Surprise syns - The good and the bad

Fat fee fromage frais, (morrisons NUME is nice) with sachet of aldi hot chocolate poured in, is really nice for choc fix and only 2 syns.

Thanks Luisa71 - Another fab suggestion!

Lee

Think I forgot this one but Sugar Free Jelly is one syn for one side .... Always a good sweet fix and apparently you can use it to make Jelly sweets somehow - if anyone knows go for it... Think it has something to do with Gelatine

Any other surprises out there?

Lee

Hi all was thinking about my love for crisps and remembered that I use to make them in the microwave it was easy and I added different seasoning for taste all I used was a microwavable glass dish,fry light and a yummy spud which I peeled to get thin slices. made a great syn free snack :)

I get the Multi pack of milky bars, each one is 1.5 syns and they really deal with my sweet needs. A pack of 6 is normally £1, so cheap too

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Milky Ways are more syn heavy than you've calculated for

Milky Way , 52g twin bar 11½11½11½
Milky Way , 26g snacksize 666
Milky Way , 21.5g bar 555
Milky Way , 16g funsize

Thanks for the corrections and new posts guys - anyone else found any surprisingly good or bad syn values?

Lee

I make these lovely little desserts, each one is a healthy extra B (i follow the green plan so I can eat 2 :))... just melt down 2 chocolate alpen lights to make the base and top with quark, just add some sweetener to the quark along with some chopped fruit (I prefer strawberries) and then top with fruit :) they are lovely!photo dess.JPG

I make these lovely little desserts, each one is a healthy extra B (i follow the green plan so I can eat 2 :))... just melt down 2 chocolate alpen lights to make the base and top with quark, just add some sweetener to the quark along with some chopped fruit (I prefer strawberries) and then top with fruit :) they are lovely!View attachment 131801

They look delicious!

I make these lovely little desserts, each one is a healthy extra B (i follow the green plan so I can eat 2 :))... just melt down 2 chocolate alpen lights to make the base and top with quark, just add some sweetener to the quark along with some chopped fruit (I prefer strawberries) and then top with fruit :) they are lovely!View attachment 131801

Wow what a fantastic suggestion Samantha26!!!! This is defo one to try!!

Thanks,
Lee

Just wanted to note that milky ways and milky bars are different :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Milky Ways are more syn heavy than you've calculated for
Milky Way , 52g twin bar 11½11½11½
Milky Way , 26g snacksize 666
Milky Way , 21.5g bar 555
Milky Way , 16g funsize

Just wanted to note that milky ways and milky bars are different :)

Thanks for supporting syn values - Milky Bars - for the smallest one which I think is 27.5g (not sure) is 3.5 syns. If anyone wants to know syn values - 1 syn for every 20 calories. The ones I have are 69 Calories so that's 3.5 syns :)

Lee

Found another little surprise which is flying saucers sweets - you know the ones with fizzy sugary stuff in the middle.

Got some from Morrisons - their little 3 for £1 bags and they are only 66 Calories, such a shock! So i'm counting them as 3.5 Syns. You get 14 so I think its something like 4 for 1 Syn.
Only problem is - it didn't take me long to polish off the bag!!!! :p

Enjoy

Lee

I love Mikado's too! I slide some grapes and strawberries on them to make them like little fruit kebabs!:eat: I used to love a pot of micro noodles till I found out there 24.5 syns :faint2::faint2: to think I would then team this with a few fat slices of bread and butter??!?!? They've all been thrown out and replaced with lowfat super noodles! (just need to get used to the different taste haha) But I will NEVER go back to those!!!

I used to love the micro noodles too , it was like a lazy treat but the syns are shocking !!!

I had an surprise the other day - I love dolma and I was thinking its free or low in syn , but turned out its not :( I made a mistake and didnt look at syns before i ate ... half a can ( 6-7 dolmas ) 23,5 syns /Vine Leaves stuffed with Rice
I dont understand why are this so expensive ? Next day I got vine leaves from shop and made dolma myself - syn free. Does anyone know , why dolma cost so much in syns ? as only thing that gives zyn in olive oli - but its not like dolma is boiled in oil .

I had an surprise the other day - I love dolma and I was thinking its free or low in syn , but turned out its not :( I made a mistake and didnt look at syns before i ate ... half a can ( 6-7 dolmas ) 23,5 syns /Vine Leaves stuffed with Rice
I dont understand why are this so expensive ? Next day I got vine leaves from shop and made dolma myself - syn free. Does anyone know , why dolma cost so much in syns ? as only thing that gives zyn in olive oli - but its not like dolma is boiled in oil .

Hi Destamia
Not too sure about it without checking out all the ingredients of it - the oil will make it pretty high in syn values, does it have yoghurt in it as well? If it isn't fat free that will make a difference in syn value.

I think because you've managed to make a syn free one on your own speaks volumes and you should start a thread to support others who may not use know this and be in a similar situation - you can use this and use the syns that you're avoiding using by not using it on a treat for yourself instead. To me I would use my syn values on a chocolate fix!

Hope this helps
Lee

Tried my Oreo Cheesecakes - they aren't bad but I think I'm just pants at baking! They are nice with some cocoa powder mixed in but end up being slightly bigger in syn values.

Anyone been pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised with syn values this week?

Lee

Reviving this post...... Anyone got any shock big or small syn values that others might not be aware of?

So i'll start off with a small one...... Marshmellows, fat free can be low in syns, depends which you get and are great in a hot chocolate for a 3/4 syn chocolate treat...

Anyone got any shockers out there?

Lee

Back