Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

How's it going Susie? Hope u have a good day :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Morning Susie how are you? Hope the dog kept of your crocuses :)

Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday but I have been unwell.

Ended up in A&E for a visit as I was becoming more & more short of breath & spiking a temperature. Turns out I have a lower respiratory infection. Had to be put on a nebuliser because my oxygen levels had dropped & am now on a combination of anti-biotics. I hate being ill. Such a downer for everyone :(.

Fed up because I am having to eat while on the medication & until the infection goes. Also fed up with the hot & cold flushes I am getting. Nurses make awful patients you know LOL x

My daughter has just gone shopping a got some salmon & chicken. Also some clear soups. Will try to avoid carbs but I'm so worried now that I am going to fall off track completely. :sign0009:

Bloomin suns disappeared as well !!.

Have a good day everyone & hope the sun is still shining where ever you are xxx

Oh dear Susie that's not good, try not to worry about the diet too much as you need to focus on recovery, up your calories and if you feel ok on it keep the carbs low. Really hope those anti-biotics kick in quickly for you so you can stay on track. x

Oh no Susie take care of yourself! That happened to me a coupla years ago after a cold and I ended up in hospital with bronchitis having a nebuliser every four hours - I also found out at the same time that I am asthmatic! Finding that out age 35 is most odd - kinda expect to know your body by then!

Take it easy lady and rest up best you can xx

You wont fall off track completely Susie. :)
That's not what you want.
You want to lose weight.
You want to look good in the pictures for you daughters graduation ;)
You will lose weight :)
Because you want to lose weight :)
Even if you do WS when you come back, you will still be back ;)
Look after yourself now, so you feel well enough to come back as soon as your ready :)

Awww hope you get better soon Susie. Think lots if us are victim to infections of some sort these days. We're all falling like dominoes. We might be down but we are most definitely not out! Take care of yourself first and foremost :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Susie that's awful, really hope you're soon feeling better xx Take the meds and don't let the diet worry you, just eat what you need to, you've done so well up to now that I'm sure you'll make the best choices.

Take care xxxx

It's overlooking the Beacon Golf course, between Dalton and Upholland! X

There's a couple of dodgy car parks up there, I'm always careful when taking the dog out that way.

Thanks everyone. Thanks for your supportive words :)

Didn't do too bad yesterday diet wise. Had some fruit & adding milk to my cup of tea but apart from that managing low carb food. Getting bored just sitting here though & that's the worse for food thoughts but luckily not got much of an appetite at the moment so that's a kind of good thing

Step count was a measly 2004 yesterday but better than nothing. I think I am now going to weigh monthly again this month so that I have a chance to catch up a bit with ketosis by then.

Have a good day everyone x

Oh no Susie take care of yourself! That happened to me a coupla years ago after a cold and I ended up in hospital with bronchitis having a nebuliser every four hours - I also found out at the same time that I am asthmatic! Finding that out age 35 is most odd - kinda expect to know your body by then!

Take it easy lady and rest up best you can xx

I have asthma too Sarah & funnily enough I only started to get symptoms when I was pregnant at the age of 29 so it can happen any time. Its a nuisance though cos any cold always goes straight to my chest. Never like this though, this is a 1st & don't want it to happen ever again !! xx

Oh dear Susie that's not good, try not to worry about the diet too much as you need to focus on recovery, up your calories and if you feel ok on it keep the carbs low. Really hope those anti-biotics kick in quickly for you so you can stay on track. x

Thanks Willow. I'm trying too keep the carbs as low as possible. Adding fruit & milk so hopefully won't cause too much damage xx

You wont fall off track completely Susie. :)
That's not what you want.
You want to lose weight.
You want to look good in the pictures for you daughters graduation ;)
You will lose weight :)
Because you want to lose weight :)
Even if you do WS when you come back, you will still be back ;)
Look after yourself now, so you feel well enough to come back as soon as your ready :)

Thanks Marge. I will definitely do TS once I get over this. Just going with damage limitation in the meantime & hoping the anti-biotics do their work sooner rather than later. Don't like sounding like a clapped out puffer train ;).

