• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Susie's 2020 action plan

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st8lb C: 24st3lb G: 20st0lb BMI: 60 Loss: 0st5lb(1.45%)
@snowbryneich I got mine from eBay - £22 for 20 packets from a seller called superfooduk - they just arrived tonight.

Phew just home from an 11 hour stretch, and it will probably be the same tomorrow and Friday, plus working at home on the weekend. I'm sure I love being indispensable but my boss was laughing smpathetically today at the fact that I had seven projects, all top priority - so I told her to pick the #1 most urgent and I'd go from there :classic_roll_eyes: .

I was starving by 11am, ate my lunch (cold urgh), then made some not great and some truly awful food choices (Kit Kat Im looking at you!), plus I've been eating loads of pasta the last few days (the usual variety, not the skinny sort), so TBH I'm not holding out hope for much of a loss next Monday - if at all. But we shall see, it's never that predictable with weight loss eh?

Once I got home I had to pop into the neighbours to pick up the skinny pasta, and they were in their PJs oops - but she's so lovely, she still insisted on giving me a tour of their house. They've got the same K&B extension as I want to do, so it was great to see what a good size it will make the new house. Such a sweetheart - she kept giving me little hugs lol.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

ladyfelsham

Morning all - had a very pleasant scale surprise this morning, down another 4lbs, and I've got a light day today, so hopefully I've managed to counteract the Kit Kat and flapjack that accidentally fell in my mouth yesterday!

B - eggs, spinach, ham and 20g cheese, coffee
L - skinny penne, spinach, chopped toms and roasted red peppers
D - not sure but got over 600 cals so might do skinny pasta and veg in a casserole if I get home in time.

Got to fly, catch up later xxx

ladyfelsham

Bit of a disaster afternoon - we're just so busy, and I decided that was my excuse to eat loads of rubbish - namely, a yogurt flapjack, a Frys raspberry bar, a small pack of low cal pea crisp things, and a Go Ahead yogurt break (both slices!).

I only had half my lunch, with the rest for tomorrow, and so I've logged it, warts and all - the whole day comes to 1387 so cal wise it's not the end of the world - but I really need to stop reaching for rubbish when I feel overworked or whatever. Or probably it's just simply greed, because I don't have any chocolate, cakes or biscuits at home?

However, I've had a lovely dinner that took 20 seconds to assemble - skinny pasta, spinach, ham and cheese zapped in the microwave, and with a little low cal mayo on top - a sort of cheat's carbonara. I felt full halfway through but of course I kept going. Must book the next counselling appointment!

ladyfelsham

Morning all - as predicted after yesterday's blowout, I'm 2lbs loss this week now, not 4lbs - but I'm prepared for the evil sweet treat attack today, got celery and cream cheese, plus choc shot to suck on (nice image lol).

B - two rye cakes with ham and cheese, coffee
L - yesterday's skinny pasta and tom concoction
D - not sure yet - maybe fish and salad (once Mr Asda has delivered)
S - celery and soft cheese

Total 693, so might have a glass of wine or some chocolate. Oh BTW Asda has got a sale on Halo ice creams, the 3 pack ones are down to £2.

TracyGWill

Gold Member
S: 21st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 11st7lb(53.49%)
Tracy hello! :worthy: How's everything with you, love? I'm in the NE now, in a coastal town called Seaham. Moved up about seven months ago and really love it, very glad to be out of London.

SWI this morning shows I'm sitting on a 7lb loss, let's hope it's the same tomorrow for OWI. Got the New You food on Friday but OMG they are mostly pretty vile - the cinnamon porridge was horrible, I had one mouthful and threw the rest out!

This is the second time I've tried VLCD sachets and the first lot (Slim and Save) were the same, so I think it's safe to say they aren't for me. I know I felt much more satisfied making my own healthy low cal meals - lots of leafy greens with a bit of protein, and I can make healthy very low cal soups without any ghastly additives - and MUCH more cheaply. So I'll probably move back to that and just throw the meal sachets in with my food, or keep them in the cupboard as backups.

B - coffee, NY wafer
L - NY soup with added mushrooms and a little chilli powder
D - chicken, leek, green bean, white wine casserole
D - ryvita rye with a smear of marg, Options hot drink

Total - 799 - so might add another soup sachet into lunch or in the casserole. I'm loving using the Ryvita rye cakes, they are really keeping my bread cravings at bay :).
I’m good, thanks Susie! Really enjoying retirement, doing lots of baking, spending time with family and my dog. If I could just improve my mobility, stupid knees and hips! I’m glad to hear you’ve moved somewhere you like - I’m not really familiar with the north east, being more on the western side of the country, but I know there’s some glorious countryside over there. Hope you get on well with your weight loss, I’ll keep popping back to see how you’re doing! I mostly follow things on Facebook nowadays, a couple of groups called Team RH and Rebelfit - the former, especially, is more in tune with the way I lost weight and maintain. Currently trying to get rid of the Christmas pounds, lol, I had too much of my own baking! 🤣 x

ladyfelsham

Evening all - quite a productive day, considering I didn't get up until midday lol. Laundry all done, and four hours of work, so now it's relaxing time with a book until Vera at 8pm.

