Susie's 2022 campaign

Ah that's a shame, I have to say i love them - and luckily LC eating is full of these type of recipes.

Happily I did get a bit more sleep, feeling much more myself - and now need to do some work!

Flu jab was done in 30 seconds, lovely and quick - but I;m back tomorrow to see a lady GP about a lump I found in my boob last night. All these health things just feel relentless at the moment, but I'm focusing on the statistic that 80% lumps are benign, especially in menopause years.

Just waiting for the garage to come and charge the car battery up (or replace it) - so, my lovelies, how about a quiz?

Re a car - do I -

1) get the Beetle repaired and keep her? The eldctrics have gone in two of the windows again, will cost about £300 to fix I think
2) get her repaired and sell her (prob get £700-1000) and buy a new 2nd hand one with all mod cons?
3) sell her for what I can and use taxis instead (not as convenient, but would be cheaper)?

This is the third time the battery has gone flat so I'm obviously not using her much...so maybe a car is now a luxury I can't afford?

big hugs @ladyfelsham even though intellectually you know the chances of it being benign are great there will always be that concern until you know for sure, that's very natural and human. Lets do our best to think positive though

As for the car it really depends. Are there journeys you make that would be difficult without a car? I'd struggle without mine as my family are 65 miles away and our location doesn't have great transport routes. For me the car is worth the expense for the freedom it gives me.

Only you can truly answer your questions, it is an expense for sure to have one.

Hi all - another night awake for hours, thanks to RLS - but i finally think I know why it's getting worse, had a good chat to some people on the RLS Society forum, and they think I've got Tramadol augmentation - which basically means it's stopped working and makes the symptoms twice as bad. This augmentation happens all the time to sufferers taking dopamine receptors (one of the things believed to cause RLS is a lowered dopamine level) and they say it's a complete nightmare until the drugs are completely out of your system.

I was sat in the bathroom in tears (frustration. exhaustion, pain) earlier, then it just occurred to me - I take the Tramadol at midnight, that's my 4th dose of the day, and I take it every six hours. It usually takes 90 minutes-2 hours to kick in, and yet for the last week or so I've been awake for hours 2 nights out of every 3 - and it lasts for six hours. Coincidence? Don't think so.

So I'm going to talk to the GP today about withdrawing from the Tramadol. I'd prefer to just stop, but apparently the withdrawal effects are nasty. It comes out of your system around four days after stopping so I'll go down from 400ml a day to 200ml for a few days and oly take the 6am and midday dose, and then 100ml, then that's it. Wish me luck!

definitely take the advice from GP about stopping! these things can definitely be tricky without the right procedure.

Wishing you mountains of luck!

🤗🤗🤗

So, we have a plan.

The GP was in full agreement about stopping the Tramadol (although she wanted to then put me on meds which are much worse for rebound and side effects!) so from today, I'm halving my Tramadol intake, for 3-4 days so none at night, then halving again for a week, then that's it. I'll start on L-Tryptophan tomorrow night, and try and get an Epsom salt bath on my knees.

I've also got a mammogram appointment for two weeks' time - hate the actual procedure but glad it's being seen to quickly.

So, back to food LOL -
B - a pork and cheese sausage
L - two more sossies with cauli mash
T - chicken with red pesto
S - choc and pork scratchings
Total carbs so far 17.

I've noticed my meal sizes are half what they used to be - a good sign!

Four hours later, forgot the GP said to take the magnesium etc with food, so just forced down (lol) 2 small slices of LC toast with microwave omelette, and now I'm so full I could burst.

Time to stagger to bed - cross fingers the dreaded you know what stays away! x

Morning all
Over the moon to report a 3lb loss, taking my total to 17lbs in my first month :wee:

I'm just so happy with this eating plan, and 'celebrated' with eggs and lots of cheese on LC toast...and couldn't finish it. I actually stared at the plate for a bit, almost willing myself to go on - but I couldn't, I was stuffed!

