Susie's 2022 campaign

Bohemian Rhapsody - my favourite song of all time :).

Just back from aperitivi at a friend's house - she always makes too much, so we're all stuffed! Among other things, I had the most gorgeous honey chilli (sounds wrong but was delish!) with pecorino cheese mmmm.

She and her daughter head back to the UK on Monday so and they are coming over with leftovers tomorrow - and to help pack up the kitchen :). I've also found a home for the spiraliser and slow cooker (it's old) with another friend who is coming Monday to pick them up, plus two big bags of clothes and shoes - and then another friend is also coming on Monday to take a load of stuff from the pantry. I've managed to give away loads of books and DVDs - I brought 8 (!) boxes with me and am taking back two. This life laundry stuff is brilliant :D. So we're really making progress now!

Orbit still hisses at Stella, and I don't think that's going to change now, so we'll all just have to live with it :(.

Last edited:
You're making me think I need to get in on this life laundry thing..I am in serious need of a launderette, things are over flowing here! Isn't it funny the things you cart around thinking they're so precious only to realise they're not that important after all.

Ooo the honey chilli sounds interesting, and I love pecorino :p

I cleared out the utility room yesterday and threw out about 100 odd jars and two packets of out of date noodles.

You're making me think I need to get in on this life laundry thing..I am in serious need of a launderette, things are over flowing here!

Shout and I'll come and help :D. It's true though, we hang on to stuff, even though we don't need it. I can promise, it feels very liberating :).

Just waiting for the lads to arrive, my boiler has broken (again!) so hopefully they will be able to fix it. Really want to avoid buying a new one, with five days to go!

How typical is that! Hope they managed to fix it.
I think I might do a blitz of my art drawers as a start, they are well out of hand!
5 days:eek: X

I'm glad you put the word "art" in there :D :D.

Happy days, the boiler is sorted - and we got stuck in to the kitchen and most of it is packed too. Just one or two more boxes, and that's that room done :).

Hello ladies - well I've had a day on the sofa feeling sorry for myself today! Had dinner with friends, with some wine that was really heavy, and then was sick all evening - just too much rich food and wine, I guess, combined with all the stress re the job and move.

Luckily we did a big push in the kitchen before then, so I've only got a few more boxes to sort, then throw clothes and bedding in those big striped plastic laundry bags, and that's it pretty much done.

Collect the pet passport tomorrow too, and get rid of the pantry stuff - should have been today but i was too sick to receive visitors!

Ah no, hope you're alright now Suzie. Have you any idea when they're contacting you tomorrow (or today as it's after 12) about the job? Hope they don't keep you waiting best part of the day.
Excellent that you've finished packing more or less..those stripy bags are brilliant for moving, I've used them on many a move. They used to be the size of a house but I've noticed they've shrunk these days :D X

Good morning ladies!

Well, I shouldn't count my chickens and all that but just got an email about the job - she wants to ring me this afternoon with what she says she hopes is good news - which i'm guessing means I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read it and burst into (happy) tears! This means everything for a good future - a great job, just around the corner from home, i can pay all the bills and get some money in the bank - instead of the opposite - potentially losing my flat and all that.

Will confirm later - but just wanted to thank you all so much for the support, this forum is blooming brilliant! xxxxxx

Amazing news....isn't life strange the way things just fall.into place.

Ooo isn't that just so absolutely whizz bangs:stickdance:London is where you're meant to be sis X

:bestwishes:Susie
Just to say so happy for you. I have been following quietly! Have been on this forum since the best part of my old age and do not post a lot. Remember you from way back though. Cheers for the future!!

I am soooo happy for you Suzie:woohoo:how fantastic not having to worry about how to make ends meet. You timed your return at the perfect time:wee: X

Hello darlings! I'm exhausted - been running about all day getting last minute things sorted.

Problems with Stella's passport because I left it too late to get her rabies shot (you need it done 21 days before they travel) - but my wonderful vet has backdated the paperwork that I need to take to the vetenario office tomorrow, gawd bless her! Also got rid of LOADS of stuff today including @Tibbs the hard egg boiler and the spiralizer! Did a run to the recycling bins, dropped off glass bottles at a friend's house, got my Three sim card organised, packed a bit more and then had my farewell lunch - gorgeous food - 5 courses, plus wine, coffee and liquers for €20 - and then the others paid for me anyway :D.

Phew - am now having an anti stress medicinal vino or two. I didn't drink at lunch or dinner last night, felt a bit squiffy when i smelled the wine - hope I'm not becoming allergic to it :eek: because I've just bought 20 litres (plus ciggies - half the price of the UK).

Tomorrow - up with the birds to get this passport finally sorted (oh please!), then to the lawyer in Lanciano to get the utility paperwork sorted, back home to do more packing - and then relax!

Back