A SWI this morning has me back at last week's amount - but I can live with that, I had wine on Friday and chocolate and bread yesterday. Bought Marisa Peer's book last night, so will read that later - and might forego the counselling for the time being, as she claims to be able to provide results for the same issues. I'll let you know what I think.

Not counting food today but had -

B - coffee
L - small serve lamb with sweet potato mash and spinach / 2 pieces wholemeal bread with marg, 1 tsp marmalade, 1 tsp peanut butter
D - the other half of the lamb and mash

Have a good night!

ladyfelsham

Morning all

Just a pound off this morning, after my offplan weekend. Had a terrible night's sleep, so I'm at work, it's FREEZING inside, we're all sitting here with coats on, there's loads to do and I feel like poo. Roll on 5pm!

B - ham and cheese toastie, coffee
L - broccoli and Stilton soup, ryvita crackers (a small pack of four)
D - dunno yet.

Hope you're all having a better day x

Later - I thought it was just a pound but checked my staert weight on MFP and it's 10lbs down altogether :)

Last edited:

snowbryneich

Gold Member
S: 29st12lb C: 25st9lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 51.5 Loss: 4st3lb(14.11%)
Oh a freezing office is the worst - I remember buying fingerless gloves a few years back because I couldn't type well in proper ones - we were in the basement office where I worked at the time and the fire escape did not seal properly so the heat just leaked out. (Someone brought a thermometer in to prove it was below minimum and the manager confiscated it :mad: (then there was a whole saga over portable heaters - it was the worst)

A loss is a loss so well done! Are you still doing low cal or switching to slimming world?

Let us know what you think of the book!

ladyfelsham

Still doing low cal - or at least I was until last night, I felt so tired and cold that I gave in to fish and chips - and they were lush!

Back on it again today though, and the office is warmer. The building is on a hill overlooking the seafront so it gets buffeted by winds, etc, and they don't turn the heating on on the weekend so it's always bitterly cold on a Monday - I just noticed it more yesterday because i wasn't feeling great.

B - ham and cheese toasted sandwich, coffee
L - parsnip soup and crackers
D - southern fried chicken and green salad

Will try and make some omelettes for Bs for the rest of the week, plus my new laptop arrvied last night so will have a good play with that.

Ooh @snowbryneich guess what? The lady I'm buying my house from has a Tefal Actifry she doesn't want and is going to leave it with me yaye - meant to be :D.

Last edited:

tipperary

Gold Member
S: 84.2kg C: 82kg G: 68kg BMI: 36 Loss: 2.2kg(2.59%)
You and your gadgets😂

ladyfelsham

What a result - free actifry. (Now you can use the actifry budget for something else . . . )
LOL oooh you are naughty, now you've got me thinking :classic_roll_eyes: . Suggestions welcome :D.

Well what a pants night's sleep that was! After another 11 hour day I really wanted some zzz but am feeling very wet rag like this morning. Ah well, no rest for the wicked - or me haha.

B - l/o southern coated chicken - bit bizarre for B but no energy last night to make anything else
L - green veg and kale soup, crackers
D - turkey korma I think, if I get home in time!

Will catch up with your news later xx

ladyfelsham

Another longish day, worked through lunch but did get to leave before 5pm woohoo - and at some point, hopefully March when I hope the house move will happen, I'll be able to take the extra hours. Nearly all the searches are back and nothing coming up, so cross fingers, we're nearly there!

ladyfelsham

Morning all

Back in the land of the living after a horrible tummy virus and two days off in bed! All sorts of bugs are flying round work, and I'd been feeling a bit nauseous for a week or so, so I guess it was my turn. Feeling a lot better today, TG. Weighed myself this morning and I've gained despite not eating but my tum is as hard as a drum, so expect it's swelling or whatever.

Started reading the Marisa Peer book but can't say I'm very impressed - lots of stuff about un-learning attitudes towards food and rewards, that sort of thing, so nothing new - and I don't like her style of writing - "when I was famous in LA blah blah..." so I'd recommend you don't waste your money on it.

I've also decided against WLS - it's just so drastic, and I hate the thought of not being able to enjoy food. So it's back to SW on Wednesday. I keep going round in circles and come back to the undisputable fact that that's how I lost a big load of weight and would have been at target now if I'd stuck with it.

Hope you've all got a nice weekend planned. Cold here brrr.

GaGirl

Silver Member
S: 11st7lb C: 10st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 0st11lb(6.83%)
I’m totally with you. I’m wondering about SW also. I just hate the classes with a passion. I think I’d rather pull my hair out than go to a class. So I may reread my books I have, but I also have the blood sugar diet recipe book on kindle so 🤷🏼‍♀️

your tummy is still probably full of gas for a nasty bug, so don’t worry to much about the weigh in, just get yourself better.

snowbryneich

Gold Member
S: 29st12lb C: 25st9lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 51.5 Loss: 4st3lb(14.11%)
I always have a sneaking suspicion that the books like that are written by people who've never actually been fat. >.> (I don't know enough about Marisa Peer to know if that's the case)

That is the main reason I quit every time (that and worries over surgery when bigger)

You said you are going to a different group this time right? Hopefully it's a good one and yes you did it once so you can do it now.

Sorry about the rotten bug- I think weightloss from stomach bugs stops the instant you feel at all better when you body starts to retain everything as it's in shock after the stomach bug