Susie's 2022 campaign

Back home after an amazing lunch and great laughs, plus a guided tour of an area I hadn't been to, so all in all a great day :).

B - a turkey sausage with leftover cauli mash and spinach
L - antipasti, then a steak, salad, chips and frizzante - yum!
D - none, stuffed to the gills!

Total - as near as I can guess, and overestimated when not sure - 1,859. Yaye!

Oooooo will take a look at that blog Susie, would be great to see how you've done the place up and settled in. What an adventure!

Loved your link to the restaurant Suzie, it's nice to see photos of where you're living and going. You've definitely cracked being able to eat out and stay within calories. Excellent X

Buona Pasqua everyone! Hope you've had a lovely day with family/friends - and lovely food :).

A very lazy one here, dozing, reading and cuddling the cats - just what I felt like!

B/L - eggs and cheese slices on rye bread - so nice I had it twice :)
D - pork loin with mayo and spinach
S - 6 pieces of orange peel dipped in chocolate, a few crisps, big pot green tea

Total - 1,980 - so, just squeaked under :).

Your lunch from yesterday sounds amazing!! And within calories! Fantastic! :) And a lovely day today :)

Here's a rather dull YT vid of my town - about slide 4 there's a roundabout with a (non working) fountain in the middle, hang a left there and my place is further along

I like the plaque commemorating NZ troops during WW2 :).

Where you live is beautiful!! It's what I imagine proper Italy to be like, without all the tourists etc.

Yes Claire, I look down over the valley and up to the town. Will try and upload pics, once I figure out how! :)

Afternoon all - a lovely lie in today. We were going to the Tolkein Experience (as you do) but it's awful weather so decided home is where the heart is today :).

A quick WI shows a weekend indulgence gain so am trying to eat clean and green for the rest of the week!

L - 3 egg omelette with pancetta on cheese and rye bread
D - turkey mince with chilli jam and spinach
S - carrots and cottage cheese

Total - 1,550

Later - urgghh how quickly the wheels can come off! Had a massive eating session and gone over cals by about 100...chocolate orange peel (loads), crackers and cheese, then pesto with the turkey - lovely, I could have scoffed the lot but put half in the fridge TG!

Last edited:
Aw Susie, sounds lovely.

Ah well, est intentions and all. Still only 100 cals over ain't bad for indulgence, but back on the wagon tomorrow :) xx

Another huge gain today - hmmmm - will have to try eating light the rest of the week.

B - eggs, spinach, cheese, toast, tea
L - veg soup
D - ditto

MFP is playing up so not sure of the total - about 1,500, I think.

Have a good one x

It was easter so we are allowed a gain as long as we know what caused it and know how to get rid of it (well that's my philosophy)

Thanks Buffy I hadn't thought of it like that. I guess I'm not sure what maintenance cals are yet - but anyway have got things back under control (a bit!).

Change of menu - the builder's mum came round for lunch so we had sossies and mayo on baguette rolls, very nice, followed by strawbs and one small piece of bocconotto - they are a speciality of my town. This one was a little crescent-shaped pastry with almonds/fruit filling. The veg soup is cooking now and smells delicious, so will have a wholemeal roll with it.

Total so far, 1,800 - so leaves room for crackers and cheese later. Or maybe I'll be extra good and have celery and light cream cheese instead :).

Later - the soup was lush, and perfect as it's turned cold - more snow forecast in the mountains! :eek:. Just had another funny neighbour moment. The old guy who runs the farm across the road has often taken me to task for leaving my recycling bin out once the rubbish has been collected, I think in case it blows onto the road - he speaks dialect so god only knows what he's really saying. He has just knocked and brought today's bin up, not because it was near the road, but because he wanted to save me the journey (down the 100 foot drive) :D. Ah bless him.

Last edited:
Busy day today - had the lads around to do lots of jobs, plus a friend came round to help me really spring clean the bedrooms (got guests arriving in a couple of weeks) - oh dear lord the dust! I am a really terrible house cleaner :oops: but it's much better now!

Plus the kitchen is officially finished woohoo, with the last cupboard now in! I'll tidy it up first, then take pics and put on a Flickr link so I can post in here.

Not had much to eat today, as a result, so will maybe have my beloved crackers and cheese later yaye! Found lush rosemary flavoured crackers at a local supermarket, very yummy :).

B - leftover parmigiana
L - wholemeal roll with butter
D - leftover soup, extra carrots and pasta
S - chocolate, cheese and crackers
Total - so far - 1,542

Hope you all had a good day.

Last edited:
Sorry Tipp! :)

Late start today, and it's pouring with rain, so a lazy reading day methinks :).

Lots of leftovers for food today -

B - tea
L - turkey with veg stew (toms, carrots, leek, passata, baked beans)
D - veg soup and a wholemeal roll, plus another helping of the turkey veg stew
S - will try not to!

Total - 1,359

Morning all

An STS for me today, which I'm OK with, as it means I've pegged back the mid week gain.

Another rainy day but got to go and see the lawyer, he says there's a problem (another one) with my permission to stay application. Long story, but he says there's a solution - let's hope so!

Then it's off to lunch with expat pals, then home to put the heater on!

Have a good day. Will post menu later. xx

Back