Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hope the dreaded RA's are now all done and dusted and that you've had a good day Susie xx

I have been looking at the tread mills. I don't want a big one, just one that will fold up & that I can put away easily but that is also sturdy. Has anyone got one like this. xx

Have you found a good one? I often think about it but they look like a good one would be really expensive...

I've not had a treadmill but I do have an exercise bike. I bought it with best intentions and lasted about 6 weeks, it's currently being used to dry towels... I also bought a Kinect but my OH uses that more than me. That is because the room it is in has no curtains, and I don't really want my neighbours seeing me jiggle around with the lights on when it's dark out :giggle:

Mini pancakes. Got a bit over done cos they were thinner than the big one but still taste nice xxx

1376409_10152278601459728_256400438_n.jpg

Hope the dreaded RA's are now all done and dusted and that you've had a good day Susie xx

Hope you got your assessments done!

Pancakes look good :D

Yes all finished thanks. They are so long winded but now that they are finished the next time they need to be reviewed will be so much easier. ( as long as they don't changed all the paper work again!!)

Darcy they were nice but came out more like a chapati.:rolleyes:LOL x

Have you found a good one? I often think about it but they look like a good one would be really expensive...

I've not had a treadmill but I do have an exercise bike. I bought it with best intentions and lasted about 6 weeks, it's currently being used to dry towels... I also bought a Kinect but my OH uses that more than me. That is because the room it is in has no curtains, and I don't really want my neighbours seeing me jiggle around with the lights on when it's dark out :giggle:

That's what I'm worried about Smidge. Don't want to buy one & find that's its rubbish. The good ones are very expensive but also quite large. I was hoping someone might know of a good one that's not too expensive & smaller than the normal ones.

Well that's a novel use for your bike LOL. I never use the bike cos it makes my back ache. I have got a mini one though so do pop on it now & then. My favourite is my mini stepper, so easy just to step on it through out the day.

Hi Susie, glad to see you're doing well xx

Not a fan of pancakes, but you've spurred me on to attempt the muffins again!

Thanks Giggle, I'm very pleased to see you are back xx

Hi Susie, have you considered a cross trainer? I had one a while ago and found it fab had to get rid of it as my family expanded but would def recommend. It works the arms and legs but is easy on the joints as your not running or stomping. The one I had wasn't that compact but I think there are some reasonable ones out there.

Your mini pancakes look yum, were they with vanilla or banana mix?

I would comment on the bike / cross trainer convo but I have little knowledge on either tbh! What I can suggest however is googlong Freegle / Freecycle as I know on my local ones there are people on a semi regular basis giving away both crosstrainers and bikes aswell as other equipment. They are fad items for a lot of people..... you can also post wanted ads too :) Maybe worth a go and save you some ££ or use it as a trial, and if you don't like it then try something else! lol

Morning Susie, you're doing fab. Your mini pancakes look so light and perfect! Not heavy and stodgy as the usual ones look.

I had a treadmill but sold it and regretted it!

Have another great day :) xx

Hi Susie, have you considered a cross trainer? I had one a while ago and found it fab had to get rid of it as my family expanded but would def recommend. It works the arms and legs but is easy on the joints as your not running or stomping. The one I had wasn't that compact but I think there are some reasonable ones out there.

Hi willow, I have a cross trainer out in the garage. I'm looking for something that I can leave put up in the lounge & pop on & off it while watching TV. Then fold it up & put it away. A treadmill will go well with my mini stepper x

Your mini pancakes look yum, were they with vanilla or banana mix?

I would comment on the bike / cross trainer convo but I have little knowledge on either tbh! What I can suggest however is googlong Freegle / Freecycle as I know on my local ones there are people on a semi regular basis giving away both crosstrainers and bikes aswell as other equipment. They are fad items for a lot of people..... you can also post wanted ads too :) Maybe worth a go and save you some ££ or use it as a trial, and if you don't like it then try something else! lol

Thanks Sarah

They were banana & very nice. They actually tasted nicer with the burnt bit in the middle, sort of caramelised LOL.

I tried that site but nothing suitable on there :sigh:. I just don't want to spend money & then find its not suitable or sturdy enough xx

Morning Susie, you're doing fab. Your mini pancakes look so light and perfect! Not heavy and stodgy as the usual ones look.

I had a treadmill but sold it and regretted it!

Have another great day :) xx

Hi Ed , The pancakes were very nice. Got lots of banana shakes to get through so will be making them for qute a while yet.

Was your treadmill a fold up one or a static one. Cant find a fold up one with many good reviews & don't want to waste my money xx

Hi everyone,

Day 12 back on TS & weighed in today. I have lost 3lb , I can live with that. :).

3 more lb & I will have reached the 2 stone off mark & that will be another goal down :D

Next week I will weigh in on Friday because on the Saturday we have a meal out planned with friends. Going to Umberto's & there is plenty of meat options so should be ok. The week after I am out again on the Friday so will keep that day as weigh in. Then I will go back to Sunday weigh-ins I think.

Its a lovely day here so just waiting to drop my daughter off at the station ( half an hour waiting is turning out to be an hour so far & she still isn't ready lol )
Then I will take the dog over the park.

Having an annual leave day & meeting my friend for lunch. Will just take a bar with me & have a black coffee. She will try & persuade me to have a muffin cos she will want one but I will not be swayed ;)

Hope everyone's having a good day xx

Last edited:
Sounds like a good day to me Susie :) Well done on your weight loss - thats fab and its nice when you are close to a goal :)

With regards to Freegle, the stuff on there changes all the time and posting a wanted ad sometimes works - you find people read them and remember the one they have stuck in the loft doing nowt..... Worth a try anyhow :)

Excellent loss susie and well done for day 12 TS.
You are doing great and im sure you will continue to do well between your planned days off too xx

Brilliant loss Susie well done :D Be great if you can hit the 2 stone next week, the way you're going I think there's a good chance! xx

Great loss Susie. Hope u get a treadmill :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Thanks everyone.

2 stone mark by next week would be brilliant Katie :).

Managed to survive lunch without any hiccups apart from my friend wanting to eat my choc orange bar!!

Just had a nice hot shower & now all Bio-oiled up. I hope my kids get me some more for mothers day cos I'm near the end of the bottle. I cant see that its making any difference to be honest but will keep using it in the hope that it will perform a miracle :rolleyes:.

Just tried on a uniform the next size down & its a tad big, not sure how that happened but I'm not complaining. I also tried one 2 sizes smaller & I don't think it will be long before that fits as well. I am on annual leave the week after next so I think I will still wear my old uniform & go straight into the one 2 sizes down when I go back after my week off. That way if someone asks if I am wearing a smaller size I can say its 2 sizes smaller :D . How good would that be xx

Back