Your right, my daughters graduation far out weighs anything else in regards to future celebrations. Her finals are this month & tense is putting it lightly. I am getting so nervous for her. I am so proud of her, she will be the first doctor in the family. Only thing is she will then outrank me !!

Awww hope you get better soon Susie. Think lots if us are victim to infections of some sort these days. We're all falling like dominoes. We might be down but we are most definitely not out! Take care of yourself first and foremost :) x

Too true TH. Sick people every where :sigh:.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today xx

Susie that's awful, really hope you're soon feeling better xx Take the meds and don't let the diet worry you, just eat what you need to, you've done so well up to now that I'm sure you'll make the best choices.

Take care xxxx

Trying to make god choices Katie. Not too bad so far diet wise. Boredom is now setting in though so need to banish any food thoughts once they start to rear their head. x

There is somewhere just near me like that to walk and its nice -just gotta be careful if you head there in the evening as I am told it fills up with couples in cars flashing their lights!! lol

Ha! That reminds me... When I first moved here from Scotland, my daughter and I used to go for a long drive. We'd end up in a scenic car park. We'd go for a picnic and all sorts. Turns out, it was a hotspot for doggers. I only discovered this fact after about 5 years of going there! Nothing untoward happened when we were there. There were some strange looking folks in cars. They must've thought we were equally strange!

We do laugh about our stupidity :) x

Ha ha. No dogging where I go cos cars can't get on there. Only nature at its finest LOL xx

I have asthma too Sarah & funnily enough I only started to get symptoms when I was pregnant at the age of 29 so it can happen any time. Its a nuisance though cos any cold always goes straight to my chest. Never like this though, this is a 1st & don't want it to happen ever again !! xx

Oh noooo I was like that for years where it always went on my chest but I always put it down to smoking (although I gave up several years ago now) and then they told me that and it made me wonder when it did start for me..... My mum became asthmatic when she was pregnant too you see..... Eitherway take it easy as I know I ended up being ill for months when I was bad with bronchitis and they kept putting me on steroids which made my face go moon shaped and red all the time :( Be careful hun x

[/QUOTE]monkeys;7141199]Oh noooo I was like that for years where it always went on my chest but I always put it down to smoking (although I gave up several years ago now) and then they told me that and it made me wonder when it did start for me..... My mum became asthmatic when she was pregnant too you see..... Eitherway take it easy as I know I ended up being ill for months when I was bad with bronchitis and they kept putting me on steroids which made my face go moon shaped and red all the time :( Be careful hun x[/QUOTE]

I take a steroid inhaler daily but luckily its a very weak dose so doesn't have the same side effects as tablets.

Chest problems are the pits though aren't they.
I feel like sticking a long tube down there & giving my lungs a good old raking at the moment. :yuk:LOL xx

monkeys;7141199]Oh noooo I was like that for years where it always went on my chest but I always put it down to smoking (although I gave up several years ago now) and then they told me that and it made me wonder when it did start for me..... My mum became asthmatic when she was pregnant too you see..... Eitherway take it easy as I know I ended up being ill for months when I was bad with bronchitis and they kept putting me on steroids which made my face go moon shaped and red all the time :( Be careful hun x[/QUOTE]

Eeeewww thats a vision I didn't need! lol Likewise I have Symbicort which is not a powerful one, it was just the prednisalone that sent me that way, but then when I was at my worst I was quite a high dose and had to take them for 2 weeks solid! Its only generally 4/5 days or a week :(

Hey ho, I keep my fingers crossed for you chick that you improve quickly as its awful not being able to breathe! People take it for granted! :hug:

I take a steroid inhaler daily but luckily its a very weak dose so doesn't have the same side effects as tablets.

Chest problems are the pits though aren't they.
I feel like sticking a long tube down there & giving my lungs a good old raking at the moment. :yuk:LOL xx[/QUOTE]

Hope you are feeling better today susie x

Back