Susie's 2022 campaign

Lynne hello there my friend!!! If you like KFC you'll love the names of their cookbooks - "OMG", "FFS" and "WTF?"....really, that's what they are called LOLOL.

So sorry to hear about your back - did it just go ping?

Would you consider doing low carb? Apart from the lovely bread, Turkish food is quite heavy on protein isn't it, so maybe that would make it easier? Just a thought.
LOVE the names of the books!!! Genius!! As for my back, n o it just gradually stiffened up over a few hours. No clue what upset it but it had been twinging o bit for a week before it 'set'. Happily it seems to be easing off now. 😁

Oh that's good news Lynne (@Rindaloo), back pain is the worst. I'm trying out a copper magnetic bracelet for the arthritis, put it on at lunchtime and do you knw, I think it's working - my fingers are certainly less swollen and don't hurt when I flex them. Don't care if it's a placebo as long as I get some benefit, imagined or otherwise :).

Food today has been good too, really enjoyed it -
B - LC roll with Bratwurst and cheese, plus coffee
L - cheesy mince leftovers
T - coconut chicken leftovers
S - 2 small ice lollies + pork scratchings

Carbs so far - 38 :)

Morning all - a rainy old day here but it's going to be nice and relaxing for me, as I'm up to date with my writing work :). No appointments, no deliveries expected, no one due round - all quiet and I'm really looking forward to it!

Just got my Bulb energy bill - going up by £20 a month ouch - but they still seem to be in business, unlike quite a few others.

Scales are 2 up on yesterday but wonder if it's because I had quite a bit of cheese, and also the carby veg in the chicken meal. I do know that I wasn't very hungry but hads the chicken anyway for something warm - so might try broth next time I feel like that. I also had some chicken tikka pieces in the night, was up for four hours - and that was definitely boredom, not hunger, and trying to pass time while waiting for the RLS meds to kick in (had 2 episodes last night, blooming thing, it's so unpredictable). Will try and keep it lower carb today, and drink more fluids.

I do seem to be getting relief from the magnetic bracelet - I was able to get out of bed with less hobbling and pulling myself along with the furniture this morning, and my fingers are definitely more flexible. And the knobby bits of bone on my finger joints have gone down and aren't so red. Bizarre, isn't it - but I'm delighted that it's helping a bit. You can get magnetic knee supports too - but none of the UK ones come in big enough sizes, and I'm not paying squllions for an American import, so it will have to wait for a bit more weight to go.

Menu
B - coffee
L - beef burgers and green beans (a la Tipp)
T - pepperoni pizza mmm
S - pork scratchings - 1g carbs per 100g yaye!

Keep nice and warm, all xx

wowzers sounds like you've definitely found the right plan for you, and great that the magnetic bracelet is helping.

I think there are a lot of things that work even though we don't understand why, placebo is a thing for sure but when you consider that pain killers came from tree bark and poppies, and antibiotics from fungus I don't think it pays to close our minds to the unknown.

I read a thing a while back about Reiki energy treatment - they've been able to prove by brain scans that a person receiving a treatment shows changes in their brain waves. They can't pin point what this would actually translate to in the body regarding healing etc, but I find it fascinating nonetheless.

Went to the lymphoedema clinic this afternoon. I have been told I was in the top 1 to 2 percent of people with that condition with having lost a total of 4 litres of lymph fluid from each leg. The nurse said in over 3 years he had never seen someone with such a great loss. He said this had been due to the fact I had lost 5 stone in weight and the fact I wear my compression bandages night and day. So I am over the moon that my progress is so good. When you don't know anyone else with the condition you haven't got a gauge to how your doing

Oh wow Mary what great news, you've worked really hard with your weight loss, kept plugging away, and your body is now thanking you! Sounds like really good progress, will you need to keep wearing the stockings day and night permanently?

I did wonder about having mine on at night - the online experts say not to (in my case, different for you) - but I've been waking up and noticing damp patches where my calves have been, so I've obviously got a build up of fluid leeching out at night. Off to the GP for bloods tomorrow so will ask then.

Ended up being a very picky day for food, and nothing like what I posted earlier lol - but I have a food diary and have written it all down, and come in at less than 20g carbs today. Also bought an el cheapo breadmaker on eBay - it's a good model (so Amazon reviewers tell me), the Morphy Richards Fastbake, so I can make up the KFC Megga mix and it brings the cost of a loaf or buns right down.

