Susie's 2022 campaign

That's fabulous! I was making something that required ginger powder and shook the bottle to loosen it up, forgetting that I'd already taken the lid off and ginger went everywhere! All over me, the walls, the floor - everywhere except the mixing bowl :D :D.

Not a great night - RLS all the way through from 2am (it's now 8.20am), despite me taking mega doses of magnesium, potassium, my electrolyte drink, the Tramadol and walking around for a lot of that time - nothing worked, the rotten thing. Of all the health things I've got going on, I would give anything for this one to eff off and never show its face again! It has just started to ease off now, so at least I'll be able to get some sleep soon, but that's one of the longest attacks I've had in a while.

Ah well, on the bright side, I listed a couple of things on FB Marketplace about 6.30am - and both have already sold, one has already been collected! So that's £20 in the coffers :). My tax return has been done - really quick, cheap and efficient online service called Tax Scouts, if anyone is looking to get their tax done - so that means getting a loan is going to be much easier - but hopefully i won't need one and the flat sale will miraculously be all done by the end of the month LOL.

Food today -

B - Brats with skinny ketchup on a Megga roll
L - l/o bolognese
T - chicken pesto and feta casserole - a Diet Doctor recipe, it's v-e-r-y rich, so I've got a portion of cauli mash out too
S - pork scratchings, Lindt 85% - oh can't remember if I said but for my money the Morrisons 85% choc bar is much nicer (and cheaper) - more creamy, less bitter

Have a good one x

Lovely catching up with you two night owls. I slept through the night last night. I find I eat too much if I have sweet low carb treats. So it's an occassional thing for me. I like a keto tiramisu like this one, which is improved with some alcohol! https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-tiramisu

Sorry to hear @ladyfelsham that you have had a rough attack of RLS. Nothing worse when in the throes of an attack it seems to be going on forever. I do so hope the more weight you lose it might bring some relief. but hard to know the causes of this condition and whether weight loss will bring some relief lets hope it is the case.

Your menu today sounds lovely. my menu today is
B caramel baked oats with raspberries, skinny syrup, and a salted caramel skyr protein yogurt.
L banana
D roast and new potatoes, cabbage and leek, swede and carrot mash, string beans, and broccoli. With braised brisket. Hubby having Yorkie as well but I don't like them
S homemade rice pudding and berries.

Thx hun and your menu sounds good too - I'm with you on the Yorkie, can't really see the point of them lol (don't shoot me, fans).

Had a lovely 2 hour nap this afternoon, woke up feeling quite drugged TBH lol. Didn't have the energy to make the pesto chicken, so heated up the other serve of the bolognese with 30g cheese. Then I had a spurt of "get off your bum-itis" and made the fat bombs! Easy - but very messy to make, cream cheese and peanut butter everywhere so think I probably ate two by licking spoons etc - rolled 6 in ground almonds and 5 in cocoa and they are now in the freezer. I would have got 12 out of the mixture if they hads all been the same size but the mix was very gooey! I also doubled the ingredients, so it would have been 12 very small balls otherwise!

Not good enough for Bake Off but good enough for me, esp at 2g carbs each. Had 26g carbs today so there's room for one to try - but it's very rich so I imagine one will be enough. Loads of options for this recipe - orange extract, or berries - well, anything that goes with peanut butter really. I guess you could swap the peanut butter for ground almonds and/or dessicated coconut and then add any flavouring you liked - but I'm new at this so do suggest anything else!

Last edited:
1633906199060.png

They aren't round but they taste yummy! Say hello to my first ever keto fat bombs :) - and thanks to @purpleorc, who made it all possible :D :D.

Afternoon peeps

Been a great day for me so far - only one RLS episode for 2 hours during the night, and a decent amount of sleep in total - and today my fab foot lady came and gave my manky old feet a good going over, and Morrisons delivered everything on my shopping list so that's food for the fortnight or maybe longer. Got sign off on some case studies, researched some more, and now I do believe it's time for a nap :).

I also did a SWI and I've hit the 1 stone mark woohoo!!! Official WI is Wednesday, so on track to maintain that for my week 3 total - very pleased, I am loving the keto lifestyle.

B - coffee
L - l/o chicken Jalfrezi - not very nice, so had two Brats
T - will prob be l/o bolognese
S - pork scratchings, maybe some choc - or one of my fat bombs

Sxx

I am really pleased you have now lost a stone @ladyfelsham. Those fat balls look rather nice and yummy to me. My presentation isn't bake-off or MasterChef worthy. But hopefully, it tastes good. Must be ok normally get an empty plate from hubby :rotflmao: It is great when you find a way of eating that works for you and you moreover that you enjoy.

I have made a very old fashion dish for dinner tonight. One that comes from my grandparents. in a food processor, I blitz leftover meat, pop it in a mixing bowl. add one slice of bread and blitz to the bread crumb add this to the mixing bowl. Then add an onion mince to a fine consistency. Then season with salt and pepper, bind together with a beaten egg, and shallow fry till cooked completely through. But cos oil is in limited supply I brown in a frying pan, take out cover with foil and then bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes. A budget meal we called rissoles. I love this nostalgic meal for me.

I have been shopping today in Tesco and mainly picked up fruit, milk, yogurts, and a couple of minted lamb shanks from the frozen section.

Thanks Chilli! It’s now coming up for 5am, legs not too bad and I managed to get about 4 hours so far. I’ve learned to avoid scheduling in morning appointments so I can sleep in a bit later. I always leave myself some jobs to do so just emptied her be and spices into special pots, ditto chia seeds and nuts etc that came in yesterday’s shop. I might go watch a bit of All Creatures now, it’s so bucolic it will put me in a very good frame of mind 🤗😎.

