Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Tipps - yes they grow artichokes here, but they are one of the few veg I don't like. Off shopping in a mo to stock up - plus a friend has made a pancetta and pea risotto and made too much, so he's giving me some of it for my dinner :).

A lovely day here at last, after four days of strong winds - they get a sirocco wind from Africa, and it's so strong it upturns old ladies and blows washing all over the neighbourhood! I came back yesterday to find my fly strip thing at the door had been wrenched off and hurled down the driveway! :eek:

L - eggs on toast, tea
D - risotto

Will calculate the cals later.

Might make up a veg stew as well - good way to use up all the veg.

Sorry to read about your friend. Eating at this time is expected, so don't beat yourself up. Given you now have Italian residency, I think this means you are required to eat at any emotional time, or when family are visiting. Double check your residency conditions, but I am almost certain this is a requirement ;-)

Sending you lots of love.

LOL like your thinking Buffy - and thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Had a quiet day, just reflecting on a few things. My friend's situation has made me realise I need to get some stuff sorted out in case a similar kind of thing happens to me - what happens to the cats, and all that. Got to be sensible about these things, eh!

Residency is easy for UK citizens but I'm on a Kiwi passport, which flummoxed the local council :). But happily it's sorted now and will make a big difference re the health care system, etc.

Hi Babs - nice to see you but did you mean to post on my thread, love, or on a SW one?

Sorry Yes sw post . Sorry

Evening all - been a terrible day for food. Friends took me out for beer to celebrate, and then to an amazing bakery yesterday and since then I've been scoffing mini sossie rolls, pizza and white bread :eek:o_O

Vegetables for the rest of the week for me!
Residency is easy for UK citizens but I'm on a Kiwi passport, which flummoxed the local council :). But happily it's sorted now and will make a big difference re the health care system, etc.

Hi Babs - nice to see you but did you mean to post on my thread, love, or on a SW one?

Evening all - been a terrible day for food. Friends took me out for beer to celebrate, and then to an amazing bakery yesterday and since then I've been scoffing mini sossie rolls, pizza and white bread :eek:o_O

Vegetables for the rest of the week for me!

Hope you have had a better day today. You're right, it's good to plan ahead and be sensible. It could also bring you some peace of mind. xx

Hi Susie, what a rollercoaster of emotions you've been on this past week - great news about your residency, awful news about your friend...enough to throw anyone off plan.

Hope you're okay, hun...stay strong x

Morning all

Still alive and kicking - just been madly busy with a friend staying, and lots of hospital visits. Hope to come on over the weekend and catch up with all your news xxx

Hello girls - caught up with all your news, lots happening as usual eh! :)

All Ok here. My friend in hospital is not good, unlikely to come out of the coma and there has been significant brain damage - so sadly we are all hoping she will just slip away. Her best friend is here at the moment, so am taking her to the hospital in a moment, then on to take her to the airport. My other friend who is staying with me goes home tomorrow, and then I'll try and get some sort of normal eating back. Am going to reduce my cals a bit, and then just hope that there are no more upsets for a while.

Take care all xx

Big hugs Susie! Thinking of you xx

Thanks for your kind words all - it has been cr*p on a stick, for sure, but one thing we are all talking about here is the need to live life to the full. Cliched, I know, but this awful thing just came out of the blue for someone who was planning on many more happy years in the sun.

So - will be back on it tomorrow properly. I really like the flexibility of CCing but get utterly bored with all the logging - so am going to avoid all the high cal stuff like pizza, etc, for a bit and just try to stick to salads and protein, and not log it, and see how I get on.

Sx

Ah no Suzie, I've just read the news about your friend. I'm so sorry about that, it's very sad and so very unfair.Sending you big huggeroos X

BTW, your blog popped into my inbox today, loved it as usual. Is the little black cat Stella? X

Morning ladies and thanks for the kind words and hugs (again).

I'm OK, I think we're all accepting that our friend has 'left the building', so to speak. Today will be a little hard - we have an expat lunch every month that this friend set up, so no doubt we'll be reminding ourselves of the good memories.

Tibbs - so pleased you like the blog - didn't know it went into peoples' inboxes! :D. And yes the black cat is the naughty Stella. For anyone else that fancies a quick read, here's the latest post - https://abruzzodreaming.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/gardening-101-new-student/

I'm back on CCing today - weighed in and I've put on 7lbs, not surprising really, considering the food I've been eating - so, less of the bread and pasta and more veg and fruit. Not hard at this time of year, we're having lovely hot weather and everything seems supersized. A friend brought me strawberries which I swear were the nicest I've ever had.

Have a great day, all xxx

Morning Suzie, I'm back on CC too as put exactly 1st back on! Seems I just have to sniff something nice and hello to another 1lb!! Yum to the strawberries, adore them:p They're all still dinky link size at our local farm... Must be the monsoon weather here up north!

I've been reading your link to the Britalian blog (thanks for that) how does he make the watermelon salsa? Sounds nice & would like to make it. X

I've been reading your link to the Britalian blog (thanks for that) how does he make the watermelon salsa? Sounds nice & would like to make it. X

Just back from lunch, fresh with the recipe - easy peasy - throw some watermelon, mint torn into bits and some 0% yogurt into a blender. If you want it more runny, add some water :).

I was sure the lunch would be sad but actually it was great, everyone was very jolly, even when we made a toast to our friend (everyone who went knows her well). And I got some great news about my car. I have a UK plated grey Beetle cabriolet with very low mileage, and I love my little car - but have been dreading the thought of driving it back every year for an MOT/vehicle tax to make sure it complies with the UK insurance. BUT it turns out that I can keep my car and simply re-register it here. I'd thought doing this was madly expensive but apparently it's only about €500 - much less than the costs of getting to the UK etc - so that makes me very happy. Plus foind out about cheaper insurance once I do that - Italian car insurance is horribly expensive, probably because they are all such crap drivers! :eek:o_O. One more problem sorted!

That's good new about your car! And cheaper insurance is always a good thing.

I'm glad that the lunch for your friend was a happy occasion, rather than being sombre.

I am back CC'ing too. It seems to be the most logic step forward. And I also need more fruit and veg, and also more lean protein. It's not easy though!

I haven't read your blog in ages! I've just caught up with it, and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Morning all! Sorry for AWOLness, it's been a bit of a week, with one thing and another.

Well, another day, another diet :D. Was talking it all through with friends yesterday, and I've come to the conclusion that I am just too lily livered to do CCing, I need more structure and rules. It occurred to me that one of the reasons I liked CCing was because I could eat virtually unlimited amounts of bread, pizza and all the other forbidden fruit, without consequences. But of course we all know that's not true - and I have had to face up to the fact that there are some things I just can't have. Sigh...

So, starting on Friday it's back to SW. Limit bread and wine, pasta only 2-3 times a week and lots of fruit and veg. I'll give it three months and see how I go.

Sxx

Did a WI this morning where I've put back nearly everything I lost on CC, so have decided to start today - instead of putting things off!

B - tea, soya milk (1 syn)
L - 1.5 sossies (have to guess at the syns, Italian sossies have very little fat in them - but will say 5 to be safe) and salad with yogurt dressing
D - super speed soup; then chicken curry with cauli rice
S - HEB scan bran with HEA cheese; Options drink (2); 2 oat biscuits (6)

Total syns - 14

The soup - they do a great frozen number here called soffrito - onion and carrots cut into small pieces - so that's the base, with frozen minestrone mix, fennel and stock.

First goal is to have lost 3 stone by the end of September. If i do, my treat will be the new Instant Pot 9 in 1, due out about then :).

Last edited:
Back