Susie's 2022 campaign

I completely emphasise about the tea - my issue is the lack of cows milk. I have tried the Atkins suggestions of almond milk, soy milk, cream watered down etc. and it all tastes wrong. I am currently using lactose free milk - this saves a few carbs per 100ml compared to normal cows milk, but is still much higher than soy etc. But I take the 'hit' as I only have 1, or occasionally 2 cups of tea a day.

Good luck! Excited for your 1st weigh in x x

Hey Buffy, nice to hear from you - and I just left you a post! :D

I actually prefer soya milk in my tea but have to make my own as it's really hard to get here in Italy. In the UK I liked Tesco's own brand soya milk, give it a try?

It has got really cold here today, yes folks the temperatures are dropping even here :D. I felt really hungry earlier, so had more bacon and eggs, and now I'm still full and don't feel like dinner...need to cook the chicken though, so will see how I feel later. Not been so good on water consumption - had about 4 glasses so far, but its really important on low carb to drink lots, so will up the ante!

Morning all

A good first day - a lifetime to go :D

L - cheese omelette
D - chicken curry and cauli rice

Off shopping in Pescara, the main city of the region, today - really looking forward to it!

Have a good one x

Hello folks - all going well here so far. Had a nice day out shopping, and am mobile again today as my car is back from the garage yaye, so lots of outings planned for the rest of the week.

Still not doing brekkie, just not hungry so I don't see any point in forcing it :)

L - cheese, mince, spinach omelette
D - sossies and sauteed cabbage

Rain is setting in now for a few days :( but it's a nice chance to catch up on reading and tellie.

Sx

Morning all

Funny old dreams at the moment, which I remember happening last time I did LC, so a late start getting up today - plus it's cold and grey and the duvet was warm, with the cat snuggled in to me - until she decided she'd had enough and went into toe attack mode!

L - warm pork salad
D - not sure, off to a friend's house for dinner and Mah Jong - but have warned him I'm on LC :)

Have a good one!

Evening all

Had a good few days so am looking forward to WI in the morning. A busy day to come, actually, start the paperwork to sort out my permission to stay woohoo!

L - left over mixed grill - sossies, pork chops, no salad (naughty!)
D - pancetta and cabbage sauteed in coconut oil with a mayo dressing, hopefully make up for lunch!

Have a good evening x

Morning all!

Really, really happy with WI this morning - 11lbs down! I know a lot will be water weight but I increased my water intake to 2 litres, so will keep glugging away - and it's fab to see my calves return to their normal shape, and not be huge from water :).

Friends have been amazing and are making me low carb meals and snacks, so I've been able to avoid pasta and other carby stuff really easily. Onwards and downwards!

L - salad at a friend's house (plus will take some leftover pork with me)
D - chicken with sauteed cabbage

Off visiting today, have a good one x

Last edited:
Morning all!

Really, really happy with WI this morning - 11lbs down! I know a lot will be water weight but I increased my water intake to 2 litres, so will keep glugging away - and it's fab to see my calves return to their normal shape, and not be huge from water :).

woohoo brilliant weigh in.

Thanks Buffy :).

Felt so rough overnight and today - the runs, exhausted, dopey head, sleeping all through the day....yep that'll be the Atkins flu then. Drinking bouillion and keeping the fat levels up, so hopefully will feel better tomorrow. Luckily the weather is grim so it's a good incentive to stay in!

Thanks Buffy :).

Felt so rough overnight and today - the runs, exhausted, dopey head, sleeping all through the day....yep that'll be the Atkins flu then. Drinking bouillion and keeping the fat levels up, so hopefully will feel better tomorrow. Luckily the weather is grim so it's a good incentive to stay in!

oh no that sucks. But at least you know it won't last long. It's just a sign it's all working!

Morning all!

Friends have been amazing and are making me low carb meals and snacks, so I've been able to avoid pasta and other carby stuff really easily. Onwards and downwards!

L - salad at a friend's house (plus will take some leftover pork with me)
D - chicken with sauteed cabbage

Off visiting today, have a good one x

Hello, brilliant loss, very well done :)
Hope you're feeling better. I love reading your posts, I found some old ones when I first joined and loved reading about your life in Italy.

oh no that sucks. But at least you know it won't last long. It's just a sign it's all working!
Hi Buffy, wow you're doing well on Atkins. I think hubby might prefer that to cc.

Hi Tibbs

Thanks so much for reading the old posts (there are quite a lot of them, a few even to do with weight loss lol). Re your OH, men always do really well on low carb, think their metabolism is better suited or something :).

Nice day catching up with friends for coffee at the beach, but odd day foodwise - not hungry at all (very unlike me) until dinner time!!!

Just had the Italian equivalent of pork belly with steamed spinach and feel very full - must be the low carb effect - and long may it stay! :D

Using up some carbs on a glass or two of red wine, and might have an Options drink with cream later (so so lush, with a sprinkle of ginger on top mmmm).

Hi Tibbs

Thanks so much for reading the old posts (there are quite a lot of them, a few even to do with weight loss lol). Re your OH, men always do really well on low carb, think their metabolism is better suited or something :).
Hi Ladyfelsham, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. How's your day been? I like to read about your life in Italy. X

Grazie cara! :). Had a nice day, lovely weather again so basked outside for a bit, then had my regular Mah Jong evening and dinner at a friend's house, just home now.

Foodwise been really good (except for a small pastry before dinner oops), so no hot drink for me now. Dinner out tomorrow night but they do a mixed grill with contorni (veg of some sort) so should be ok!

Back