Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hey Susie,
A cookie is nothing in the grand scheme of things; you did so well getting back on track, so don't be too hard on yourself. When I usually cave, I find it so difficult to get back on the diet the next day.

You're doing superbly Susie. The willpower of stopping at one biccy and keeping going is what you need to succeed and you have it! :clap:

Day 19/83 & only 1 lb down this week. I'm blaming it on that biscuit lol. Oh well will have to keep trudging along.

One more week and my sister and little nephew will be home from Australia for Xmas. Having children around at this time of year really does put a different perspective on everything.

I have ordered a belt so that I have something where I can actually see my size reduce. Hoping it will help me be good over the Xmas period too x

What age is your nephew? Have fun with your sister. And a pound off is infinitely better than a pound on, so well done. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Mere. My nephew is 3 and speaks with a really cute NW Australian accent. My. Sister is doing her best to get him speak with a cockney accent but its not working lol x

Well done on your loss! Grab a bag of sugar and it will change your perspective :) I am sure you'll be rewarded next week by an even bigger loss.

It must be so exciting to soon be reunited with you sister and nephew. Are you putting your tree up this week in preparation?

Thanks sleek, you are right about the loss, Its just that I am now below the average weekly loss that I needed to get to holiday weight target. I suppose the best way to look at it is that at least I will be significantly smaller than I am now as long as I stay on track.

We don't put our decorations up until 2 weeks before Xmas. Just looking around to see what ornaments & the like need to be moved out of the reach of curious little hands :eek: x

When is your holiday, Susie? I remember when I started Exante and wanted to lose 3 stones by September; I didn't make it, but I lost 2.5st and even though I didn't make it, I was so pleased I had stuck at it and lost the most weight I could have in that time frame.

Hehe, that is really exciting. I am sure your nephew will enjoy the festivities and getting involved! xx

I don't like my tree up too early either as I think when it goes up Christmas is almost here. x

2 weeks before for me for the tree going up too.
Before the manfriend came along I wouldn't even bother if I was working. I didn't see the point. But I quite like it now :)
He does it all too :D
I'm rubbish at it. But he loves putting the tree up. He does a grand job :D

When is your holiday, Susie? I remember when I started Exante and wanted to lose 3 stones by September; I didn't make it, but I lost 2.5st and even though I didn't make it, I was so pleased I had stuck at it and lost the most weight I could have in that time frame.

Hehe, that is really exciting. I am sure your nephew will enjoy the festivities and getting involved! xx

Holiday is in 9 weeks time so would be nice to get a couple of stone off by then. Its hard to estimate with Xmas & the socializing that comes with it though x

I don't like my tree up too early either as I think when it goes up Christmas is almost here. x

2 weeks before for me for the tree going up too.
Before the manfriend came along I wouldn't even bother if I was working. I didn't see the point. But I quite like it now :)
He does it all too :D
I'm rubbish at it. But he loves putting the tree up. He does a grand job :D

Yes I think if they go up too soon it takes away the specialness of it all.

I usually dress the tree & hubby takes them down.

I've been trying to find something to hang on the tree for my nephew that isn't sweets.
Haven't seen anything yet x

End of day 19/83 & a good diet day. Tried the tomato soup crisps & the are quite nice. The tomato & the vegetable soup crisps will make a change to the milk shake pancakes. Something sweet or savoury depending on what I fancy.

Early shift tomorrow then have a couple of days annual leave. We have been told that we can no longer carry any annual leave over so we are all trying to fit them in rather than losing any.

The dog has had a trim today & for once I didn't get soaked bathing her. Must say she looks very pretty :D.

Will try to go to bed before midnight but not feeling tired at all. Sleep well everyone xx

Exercise planned this week :

Monday - Cardio Kettleworks
Tuesday - Walk 5 miles
Wednesday - Zumba
Thursday - 20 minutes Kettleworks core
Saturday - Zumba

WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK -1LB (Total loss since restart 10lb)

You can buy little books, usually in sets but wrapped up in Christmas paper or if your tree has a colour theme foil paper to match the theme would look festive and be something special for your nephew. I should have added wrapping each little book separately then he could open one a day for the few days leading up to Christmas. Just an idea. x

I don't think your firm can stop you carrying holidays over if they can't give everyone the time they are entitled to. There is a law about how much leave you get connected to how much work you do. If you can't get your leave then I would speak to your Union. Sometimes even suggesting to management that you will go to the union is enough for them to accommodate you. Good luck. x

Thats a good idea Mere. I have got some wooden toys today that will be ok for the tree.

Regarding work, you would be amazed at what the NHS managers get away with. They have just introduced yet another consultation where 25 % of staff will have their jobs restructured and some having to re apply for their own jobs. They will all be having a reduction of wages after a short period of wage protection. 25% is a lot of people and even more restructuring is due beginning of next year. Staffs working days have just been lengthened too after a previous consultation. Cant wait till I retire x

Day 20/83 and going well so far. Had a hot x bun bar for lunch and just about to have a Shepherds Pie for supper. Had 3L fluid and my tummy is gurgling like a goodun.

Have to get to my dads early tomorrow for yet another appt. No doubt he will cook for me but I will stat strong and resist x

I have to say I am glad I have retired. x

You are doing really well Susie! What do you think of the hot cross bars? I'm not that fond of them, nor the lemon bars. I wish they had nicer tasting bars. I do like the Shepherd's Pie, though.

I think they do knitted toys for the tree xx

I like the hot x bun bar but have to slice it up & eat it slowly as its very filling. I have all of my other bars from Slim & Save as they taste nicer especially the choc orange one x

Back