Oh me too, and i was ready to hate this new adaptation, but love it TBH - but didn't watch that, instead I watched Carol Drinkwater (the original Helen) on a doco about Provence - really interesting, even if she is quite daft - self absorbed and actor-y - but fascinating. She and her husband live in a house overlooking Cannes that she bought 30 odd years ago as a derelict wreck, and they've obviously worked hard on it - but it has 30 olive trees and loads of land and must be worth an absolute fortune now!

I love Provence, really love it, so put on my To Do list for next year/whenever we can travel that I want to hire a cottage in a Provencal village or apartment in the coast and just live there for a few weeks, particularlyt as it looks like I won't be able to get home to NZ for quite a while - years, maybe!

Also made the KFC cheesy hash browns this morning - cabbage, mozzarella, psyllium husk powder, an egg - made into pattie shapes and baked in the oven. Mine all stuck to the foil so will shallow fry next time, or maybe do them as a waffle - but will hasve them again. I had three small ones, with eggs on top and it was lovely. Am a little bit peckish so will wait a while to have the next meal, the last of the l/o bolognese.

I'm also going to make up the Wholesome Yum loaded cauliflower casserole - all cheese and bacon gooiness lol - for later, plus a Diet Doctor chicken coconut curry - they will keep me going for the next few days!

if you prefer to bake I quite like the re-usable silicon sheets, they work well.

A few weeks in Provence sounds amazing. Mind you a few weeks anywhere sounds amazing right now lol.

@ChilliQueen I've tried to find silicone sheets that are small enough for my baking dish but no luck so far - 23 x 28cm in case anyone feels like online detection work :D.

Well I've had an eating sort of day - all LC but would eat and then feel a bit hungry 2 hours later again. Ah well, it's not every day and hopefully tomorrow I'll be a bit more focused - oh I wonder if it's because I had breakfast, and so early too! Maybe....will avoid it tomorrow and do IF and see how the day pans out.

And agree on the holiday front, I worked out earlier that I haven't had a holiday since I came back from Italy in 2017 - I've bought a lottery ticket for the huge Euromillions tonight so when I win, I'll buy a house in Cannes and you can all come and stay :)

3am at Palace Haywood and I've actually had an email saying I've won something but now I can't log in LOLOL. I am 1,000,000 % sure it's for a tenner or a lucky dip - but the suspense is fabulous :rotflmao: - so I'm playing that lovely game of "If I won what would I do with the money" :).

Yesterday was such an off day for food, and it continues - am sat here with tea, an Eezy Freezy ice lolly (zero carbs) and what's left of the fat bombs, after eating two earlier. A very subtle sort of self sabotage, especially with weigh in this morning. Maybe I'll skip this week!

5am - I was overestimating my win bigtime - £2.90 woohoo! :D :D. Ah well it's a box of tea, isn't it, every little helps lol. Let's not factor in how much I spent on the ticket haha.

Exhausted, would love nothing more than to lie down and sleep but RLS is particularly bad tonight - but I've got a few things done to take my mind off it - dishes, stuck castors onto the bottom of my inside recycling bin so it slides out easily from between cupboards, and I'm about to make coconut curry, and maybe the loaded cauli casserole.

6am - curry on slow cooker mode in the Clever Chef and it smells gorgeous, it's the Diet Doctor coconut curry recipe https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-curry-chicken-coconut-lime. I left out the lemongrass because the two I had were as hard as nails, oops, used leeks instead of onions and added green beans. Total for 4 serves 18g = 4.5 g carbs each portion. Add in cauli rice for 5g, and the grand total is 10.

Official weigh in today as well and I've hit the first stone mark, very pleased with how it's going - the food is amazing and doesn't feel in the least like hard work. I'm enjoying IF too - so this bodes well for me sticking with it long term (forever!).

Food today will be just the two meals -

- cabbage hash browns and eggs, just like yesterday
- the coconut curry, probably with cauli rice

Off to doze on the armchair until the Clever Chef alarm goes off.

Last edited:
What was the Carol Drinkwater docu called, and where can i find it. I have the books she wrote about it, i have them years now. And yep, some of it did come off as a bit weird. Including the relationship with the gardener. Ive been to that part of Provence, it is lovely but much too many people. Ive picked my eventual spot to live in SW France. Much more authentic French. We actually seriously looked at relocating to France over 15 years ago, had a property picked and all but the property crash here ended that. Now its a retirement dream but gets further away rather than closer each year as does even a simple nice holiday there.
Sorry Susie, ive waffled. I meant to simply say my husband lived in Cannes so i have been and its lovely but definitely there are places more lovely in France.

I like the sound of those cabbage hash browns, I may need to try them out sometime.

Hope you get some proper rest soon

@tipperary https://www.my5.tv/a-year-in-provence-with-carol-drinkwater/season-1/episode-1 - I have her olive grove books too, and started reading one of her fiction books last night - not for me lol. it was an audiobook and she was reading it but not very well IMHO - gotta love an actor!

And please do waffle away hun, I love hearing about your French plans. It was a very hard decision for me, about whether I moved to Italy or to France - my French is better than my Italian, and it was only bad/incorrect advice about the level of health insurance required in France (as a Kiwi) that made me plump for Italy. I still dream about living there - not Cannes, that was just me being silly - but I think my best option now is to find an area I really like and find a cheap cottage to rent for a month or two at a time. I know Provence is touristy etc but I did like the look of Sarlat, only spent a day there but really liked the feel of the place. Please feel free to suggest other places I can explore online x.

@ChilliQueen some KFC members make them with those bags of frozen cauli rice - the carbs are about the same - which reduces the amount of faff and mess, so I'll try that next week. They are a lovely brekkie with eggs, and very filling.

Back to bed for an hour or two now x

Last edited:
Back