Also very happy that my fab London handyman guy who travelled up to fix the kitchen here for me, is happy to come back up and do the bathroom, including an extension out (depending on planning I guess) which will make it twice the length, and should see me out LOL - think Carrera marble, cobalt vanity, a Pegasus Islay sit in bath, pewter fittings - sort of Edwardian posh hotel look.

Oh wow Mary what great news, you've worked really hard with your weight loss, kept plugging away, and your body is now thanking you! Sounds like really good progress, will you need to keep wearing the stockings day and night permanently?

I did wonder about having mine on at night - the online experts say not to (in my case, different for you) - but I've been waking up and noticing damp patches where my calves have been, so I've obviously got a build up of fluid leeching out at night. Off to the GP for bloods tomorrow so will ask then.

Ended up being a very picky day for food, and nothing like what I posted earlier lol - but I have a food diary and have written it all down, and come in at less than 20g carbs today. Also bought an el cheapo breadmaker on eBay - it's a good model (so Amazon reviewers tell me), the Morphy Richards Fastbake, so I can make up the KFC Megga mix and it brings the cost of a loaf or buns right down.

Also very happy that my fab London handyman guy who travelled up to fix the kitchen here for me, is happy to come back up and do the bathroom, including an extension out (depending on planning I guess) which will make it twice the length, and should see me out LOL - think Carrera marble, cobalt vanity, a Pegasus Islay sit in bath, pewter fittings - sort of Edwardian posh hotel look.
I just twigged I was Mary lol My name is actually Karen lol Yes day and night no rest for the wicked lol They are going to try me on a different sort of top piece this is knee and thigh section. I go to an actual lymphoedema clinic and the experts there said to do it, It was also beneficial when I had ulcers believe it or not. The tighter the bandage was the it hurt less. You would think it would be the opposite. ~But nerve pain is hard to deal with and this helps along with a shed load of antiepileptic drugs. I only take a small dose now but early days I had enough to put down an elephant. If you can see if you can get referred to a lymphoedema clinic, Mind has been really helpful and have helped me. The day I walked into the clinic and I was lying on the couch I was leaking fluid everywhere. There was a massive puddle on the floor. Now my lower legs are so skinny my thighs need a little bit more work lol They are now as dry and need moisturizing to keep the skin in tip top condition.

Sounds like you have a bargain in the breadmaker. It should save you a small fortune.

Karen I am so sorry, can't think why I called you Mary!!! My littled grey cells are obviously not in full working order!

So delighted to hear how well you are doing, and to share our (similar-ish experiences). I think I might wear my stockings at night once or twice and see how I get on, I have a lighter denier pair that would work well for that. I told the nurse today about the damp patches and she thinks it's because of my inactivity, so hopefully will improve as I lose more weight and get more active - I am determined to become one of those people you see in before and after shots - the first, a big bulk hiding from the camera, and the second, a mud splattered marathon finalist :D :D.

Re moisturiser, I put Zeroderma cream on mine, it's the only thing that seems to work - and I believe you can get it on prescription.

Funny with meds isn't it? Not long ago I would have done anything to avoid taking them, but now I'm more than happy to keep popping Tramadol all day every day - because an opiate addiction is a million times more preferable than Restless Leg :D:D:D (I don't really think I'm addicted BTW, but you get the point).

Another amazing day, where it started off with lots of problems - which have all happily been sorted out woohoo!

And I weighed myself butt naked this morning (there's an image for you lol) and am another 3lbs down - I normally weigh in my PJs so not a true reflection but boy did it make me feel good! I know my tummy is shrinking a bit because putting the stockings on is a lot easier; and my breathing is less ponderous. I also didn't have anything to eat until 4pm - just not hungry. I love this new lifestyle! Off to make halloumi fries wrapped in bacon for tea mmmm xx

A KFC member just shared a pic of halloumi 'fries' wrapped in bacon - so having that tomorrow!!!

Now to find a keto sweet chilli sauce/jam recipe - unless anyone's got one they like? x

Karen I am so sorry, can't think why I called you Mary!!! My littled grey cells are obviously not in full working order!

So delighted to hear how well you are doing, and to share our (similar-ish experiences). I think I might wear my stockings at night once or twice and see how I get on, I have a lighter denier pair that would work well for that. I told the nurse today about the damp patches and she thinks it's because of my inactivity, so hopefully will improve as I lose more weight and get more active - I am determined to become one of those people you see in before and after shots - the first, a big bulk hiding from the camera, and the second, a mud splattered marathon finalist :D :D.

Re moisturiser, I put Zeroderma cream on mine, it's the only thing that seems to work - and I believe you can get it on prescription.

