Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

I stopped buying the bars - liked them too much, and way too much temptation to have an extra one! :eek:

I only have about 3 a week. Its one of those things that could easily get out of control because they are like having a treat aren't they x

Susie you sound like me! Last time on Exante, I found it too easy and also just got on with it. My variety was also very limited - I lived on Vanilla shakes! This also made me wonder if it set me up for panic when normal life resumed, because if course normal life has variety.

Ha, I'm philosophical :D

You're doing fab, well done dragging yourself back in the wagon. It may not be as easy as before, but I rekon that's because our eyes are open now, and this time it's no trial run it's for real. For keeps :) xx

Definitely for keeps this time Ed. Going to stick to the variety too as I'm sure it will help develop self control when making choices once we are off this diet.x

Hi Susie, glad that migraine is settling imagine it can be a real battle to focus on anything when you have one.

I keep analysing what I am having like you, first time round I stuck to drinks only and remember being really focused. I really enjoy the hot packs but it stops me feeling as withdrawn from food which is the good thing about the diet.

Really hope you can get stuck into it and have a good spell. Might take longer with the odd blip but you can get there!! x

It is nice to have a hot meal in the evening Willow so will keep having my daily shepherds pie :)

Because of the migraines I'm now aiming for 8lb a month as that will still get me to target by holiday time. Any more will be a bonus x

Great mini goal Susie, aiming for 8lb a month. The migraines sound awful :(

Sounds Luke you've got the mindset and as we all know, that's the clincher! Iv just had a chocolate shake, I enjoyed it! I know some people hate the chocolate and compare it with a dirty mop smell but iv never found that!

So far iv tried vanilla, banana, strawberry, chocolate, mushroom soup and veg soup. Liked the mushroom while eating it but could have been sick straight after and hours later lol xx

Its very true, the first time we try a vlcd, there is a certain unknown that we push through, because we don't know :)
You know now what to expect and try to trick yourself that your old ways can somehow be included. Its all lies though. Your first attempt at vlcd is the way to go to succeed, you just have more knowledge now of how to stay there ;)
I didnt have as much variety the first time round on exante, purely because they only did soup, shakes and 2 bar flavours.
I'm loving the variety in the meal packs now :)

You've hit the nail on the head there Marge. That lying to ourselves just leads to constant stopping & starting.

This time I am going to use the variety to my advantage so that they are a tool to achieving more self control over food choices x

Great mini goal Susie, aiming for 8lb a month. The migraines sound awful :(

Sounds Luke you've got the mindset and as we all know, that's the clincher! Iv just had a chocolate shake, I enjoyed it! I know some people hate the chocolate and compare it with a dirty mop smell but iv never found that!

So far iv tried vanilla, banana, strawberry, chocolate, mushroom soup and veg soup. Liked the mushroom while eating it but could have been sick straight after and hours later lol xx

Ha ha, cant say I've ever experienced the dirty mop smell. I like the vanilla & chocolate shakes too. The banana I have to be in the mood for. The Strawberry makes me feel ill. The last time I did Exante they were my favourite so I bought a bumper pack only to find they had changed some how. Ended up selling them thank goodness cos that would have been an expensive mistake.
I like the porridge too as long as its watered down cos its so sweet. My favourite is the shepherds pie though, closest thing to a real meal for me.

It definitly is the mindset Ed. Today I really feel in the zone & feeling comfortable with no bloatedness. Then I wonder why I was struggling so much last week, but each day is different isn't it x

I love the meals, I'm so glad they do them now. I have a meal, a hot shake and a bar every day, the meal at 6 pm'ish and then the shake and bar at around 8:15 - I'm definitely an evening eater, really doesn't bother me not eating during the day.

I hated the strawberry shake when I tried them last time, they were my least favourite pack, I did used to like the soups but I've not had any this time, much prefer the meals.

I love the meals, I'm so glad they do them now. I have a meal, a hot shake and a bar every day, the meal at 6 pm'ish and then the shake and bar at around 8:15 - I'm definitely an evening eater, really doesn't bother me not eating during the day.

I hated the strawberry shake when I tried them last time, they were my least favourite pack, I did used to like the soups but I've not had any this time, much prefer the meals.

No I haven't tried the soups either. They tend to be on the thick side but I only like watery soups so thought I'd give them a miss.

Not sure how it works though cos when I had nothing but the soup on LL loved them. The next time I tried the same soup they made me fell sick. Odd really x

Morning all

2nd day of TS completed & must say it hasn't been as tough as I was expecting.

Had 2 shakes yesterday instead of the one a day I usually have & felt quite full after them. Had the porridge for supper. Decided to add more water to all of the packs & now much prefer them that way.

