Surgery and SS?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Smiley_Cat, 20 December 2008 Social URL.

1. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya.

I have to have surgery on my leg in the new year - can I stay on SS leading up to it and after it?

I will have to go under general anaesthesia but the surgery is just an overnight job.

If anyone knows anything, it would be really helpful.

Cx

Last edited: 21 December 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think you should really speak to your doctor about this.

4. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you are having surgery that involves general anesthetic you have to come off SS I'm afraid hun! I had surgery this year (only a day surgery!) and CD insists you come off SS for 3 months after to recover fully. I think you have to come off 2 weeks before surgery to but I could be slightly out on that (could be less) you'll have to check with your CDC.
    Sorry hun!:eek:

5. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh nooooooo!!! I thought there might be some rules about it but that's sooooo loooooong :(

I'll definitely be speaking with my CDC and my doc when I'm back from my holidays, but thought i'd just see what people might know on here.

:'(

6. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm so sorry I was the one to have to tell you that because I thought exactly the same when it happened to me. I'm so sorry!:(

7. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Its ok kellymundy...I posted so I might get some info, thank you for responding

Cx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.