Funny with meds isn't it? Not long ago I would have done anything to avoid taking them, but now I'm more than happy to keep popping Tramadol all day every day - because an opiate addiction is a million times more preferable than Restless Leg :D:D:D (I don't really think I'm addicted BTW, but you get the point).

Another amazing day, where it started off with lots of problems - which have all happily been sorted out woohoo!

And I weighed myself butt naked this morning (there's an image for you lol) and am another 3lbs down - I normally weigh in my PJs so not a true reflection but boy did it make me feel good! I know my tummy is shrinking a bit because putting the stockings on is a lot easier; and my breathing is less ponderous. I also didn't have anything to eat until 4pm - just not hungry. I love this new lifestyle! Off to make halloumi fries wrapped in bacon for tea mmmm xx
No problem my brain cells frequently don't fire on all cylinders lol When ever possible elevate legs , this is something I was told to do to help the lymph fluid drain, The more weight you are able to lose it will also help. love you spur yourself with before and after pictures in your head. I use aqueous cream to moisturize it is the one that seems to work for me. I lather it on like it is going out of fashion lol If I get a break down of the skin I put trimivate on (cream similar to betnovate they are from the same family)

I have a funny story about Tramadol , Not funny hubby was in hospital with a severely infected gallbladder. Well they put him on tramadol. Oh boy he was hallucinating and talking all sorts of rubbish. The best one asking me to look for his dress!!! When he was well he had a bit of leg pulling for that one.

I am so pleased for you that you are starting to see benefits and that you can see the weight coming off nicely. It is great the new way of eating has been keeping you full for hours. Your evening meal sounds yummy I bet it hit the spot.

in the care home I worked in we never used compression stockings on our residents overnight, I'd definitely check in with your doctor or lymphodema nurse etc before doing anything new, just to stay safe.

I'm lolling at @purpleorc 's hubby looking for his dress, I'd have nipped out and got him one for funzies haha.

Loving the idea of the new bathroom LadyF and even better that you know you can have the work done by the guys you trust.

Also enjoying your food updates, I've never had haloumi? how is it? and wrapped in bacon sounds fabulous, everything is nice usually when wrapped in bacon!

Also loving the dress dreams!

Good advice on the stockings hun, in the end I did decide to take them off before bed last night - they dig in really tightly at the tiop so I figured my legs needed a rest lol.

Halloumi is a white Greek/Cypriot cheese but all the supermarkets have it - it's firm to the touch, quite squeeky when you chew on it, and a bit salty, it has a little brine in the packet. Wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven - it's HEAVEN! I just finished brunch, 4 halloumi and bacon soldiers and 2 fried eggs, with fresh coffee, and I am a) in transports of delight at how yummy it was and b) full as anything! All for 5g carbs.

A SWI has me another lb off so that's 9lbs down in 10 days. Feel like I'm back in control again!

Phew, just had tea and I am FULL! In fact, I only had 2/3 of my meal, which was lovely - a sausage and veg casserole - green beans, cabbage, mushrooms, spinach, garlic and cream, with Morrisons black pepper and cheese sossies - about 6g carbs per serve and delicious, although I'd put some herbs in next time - what herbs are the best with pork, cream and garlic?

Every day I'm amazed by this woe - I have absolutely no desire to snack 99% of the time, and if i do I've got pork scratchings there, but just a few are enough - or 85% chocolate, 1-2 squares is plenty. With milk choc I'd eat the whole 200g bar in one sitting! I don't know if it's just the honeymoon period or the actual food - but I don't care as long as it works :). My tummy is definitely shrinking, which is just so fabulous - a big tum stops you from doing so many basic things.

Ended up on 15g carbs today, including the coffee whitener, pleased with that. Also planning for next week. So far, I've got beef casserole (will be high in carbs., using some frozen root veg up - refuse to throw any more food away!), and Thai green chicken curry - I found a jar mix at Morrisons that is 9g for the whole jar. Might also make up the pesto chicken casserole with olives from the Diet Doctor, and fancy trying crispy harissa beef, air fried.

Oh that's good news Lynne (@Rindaloo), back pain is the worst. I'm trying out a copper magnetic bracelet for the arthritis, put it on at lunchtime and do you knw, I think it's working - my fingers are certainly less swollen and don't hurt when I flex them. Don't care if it's a placebo as long as I get some benefit, imagined or otherwise :).

Food today has been good too, really enjoyed it -
B - LC roll with Bratwurst and cheese, plus coffee
L - cheesy mince leftovers
T - coconut chicken leftovers
S - 2 small ice lollies + pork scratchings

Carbs so far - 38 :)
I got my son a copper magnetic bangle years ago and after a while he stopped wearing it. The pain came back so he put it back on. I was impressed that it worked. -and happy.

