Suse's LT Journey - Part 2

Oh, don't! I am utterly dreading the teenage years with my boys, and they are rapidly approaching with my eldest being 10. I'm hoping though that because they are boys, I may get a bit of an easier ride - although he's almost a 'Kevin' now, and the youngest (7) a complete drama queen, so maybe my hope is in vain! lol

Glad you're through your wobble hun :) Well done! xx

heyhey! thankfully i have no children,,yet! not for at least another 8 years! :D...

You will get through tonight no problem! just keep thinking about those scales going down and you will be fine..!! good luck :) x

Got over the weekend OK and went for my weigh in this morning. Lost 3lbs! Can't believe it. I was good alright, but I still get a thrill out of seeing the scales go down like that! I've officially lost 50lbs - and am half way there (at last) but better late than never. I might end up reviewing my 10 stone target and go for 11 stone and loose the rest by either Low GI or WW - I'll see how I get on. Off to see how you're all doing!

Fantastic! :D and WOW to 50lbs off as well :) Thrilled for you. Well done hun :) xx

youre doing fantastically! 50lbs off is a massive amount!! i cant wait to hit that milestone... and its gone FOREVER!!!! GO YOU! :D...xx

Word of warning - I'm going to mention the dreaded F word (food!).Ok, here's the thing. On Tuesday I had a bit of a food wobbler. I was due TOTM, I'm not using it as an excuse mind, but I just had an overwhelming desire for carbs, well chocolate to be precise - now before Christmas I would have resisted. But I just couldn't I was manic! I also had no chocolate in the house, except Nutella for the kids sandwiches and yes I'm ashamed to say it, I had about 4 teaspoonfuls of it with a cuppa tea, how pathetic is that! TOTM eventually arrived, calm descended and am now on my 2nd day of TFR (yet again). Anyway at least TOTM is gone for this month anyway! Nutella, who would have thought. Any port in a storm I guess. Will have to be even more wary, especially when TOTM is due!

Aww Ssusee, it happens... don't beat yourself up about it! You got straight back on it and that's the main thing! Be proud xx

Ooo Nutella - love it! You'll prob burn the carbs off from 4 teaspoons in no time. Onwards and downwards! :D xx

Hiya, how are you getting on? xx

Hi Paula & All
I haven't been on here for a few days cause I've been undecided about whether to continue on LT. I'm certainly not as motivated as I was between September & December - I don't know why, could be the cost of doing LT in Ireland,€70 & it is a bad time of year with sniffles & chest infections going. A few times I've had to make the choice between bringing my son or daughter to the doctor for an antibiotic (also about €70 for doctors visit & anti biotic) & LT, and of course I have to opt out of LT in that scenario. Financially, January is always a struggle being after Christmas, but by the end of February I usually have the recovery from Christmas sussed and am in a much better financial position, so it's only a matter of hanging on in for another 3 weeks or so. I have enough shakes to do me till Monday. I'll get weighed in then & get more shakes. But I really hope I don't have any financial surprises between then & now to prevent me from keeping going. I still have at least 3 stone to loose. I read Patrick Holfords Low GL book and decided to go on the low GL diet, I had intended doing Low GL when I stopped LT anyway, cause I think it will suit me perfectly. But I've been reading the posts on this forum of other people, who, like me have been on LT for a while & wanted to give up but reading some of the fantastically positive replies to their posts about staying on it, even for another 6 weeks, has given me the incentive to keep going till March.

Ireland sounds a bit like Jersey, ridiculously expensive to live here.......I got a months worth of Exante which was good value even though I think it cost over £20 to get it here! It's worth looking at Suse as the choice is so much better than LT too. Whatever you do don't give up completely cos you're doing so well.

Oh for a lottery win eh:D

Hi Sandra
You're so right even the basics here cost so much! I have thought about Exante and I'm still thinking about it. I've heard only good reports about the choices of flavours & how fast the deliveries are etc. and it is definitely an option I may have no choice but to take, LT I like because of the weigh in deadline in the chemist, with everyone encouraging you to have lost - kind of like the group therepy of WW. Anyhoo I'm still a bit undecided. Must say I have been following low GL on & off and I like the way you're forced to commit to a total lifestyle change, which is definitely what it's all about.

I notice you've done really well at maintaining since coming off LT. And slowly but surely wins the race! I suppose it's frustrating that WW isn't as quick as Lt, but in your heart of hearts you know it's a much more realistic approach for the long term.

The choices on Exante are great, can't remember how long delivery took, a couple of days I think.

Yup, I'm not finding it too hard to maintain and I'm quite happy with how I look in clothes which is probably why I haven't been too upset about the last few lbs.....we're thinking of booking a holiday for about may though, so perhaps that will give me the incentive that I need? Certainly I don't think that I'd look that brilliant in a bikini, not unless Spanx makes them!

Back