Surzy's Food Fiesta!!

Well had a few food disasters this week.
My Women's Institute group did a pot luck supper and had so many beautiful things to try ..... so i did .. pastry galore!!
Then Comic Relief - Charity bake sale .... i'm so weak hahaha

Never mind ... 3 days to redeem myself before weigh in day and try and minimise the damage!!
So lots of lovely healthy homemade soups this weekend - been feeling a little run down so I think that should give me the kickstart i need.

Oh but I did also JOIN A GYM on Thursday ... did all my fitness assessments and didn't come out as bad as i'd thought!! I was 'average' in most categories (apart from weight and fat ratio obv) but my fitness levels are good for a woman my size.

I'm in agony now mind you!! But no pain .... no gain .... hang on ... that's ... never mind

In an attempt to recover myself I am making my favourite food in the world.

Soup.
Specifically - Grandad Soup (please note that there are no actual Grandad's in this soup)

Warning - there is a lot of prepration required to make this soup properly, the way my Grandad did - tho I guarantee the resulting rich beefy and veggieful satisfying broth is totally worth it!!

Ingredients

1 large pan

450g small diced carrot and swede
275g small diced onion
200g small diced celery
175g thin sliced leeks
100g thin sliced savoy cabbage
250g lean beef mince
275g* soup mix (pearled barley, split green and yellow peas and red lentils)*soaked weight
150g tinned sweetcorn
3 beef stock cubes
2 litres boiling water
Worcester Sauce
Salt and Pepper

Brown mince, add onion and sweat down.
Add all other ingredients.
Bring to the boil.
Simmer until the yellow and green split peas are completely soft.

Add Worcester sauce and salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!!

Today's delights

EE day

2 toast (hexb) with a laughing cow extra light and tinned spaghetti
1/3 large pineapple
Caramel jumbo snackajack (2.5 syns)

Grandad soup (see above for recipe) 2 big bowls!

New potato wedges seasoned with garlic pepper and mixed italian herbs with a large dressed salad of mixed leaves and cherry tomatoes balsamic and EL mayo dressing.

plenty of cups of tea with milk from my skimmed milk HEXA - thought i'd gived skimmed a try!

Had a quite frankly minging attempt at a thai red curry for tea last night ... used quark instead of coconut milk.

Today was a green day

Breakfast
2 toast (hexb1) 1 laughing cow light (1.5)
Raspberries and natural yoghurt

Jacket spud with cottage cheese and salsa with a nice chopped salad with peppers and celery.
1 hm cheese muffin (5 syns and hexa)

Options hot choc (2 syns)
slice of hm lemon cake (5 syns)

Cheese and broccoli pasta and sauce with chopped peppers

2 poppadoms (4 syns)

Today EE

Breakfast - mint hifi bar and an orange
lunch - pasta with tomato and chili sauce (hm) plus salad
pot of jelly (.5syn)
ww yogurt
400g fruit salad

2 sm choc biscuits (7 syns)

2 mini dime bar (3 syns)

Tea - chicken, new potatos, sweetcorn, carrots, peas and green beans - sm blob of hm gravy (2 syns)

Bite of hubbies mini battenburg (lets call it 2 syns)

Last edited:
How did u get on at WI lady???

Also...yum battenburg! haven't had that for ages!!

Back