Su's Lipotrim Nightmare aka My Diary 2011

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
I started back on LT today after a planned break for Xmas.. I started my last LT journey on 6 September 2010 weighing 229lbs (16st 5), and i ended 12 weeks later on 29 November 2010 weighing 178lbs (12st 10).. I lost 4lb every single week apart from week 1 (9lbs) and week 12 (2lbs because i stupidly ate the night before my weigh in).

I didn't do a diary 1st time round, but really wish i had so i could remember what times were the hardest, and what i struggled most with..

For anyone who reads this I will tell you a little about who i am (and it might help me later if i get a bit forgetful! lol)... I am a 42 year old married mum of 3... I have tried many diets and ways of losing weight over the years, but have never managed to keep it off... It doesn't help that i am really really lazy and do not do ANY exercise... Now i am that bit older i realise that this weight is not going to go away overnight (although it does come off very fast with LT) and as yet, no one has invented a pill that will make me a size 12 by tomorrow, so i need to get my act together and change my ways, not only for my sake, but for my wonderful (much younger! lol) husband and 3 kids too....

After Xmas Joe (hubby) went up in the loft to put away the tree and decorations, and found 3 great big bags of clothes from years ago.. They were all size 12 or 14 and i will be quite happy to get back to that size, whatever my weight is, as luckily i am quite tall.. I had to give some to the charity shop as i couldn't see myself in leather skirts or mini denim ones ever again!! lol

Today i officially started LT weighing 191lbs (13st 9) so i have put on 13lb, which i cannot say i am surprised about. My plan is to stay on LT as long as i can and lose at least 2st, and go to Weight Watchers (pro points)to lose the last bit, and that way i can learn portion control and healthy eating. I am hoping that doing it this way will help me maintain my losses.... My plan is flexible and may change as i go along, but the only thing i can guarantee is that i will do my very best to make sure i stick to LT to maximise my weight loss to start me off.

Please be warned-As well as keeping a log of my emotional, mental and physical well being, i will also be jotting down notes about how my bowels are coping!! lol

That's more than enough writing for today... I need to catch up on loads of posts as i have only been able to pop on quickly for the last few days... I really hope you are all doing well x x

Great to find out more about you Su and congrats for the massive weight loss last year, inspirational!

Good luck and I look forward to reading more!

Su, the gain was less than a stone so not tooooo bad in the scheme of things cos you did what you wanted to do which was enjoy Xmas!

You'll be back into the swing of 4lbs a week in no time, good luck x

Lovely Su, good luck on ur restart! i restarted 2 weeks (on wed) ago and i must say im more motivated this time around, so i wish u well xxx

Oh my god... Here she goes again...

No wonder youve done over 2000 posts I hope that one is worth more than one lol

Only joking Hun

Good luck on your new journey Hun, and I think you should have kept the mini skirts lol even if they were just for joe in the bedroom

Wishing u all the best xx

good luck su, and what a fab loss last year! xxx

Hi Su
Well done on getting going again. We'll be able to swap notes over the next few weeks!

Hi Su, best of luck, you will do it. I'm back myself after gaining 10lb since december. but as Sandra says at 4lb a week those 13 lbs will be gone from you by 3 weeks.(maybe even 2 weeks) Best of luck with your first weigh-in
Marie xxx

Good luck xx

Thanks for sharing Su.
What a great loss you had over 12 weeks.
Did you ever stray during that time and how many dress sizes did you drop?

Was hoping to try and stick on this plan till end of june but after nearly completing my 1st day, I'm doubtful. No hunger or cravings but I'm finding the shakes not really to my liking. Maybe 12 weeks seems more doable..................not.

Will be keeping a close eye on you as we both started today.

Good luck on your journey.

Yay, glad to have you back Su :) You were a huge inspiration to me during your first round of Lipotrim, and I know you will inspire me to keep going this time around as well. Good luck hun :D xx

Thanks for sharing Su.
What a great loss you had over 12 weeks.
Did you ever stray during that time and how many dress sizes did you drop?

Was hoping to try and stick on this plan till end of june but after nearly completing my 1st day, I'm doubtful. No hunger or cravings but I'm finding the shakes not really to my liking. Maybe 12 weeks seems more doable..................not.

