Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hope your car gets sorted and you are doing great getting those miles in!! X

Hope you're having a good day Susie - how's the foot? xx

How is your day?

Thanks ladies. Good day today. Managed 10 miles & have found my energy from somewhere so that's good.

My son took the car around to the body shop & the bloke pushed the plastic thingy that was hanging down from the bumper back into place. Did it free of charge which was very nice of him & its no longer scraping the floor when I go over a bump!
He thinks it needs a couple of extra clips & screws attached though but he was fully booked today so will take it back some time next week.
Glad its sorted though cos need it tomorrow for work. Will have to see if it loosens again after going up & down a few slopes in the driveways which seems to be the problem cos the front bumper is very low.

Last two days with my student so have some assessments to sort out for her & a ton of paperwork that needs to be completed. Good thing I enjoy spending time with the trainees. They keep my brain ticking over with some of the questions they throw at me :eek:.

Means I will be home late tomorrow & Friday but must do my exercises once I get in or else I'm likely to be skiving off for a while. Only 27 days till holiday so no room for complacency.x

Day 35/70 Miles done 10 (35 days to holiday)
Day 36/70 Miles done 10 (34 days to holiday)
Day 37/70 Miles done 8 (33 days to holiday)
Day 38/70 Miles done 5 (32 days to holiday)
Day 39/70 Miles done 10 (31 days to holiday)
Day 40/70 Miles done 10 (30 days to holiday)
Day 41/70 Miles done 7 (29 days to holiday)
Day 43/70 Miles done 10 (27 days till holiday) lost a day somewhere
:rolleyes:

Hope you're having a good day Susie - how's the foot? xx

Ok till I walk on it!!. Getting on my nerves :mad:. Worried now in case its arthritis like my mum had x

Ok till I walk on it!!. Getting on my nerves :mad:. Worried now in case its arthritis like my mum had x
Is there a blood test for arthritis? If so it may be worth having so that it's being treated properly x

27 days will be here in no time, keep going the way you are - you're doing fabuloso ;) xx

Yes there is but don't really want to have an official diagnosis of that yet. Will just mean long term drugs which I would not even think of taking yet. Too many side effects ? x

Ahh right, I just thought if it was that and you got the right drugs then it would ease it for you, didn't think about side effects etc xx

Been off here for a few days as its been a bit busy. Not managed a lot of miles over the last few days but off work now for a week so will be doing lots of biking & orbitrekking to keep myself occupied.

Had a bit of a set back on Friday when my student brought in some fairy cakes for her last day with me but only had 2 & a slice of Jalapeno bread when I got home. (looked nicer than it tasted :( but suppose that was a good thing cos I didn't want any more).
Keep thinking that on holiday I am going to be very controlled with the food I eat & then after a day like Friday end up realizing that that's not likely to happen :hmm:. Trying to think when it was that I started to become so preoccupied with rubbish food but I can't remember. Its not boredom cos I seem to be tempted by food more when I am busy. After all this time I still can't identify what the trigger is for wanting to eat stuff I know I should avoid. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Only 23 days till holiday so not long to go!. Not sure what the weather is like in Sardinia at the end of September. Don't like it too hot so hoping it will be a bit cooler by then.

Day 35/70 Miles done 10 (35 days to holiday)
Day 36/70 Miles done 10 (34 days to holiday)
Day 37/70 Miles done 8 (33 days to holiday)Day 38/70 Miles done 5 (32 days to holiday)
Day 39/70 Miles done 10 (31 days to holiday)
Day 40/70 Miles done 10 (30 days to holiday)
Day 41/70 Miles done 7 (29 days to holiday)
Day 43/70 Miles done 10 (27 days till holiday) lost a day somewhere
:rolleyes:
Day 44/70 Miles done 2.5 (26 days till holiday)
Day 45/70 Miles done 3 (25 days till holiday)
Day 46/70 Miles done 5 (24 days till holiday)
Day 47/70 Miles done 4 (23 days till holiday)

Been off here for a few days as its been a bit busy. Not managed a lot of miles over the last few days but off work now for a week so will be doing lots of biking & orbitrekking to keep myself occupied.

Had a bit of a set back on Friday when my student brought in some fairy cakes for her last day with me but only had 2 & a slice of Jalapeno bread when I got home. (looked nicer than it tasted :( but suppose that was a good thing cos I didn't want any more).
Keep thinking that on holiday I am going to be very controlled with the food I eat & then after a day like Friday end up realizing that that's not likely to happen :hmm:. Trying to think when it was that I started to become so preoccupied with rubbish food but I can't remember. Its not boredom cos I seem to be tempted by food more when I am busy. After all this time I still can't identify what the trigger is for wanting to eat stuff I know I should avoid. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Only 23 days till holiday so not long to go!. Not sure what the weather is like in Sardinia at the end of September. Don't like it too hot so hoping it will be a bit cooler by then.

Hi Susie.
You're exercising is very inspirational. That's something I don't do and damn well should. I'm having a load of trouble with my knee (suspect its arthritis) - but it shouldn't stop me from at least having a walk!

I too have had a naughty few days (weekend) but tried to avoid carbs. I'm getting really worried about my holiday, but then keep sabotaging my chances of reaching my goal! Why do we do these things? I think we should promise ourselves to be good at least til the end of the week :)!!

I know what you mean about being preoccupied with rubbish food. Food pops into my head all the time; When I'm bored, busy, happy, sad...... I've decided I'm a food addict, lol.

Good luck for the rest of the week xxxx

Hiya Susie. I'm with you and Allie on this, got no answers or a solution though. I do wonder if it's hormonal? xx

Hiya Susie. I'm with you and Allie on this, got no answers or a solution though. I do wonder if it's hormonal?

I honestly believe that people who struggle with their weight are just pre-programmed with this terrible urge to munch.

I was fat from being a baby. My sister was always thin. We were both breast fed; both given the same meals and are from the same parents. My sister has never finished a meal, and has never been particularly bothered about food. But I have always eaten everything on my plate and immediately started looking for what's next, lol!

If only someone could re-program me to have the same attitude to food as my sis I'd be thin in no time.

I think we will always have these slip ups. I guess we just need to be aware of them and try really hard the next day? Easier said than done tho
xxxxx

Its a tough one. I never use to be like this. That's why I'm puzzled, just seems to have happened somewhere in my adult life. Oh well will have to try harder to be good x

Its a tough one. I never use to be like this. That's why I'm puzzled, just seems to have happened somewhere in my adult life. Oh well will have to try harder to be good x

Yes Susie, I guess we just need to fight them cravings (wherever the ******* come from, lol) xxxxxx

Yes Susie, I guess we just need to fight them cravings (wherever the ******* come from, lol) xxxxxx

I guess I used a naughty word there as it has been replaced by a row of stars........ (Oops)

Hope ur enjoying your holiday from work. Don't be going mental on the bike mind! X

Managed 5 miles TH. Then hubby came home early & he has the dreaded man flu!!. If he carries on much longer the way he is I'm sticking him in the cupboard with a blanket over his head :sign0151:. Wonder how many calories I can burn by bug dodging x

Back