I seem to have lost my momentum with the steps challenge at the moment. Not feeling that energetic for some reason. Think its the sustained Grey looking skies. Roll on spring:character00238:

Contemplating doing some before & after photo's but the jury's out on that one. I think I will get my daughter to do some & keep them till I lose a bit more weight then put them on. I've always been camera shy so its a big step for me but suppose I should really be able to stare reality in the face. Decisions, decisions.

Have a good day everyone xx

Hi Susie. Sounds like you're doing great! Stick at it! I''m back again and trying to get back on course again. I haven't been recording my steps but have been wearing my pedometer so will put them on later. Take some photos - even for yourself! There is no point in me updating mine because they'll look the same as they were before! Hopefully March will be my month. Can't wait for Spring to start! We'll all find it easier once the days become longer, warmer and sunnier!

Am glad TS is going well for you, with the challenge I'm not trying to do 10,000 steps but am using it to log the reality of the steps that I do, whether there are a lot or only a few.

I'm with you on the photos, not sure I fancy posting any at the moment - I've not had any taken before I started apart from usual ones, no full/side body shots so if I do post any they'll just be normal pics.

Hi Susie. Sounds like you're doing great! Stick at it! I''m back again and trying to get back on course again. I haven't been recording my steps but have been wearing my pedometer so will put them on later. Take some photos - even for yourself! There is no point in me updating mine because they'll look the same as they were before! Hopefully March will be my month. Can't wait for Spring to start! We'll all find it easier once the days become longer, warmer and sunnier!

Happy to see you back Lynne. Stay positive & you can make March your month :) then we will be into spring.

You know when I started this diet I thought that it would be easier to do during the winter months. Don't think that was right now because the weather has been so miserable & has definitely affected my optimism at times.

Been trying to do a selfie with my phone but not had much success LOL. Will get my daughter to do some when she gets up !!
It will be interesting to see if what I see in the mirror is actually what I look like in reality. :eek:. x

Am glad TS is going well for you, with the challenge I'm not trying to do 10,000 steps but am using it to log the reality of the steps that I do, whether there are a lot or only a few.

I'm with you on the photos, not sure I fancy posting any at the moment - I've not had any taken before I started apart from usual ones, no full/side body shots so if I do post any they'll just be normal pics.

I will do some & put them on at some point. Just not sure when.

Katie you did extremely well with your steps yesterday. I suppose the trick is to get out & about like you did. Just not got that oomph at the moment. It will come back though. :rolleyes: x x

I will do some & put them on at some point. Just not sure when.

Katie you did extremely well with your steps yesterday. I suppose the trick is to get out & about like you did. Just not got that oomph at the moment. It will come back though. :rolleyes: x x

I don't normally have that oomph Susie, it's a few and far between thing, my steps are generally much lower especially at weekends xx

Morning all 2nd day of TS completed & must say it hasn't been as tough as I was expecting. Had 2 shakes yesterday instead of the one a day I usually have & felt quite full after them. Had the porridge for supper. Decided to add more water to all of the packs & now much prefer them that way. I seem to have lost my momentum with the steps challenge at the moment. Not feeling that energetic for some reason. Think its the sustained Grey looking skies. Roll on spring:character00238: Contemplating doing some before & after photo's but the jury's out on that one. I think I will get my daughter to do some & keep them till I lose a bit more weight then put them on. I've always been camera shy so its a big step for me but suppose I should really be able to stare reality in the face. Decisions, decisions. Have a good day everyone xx
Good on ya Susie :) Getting back on the horse is hard but the more you ride it the more competant and confident you get I reckon! I know what you mean about being camera shy - I will have to ask my family for pics they have sneaked of me if the time comes where I want to show off my results!! All others have been deleted :(

Good on ya Susie :) Getting back on the horse is hard but the more you ride it the more competant and confident you get I reckon! I know what you mean about being camera shy - I will have to ask my family for pics they have sneaked of me if the time comes where I want to show off my results!! All others have been deleted :(

So much for that then. My daughter has just got up & gone straight out. So no photo's today. I think its going to be a case of the moment passing now & forever. Oh well. x

Look at you, back on that wagon and smashing it! Keep it up :D

Oooo can't wait for photos :)

I love taking photos to view progress, and it was amazing to see the change last year as I took one for every stone gone!

Glad to see you back on track well done you xx

Day 3 TS done

I banana shake
i shepperds pie
I porridge

Also signed up to My Fitness Pal. Will make it easier to avoid bad choices when doing WS. So much information on there.

Off to bed now

Goodnight all xx

Back