Will be keeping a close eye on you as we both started today.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks Den, and i wish you loads of luck hun... It is bloody hard, but the losses are great, and the people on this forum really do make it easier... I will keep watching out for you and we can spur each other on x x

Try and experiment with the shakes.. I found them rank in the beginning, but i eventually got to the stage where i like the taste (saddo!! lol)... Some people find that thinking of them as medicine helps.. I put crushed ice with mine so it's like a slush puppie (i have a vivid imagination! lol), but others put coffee with vanilla or chocolate, peppermint tea with chocolate shakes... You can have coffee and leaf tea too hun, but no milk or sugar. You can take sweetener too, in tea and coffee and in your shakes if it helps, but only the tablet form, not the spoonable one.

I had issues with my dress sizes.... I literally did not drop sizes for about 2 months, even though i had lost well over 2 stone! I went from a tight size 20 to a more than comfortable 14 in the end... I had a couple of blips along the way but nothing major, but you can do it hun.. Just promise to get through each day, and the time will soon pass, and you really will be able to get to your goal weight by July.. I promise i will do all i can to help you, and so will everyone else on here x x

Hi Su, best of luck, you will do it. I'm back myself after gaining 10lb since december. but as Sandra says at 4lb a week those 13 lbs will be gone from you by 3 weeks.(maybe even 2 weeks) Best of luck with your first weigh-in
Marie xxx

Welcome back Marie... I hope you are doing ok... How are you finding it 2nd time round?? x x

hey hey hey!! yaay you've started a diary :) im excited to be nosy and read all about how you are getting on!! :D .... hope you have a quick and easy trip into ketosis this week and youll be back in the swing of things in no time! I have to say you have been a great motivator for me from day one and i wish you all the best on this journey,, i know you can do it :) we all can!....

also i think diaries are great for posters like us.. i say us because i actually didnt realise until yesterday how much i actually post lol!...

goooddd lluucckk!!!!! :) xxx

Hi Su,
just popping in to see how your day is going. I'm on a high at the moment cause i've found a shake that i love. The chocolate one, it's so delish, will definitely make my journey alot easier. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

Wow, 2 months of not dropping a dress size would freak me out, just goes to show how determined and motivated you were not to of let that discourage you. If it happens to me I know I will get through it too. I see you have a lot of support on here, how nice that is.

Aww Su the 4lb kid :) Delighted to see you back and starting a diary!!! I'm sure you'll have those 13lbs off in a couple of weeks xx How is Joe getting on?

Hi Su,
just popping in to see how your day is going. I'm on a high at the moment cause i've found a shake that i love. The chocolate one, it's so delish, will definitely make my journey alot easier. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

Wow, 2 months of not dropping a dress size would freak me out, just goes to show how determined and motivated you were not to of let that discourage you. If it happens to me I know I will get through it too. I see you have a lot of support on here, how nice that is.

Hiya Den... I am really pleased you have found that you like the chocolate shake.. It really does make a difference when you actually like the ONLY thing that you are taking in! lol... Don't forget to keep an eye on your bowels hun, cos it really can cause great problems!! Have you got other flavours to try or have you tried some others? I only like the strawberry and chocolate, and i add crushed ice.. Have you mixed coffee with your chocolate, or peppermint tea? It doesn't appeal to me but a lot of posters say it's lovely....
The people on here really play a big part in this diet.. I honestly believe that without them on here i would have gone under! It's also amazing how much really personal stuff you tell people on here, as they are complete strangers!! lol
Whereabouts in London are you? I used to live in South London, then Merton, but moved out to Surrey about 17 years ago.
Catch up soon hun... I hope you are coping well x x

Aww Su the 4lb kid :) Delighted to see you back and starting a diary!!! I'm sure you'll have those 13lbs off in a couple of weeks xx How is Joe getting on?

Hiya EMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! You really are doing so well .. I have been [STRIKE]stalking[/STRIKE] following you on the forum, and i love reading diary and it's brilliant to see how you are getting on.. Is WW easy to follow? I really need something like that when i finish... It certainly seems to suit you.... Joe??? I give you 3 guesses.... He done really well.........til Friday!! He got on the scales, saw he had lost 10lbs since Monday, then stuffed his face!! pmsl.... He had to admit i was the stronger one, and it just wasn't the right diet for him!! YES!! Just what i knew all along! pmsl x x

I will be looking for you Wednesday night/Thursday .. You really are brave! I bet it will look lovely x x x

Good luck Su! x

Back