesn't mean to say i would say 'go for it' to someone else but make sure you really think hard about it there are so many issues to think about & to discuss with the people that you care about.

My hubby & children are all relieved i have changed my mind, good luck to anyone one that decides to go though with it.....xxx

ahh well...... i used to work in regional plastic surgery unit in birmingham and if you have surgery that goes belly up abroad then yes the nhs will put it right, you wouldnt be left to suffer . personally i would advise anyone to get referral from gp to see a plastic surgeon, with waiting list initatives, times have come down and many of them do do private clinics........

But is it not so much more expensive to do it in this country. I went to the doctor i while ago on an unrelated issue and we got discussing about the nhs and boob jobs and she said that they rarely will let you have it done on the nhs anymore

ahh well...... i used to work in regional plastic surgery unit in birmingham and if you have surgery that goes belly up abroad then yes the nhs will put it right, you wouldnt be left to suffer .

But is it not so much more expensive to do it in this country. I went to the doctor i while ago on an unrelated issue and we got discussing about the nhs and boob jobs and she said that they rarely will let you have it done on the nhs anymore

I work for the NHS and from my understanding if you have surgery abroad they will not put it right for you unless it is life threatening!!! Also depending on what went wrong & the area where you live will would also be a factor to whether the NHS would help. Please don't go into this with the thought 'if it goes wrong, the the NHS will put it right' because there is a very good chance that they won't!!!....xxx

Back