Susie's 2022 campaign

Fantastic loss and that monthly total is insane! Well done you.

Oh rubbish to the official red tape, although, it is Italy! Whenever I have to talk to my Italian colleagues that's all I get in answers :D

Just back from the vet with Stella, the little black cat who has adopted me - but apparently she's not a stray, just been abandoned, because she seems toilet trained and lets me cuddle her.

She's about a year old (so her birthday is now today) and isn't preggers (yaye), so is booked in for spaying and tagging next week, and had her first flu shot. Not cheap - but when a cat chooses you, there's not much you can do about it :). Now I just need Orbit to feel chilled about her - there's some hissing going on from my older and obviously threatened fur baby, so it's separate rooms for now!

Another 2lbs off for me today, making a total of 19lbs in a month - so am very happy with that - keep trying to visualise 19 blocks of butter - in fact, must find a pic and put it on the fridge! :D.

Not a very exciting day here - laundry mostly - but very happy that Stella the stray (who sleeps in the kitchen) used the litter tray last night for serious business! I wonder if she belonged to someone...or she's just a very clever little girly! :)

Aims - lose another 14lbs this month; and get into the 200s by Christmas!

PS - does anyone know how to add SW badges properly? I just cut and pasted but am sure there's a better way lol

14.jpg
Brilliant weight loss there LadyF, you're doing marvellous :)

Morning, is Orbit accepting Stella any better? I so love cats, sheer bliss when one cuddles up on your lap :kitty:
Have a good day X

afternoon susie aww im glad you little furry friends are ok i love cats
and wow with the weight loss that is amazing you are doing brill it must be a worry with italy but im sure it will all be sorted in the end x x x x x

Morning

Still a few hisses from Orbit, but Stella is making me laugh - zooming round the house and up/down the stairs, having a good old explore :D.

Terrible eating day yesterday though - I had PASTA! :eek::eek::eek:. Didn't have much other food in the house and was feeling a bit blue, and made tuna mornay pasta - but at least it was the wholemeal sort. Scales look bad this morning so it might be a week of veg eating for me to try and get the numbers back down!

hi susie
looks like stella is happy and orbit showing who is boss lolol
do not worry about the pasta it was a little blip saying that i cannot drop my pasta or rice i enjoy them but keep them to limits hope you have had a good day hun x x

Wow on the weight loss. Well done. I'm loving the cat story. We have loads of cats because we always end up with the ones nobody wants. Also have a stray who lives in the garage. Can't get anywhere near her but she comes for food. She's had 3 lots of kittens so far though.

Anyway today is a new day. Forget the pasta and move on. Good luck. Xxx

Oh no pasta - I hope it tasted it really good :) It will come off.

It's so nice you saved a little black cat. I also have a black cat - I adopted him at the beginning of the year. Black cats are the hardest to re-home, so probably explains why he was a little pushy and made himself at home with you.

Afternoon all - and thanks for the support re the pasta!

I'm just home from shopping with a new cat litter tray and several boxes of cat food for Hollow Legs Stella haha. Honestly, for something so little she can really shovel it away! Will try and sort out a pic so you can see the two of them.

In other excitement (!) - for the last three days we've had a full on wind called the sirocco, and yesterday it blew my kitchen window shut and smashed it to pieces! Boy did we nearly jump through the roof! Luckily there's a shutter on the outside so there's some protection from the cold until I get it fixed. TG the wind has stopped now!

aww bless you susie you have had a week of it love x x x

Hello LadyF, how are you and your cats doing? Noticed you haven't been around for a few days and hope all is ok x

Hi ladies

Sorry for short awol but been a mad few days here. Got my window repaired - but it's still in the car, too heavy for me to lift out! Friends are coming for lunch tomorrow so they can do it for me. Cat Wars still continue - thought I'd found a home for Stella but they decided no this morning. Oh well, in my heart I really want to keep her, so will just have to hope that Orbit becomes more comfortable with her around.

Am really struggling with low carb this week - and put on 5lbs as a result at WI this morning! :eek::(. I just find the allure of bread and pasta too hard to ignore, I'm afraid, so I think it's back to SW to at least be more flexible. On the plus side, the sossies here are as low fat/low rusk as you can get so pretty much syn free :p.

Hi ladies

Sorry for short awol but been a mad few days here. Got my window repaired - but it's still in the car, too heavy for me to lift out! Friends are coming for lunch tomorrow so they can do it for me. Cat Wars still continue - thought I'd found a home for Stella but they decided no this morning. Oh well, in my heart I really want to keep her, so will just have to hope that Orbit becomes more comfortable with her around.

Am really struggling with low carb this week - and put on 5lbs as a result at WI this morning! :eek::(. I just find the allure of bread and pasta too hard to ignore, I'm afraid, so I think it's back to SW to at least be more flexible. On the plus side, the sossies here are as low fat/low rusk as you can get so pretty much syn free :p.

Woohoo for slimming world. I've not done it myself, but years ago when I lost weight (8 stone) I did the majority via weight watchers. As much as I think Atkins/low carb can work, I think the best diet is always the one you can stick to. Congrats on making a decision to chose the right diet for you :)

On another note I am sad your cats aren't getting along. Are they both neutered? Have you ever watched Jackson Galaxy? He's a cat behaviourist with great results helping cats get along. Not sure if he's on Italian TV, but I am sure you can find him on You Tube. I am a little cat obsessed, and love watching him training humans to have the skills to ensure their cats have a nicer life.

Oh thanks Buffy I'll see if I can find him on YT. My older cat Orbit was spayed ages ago, and it's little Stella's turn on Wednesday, so maybe that will help Orbit adjust.

Thanks also for the SW encouragement. I lost 3 stone last year with SW, but as usual I got bored and fell off the wagon - also didn't like the consultant much, but there wasn't another meeting close by, so i just gave up. Low fat stuff is hard to find here, it's just not in the Italian psyche, but I got a load of extra syns because of my starting weight (I think it was 25?) so will just have to syn as much as I can.

Last edited:
Hi Susie
im glad you have gone back to S.W. last time you did it you enjoyed it and it suited you and the weightloss came off..............i do agree with buffy its whatever suits you hun i tried S.W.but i could not get on with it i just liked it because i enjoyed the people there but thats me hahahha good luck susie

Thanks Chezzie! Hopefully this time I can stick with it for longer than 5 seconds :D. Will read my SW book again today and start properly tomorrow. In typical me fashion, I ate a load of junk yesterday so more weight back on and my knees are really sore as a result - so if nothing else, there's the motivation. Although why I don't remember that as I creak my way to the fridge!

Strange old day here - one side of the house it's heavy storm clouds, the other is blue sky and sunshine!

Later...do you know I just realised I am doing what I always do. Go off plan, pick another plan, go off that. One endless recurring pattern which just leaves me with all the weight back on. So am going to stick with LC for now (the kitchen is full of LC stuff) and maybe give myself a carby treat day once a month, although I know it will make me gain.

Last edited:
Good on you for sticking with LC for now. Hopefully you will be able to break the cycle by sticking with one thing. xx

Fingers crossed Orbit accepts Stella into the family. Cats can be tricky little wotsits!

Back