Also managed to get more than six hours sleep in 3 lots - was awake for about 4 hours, but then got off again, waking at 6.45am covered in sweat! Needed to share that with you :). I really don't want to take any more Tramadol, so am going cold turkey (even though they generally say not to) - I've got more there if things get wobbly, but I don't have a very addictive personality so I'm hoping i will be lucky and not suffer too badly - and it will be out of my system properly in 3-4 days.

Menu - very simple today, stuff to use up
L - sausage casserole with green beans and herbs
T - steak and celeriac chips mmm

Have a wonderful day, all xx

if you do it good luck its obviously your choice, but for the sake of taking a few more days I think you should do it as recommended. it isn't about your metal characteristics, your body may have physical symptoms too. Just take care.

:woohoo:on the weightloss you're storming on!

fingers crossed the mammogram isn't too uncomfortable and the lump is nothing to worry about

Thanks hun, a mate says her doctor told her to go cold turkey - and I'm feeling ok so will plough on for now.

Thanks re the boob issue - got an appointment in 2 weeks, so am just trying to a) not think about it and b) when I do, think positively :).

well done on the 3 / 17lb :)

Hoping the withdrawal is smooth for you <3

I can't imagine how you feel about the boob issue, really hope the next couple of weeks doesn't drag and you can get piece of mind about it soon x

Hello there my lovelies - delighted to report that I am now nearly halfway through my cold turkey withdrawal, a friend with experience in it tells me it's out of your body in 48 hours - and I actually feel really excited to be getting through this and towards even better health. Experiencing strong flu symptoms, woozy head plus lots of sneezing and nose blowing, and I can absolutely cope with that - so had a couple of lovely zzz's, and am feeling ok right now. Who'd have thought, me, a junkie? :D :D Of course, not really, the Tramadol was needed for the recuring cellulitis and then as a treatment for RLS but once rebound starts, there's no point in continuing to take it - and these withdrawal symptoms make you realise just how much these hefty drugs affect the body.

And thanks for the concern about the boobs - I'm surprising myself by NOT being worried sick about it, actually, that's my normal position - so maybe the CBT stuff I've been doing is paying off. When I do think about it, I go "Yuck mammograms are horrible but it's over quickly, and it's prob not cancer, 80% of lumps are benign, but if it is serious then we've caught it quickly" so, really, for now, I'm ok. Come the day of the mammogram and it might be a different story LOL, all my sangfroid may fly out the window!

Haven't had much of an appetite -
B - 1.5 eggs on 1 megga toast with 30g cheese
L - same as above - made a big 3 egg thing and couldn't eat it all
T - 100g l/o chicken with red pesto

I'm glugging the electrolyte drink like crazy, it's helping the RLS day time jerks, and I'm going to try L-Tryptophan to help with sleep tonight.

Onwards and upwards (except for weight lol)!

Last edited:
Hello folks - well I'm here and still alive lol - not feeling wonderful but my nurse friend thinks I've picked up a bug, got a horrible tinutis going on and woozy head. Really hoping for a decent sleep tonight as I am uber tired, but RLS has just started up so think that may not be on the cards.

But it has been more than two days since my last dose so am officially free of the Tramadol.

When I've felt like eating, food has been on track, and i did a sneaky weigh in this morning and am 2lbs down from Wednesday - plus, just had a shower - sorry if this is too gross, but my tummy is huge, right, and I usually can't get both hands underneath it to wash below - but today I did woohoo, so something is shrinking!

Well done on kicking the tramadol. Hope you see the difference without it (but not suffer in pain if you still find you need pain meds <3)

There are so many bugs flying about at the moment, hope your body clears it fast!

There's no such thing as too gross.
I find that being real about the struggles you face (and joys of overcoming them) can let peeps feel like they aren't alone in them if they also face the same issues.

Hurrah for seeing some visible results and not just numbers on the scales! You are doing so well x

I hope you get a restful night x

yay for the continued weight loss and good food choices, and for being tramadol free :)

Boo for feeling yucky :(

I hope you do get some rest tonight

Back