First time I had Halloumi was at a greek friend's. He BBQ'd it and it was fab. Since then I have had it a lot. I love having it with salad and a blob of mayo. Even better if there's some crispy bacon involved..... 😉

I am SO happy you're enjoying your new eating plan. -Even better you're seeing results. Well done!!!! xXx

Catching up! Brilliant idea to make megga bread in a bread maker. l haven't made any yet - so will buy a bread maker if l like it. Mr AG might eat it. He eats so much carbs and has piled on weight since he was in hospital.

I haven't got a date for my oedema clinic consultatIon. My left leg is worse and was particularly sore (and the scale up too) this week. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Another lovely food day -

Brunch - 3 halloumi and bacon soldiers, 2 small beef patties and scrambled eggs - so yummy!
Tea - l/o sossie casserole
Snack - 100g pork scratchings; and then I tried LC frozen yogurt - whizzed up 100g frozen blackberries and Alpro coconut yogurt in the Ninja Auto IQ. It's a bit too runny, I'm told I got the fruit and yog ratio wrong - but so many fun experiments waiting to happen!

in the care home I worked in we never used compression stockings on our residents overnight, I'd definitely check in with your doctor or lymphodema nurse etc before doing anything new, just to stay safe.

I'm lolling at @purpleorc 's hubby looking for his dress, I'd have nipped out and got him one for funzies haha.

Loving the idea of the new bathroom LadyF and even better that you know you can have the work done by the guys you trust.

Also enjoying your food updates, I've never had haloumi? how is it? and wrapped in bacon sounds fabulous, everything is nice usually when wrapped in bacon!
Hope you bought him a pink dress lol My hubby is very traditional so you couldn't get him to wear any brighter colours so running joke about buy him things that are pink

Also loving the dress dreams!

Good advice on the stockings hun, in the end I did decide to take them off before bed last night - they dig in really tightly at the tiop so I figured my legs needed a rest lol.

Halloumi is a white Greek/Cypriot cheese but all the supermarkets have it - it's firm to the touch, quite squeeky when you chew on it, and a bit salty, it has a little brine in the packet. Wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven - it's HEAVEN! I just finished brunch, 4 halloumi and bacon soldiers and 2 fried eggs, with fresh coffee, and I am a) in transports of delight at how yummy it was and b) full as anything! All for 5g carbs.

A SWI has me another lb off so that's 9lbs down in 10 days. Feel like I'm back in control again!
I don't wear stocking thank goodness for lymphoedema so I don't get this digging in you experience. I was prescribed something called Haddenham easywrap if you look these up you will see that they have straps which wrap around the affected area in my case my legs. These do not dig in. When I first wore them I had to retighten them several times a day cos the lymph fluid was being pushed into areas where it could drain away. A bit of a faff but now I do not have to touch them now the fluid has gone from my lower legs. Thighs still need a bit more work. But glad kept on top and kept tightening the strapping. I get two strapping a year. Although when I was leaking like a tap I was given two one to wear and one to wash. I have kept some older strapping not so tight but they are good stand ins whilst I wash these strapping. They are pricey to say the least but I have been extremely grateful the NHS supplied them for me.

Evening all - been a mad day, quite busy with one thing and another, but the fab news is that I now don't have to see my cardio consultant for another year - he's so happy with my progress, the heart rate is steadying under 100bpm, my BP is now normal, and all my lifestyle changes - well he's cock-a-hoop about the no smoking and alcohol, and 100% behind low carb - so it's all good! :D He's put me on one new med - it's mainly used to treat diabetes and you wee out sugar so will have a slight weight loss side effect - but apparently it's showing good results for AFib people without diabetes, and it also reduces fluid in the legs, which is very good news! I wore my Pebble compression stockings today, they do a much thinner denier one and I love them, they are really comfy - but it's easy to put a hole or four in them, which is tough when they are £20 a pair!

Foodwise, also good - I fasted until I got home at 2pm, then had l/o scrambled egg ad bacon with melted cheese and it was so delicious!
Tea was jalfrezi chicken curry with LOADS of green beans and spinach - I used a vegan jalfrezi sauce from Morrisons, really low in carbs, so the whole thing was 6g carbs, despite the big veg serve.

After hours going through my accounts for the tax return, I'm peckish now (10.45pm) so having 2 slices Megga bread with cheese for 3g carbs, and a cuppa, then it's bedtime, despite my 90 min nap this afternoon :).

Back