Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh that's hilarious. I assume it's a large black one too...

Hope you got some sleep and found a nice clock.

I actually made a few a few years ago, not like you're looking for though, painted canvas boards with a clock mechanism added. I have one in my family area in the kitchen. I might have to make some more...

So true ChilliQueen. Ladyfelsham you sound as though you have a very good SW consultant who talks about how things are in the real world. I and guilt were best friends. I would be guilty I'd eaten such rubbish then I would feel I needed a pick me up so of course I found that in food. Again I would be guilty . I was in this revolving door not able to get away from the guilty. This cycle takes some breaking. But getting a leg ulcers after getting cellulitis in both legs in less than 6 weeks was the start of me changing my bad habit

But getting a leg ulcers after getting cellulitis in both legs in less than 6 weeks was the start of me changing my bad habit

Yes that's exactly how I feel @purpleorc - never going to be in the state I was in last year, ever again! And how wonderful it is for us to have such a great aim - lose weight, eat more healthily, be fitter - it's all to play for!

Well I've had a wonderful 3lb loss overnight!!! Not sure how, but let's hope it keeps going down for WI next Wednesday, that's my 1st stone on SW :D.

B - coffee
L - HEB toast, Marmite and HEA cheese
D - feta salad, berries, maybe some soup if it gets cold

Have a lovely day all x

Yes that's exactly how I feel @purpleorc - never going to be in the state I was in last year, ever again! And how wonderful it is for us to have such a great aim - lose weight, eat more healthily, be fitter - it's all to play for!

Well I've had a wonderful 3lb loss overnight!!! Not sure how, but let's hope it keeps going down for WI next Wednesday, that's my 1st stone on SW :D.

B - coffee
L - HEB toast, Marmite and HEA cheese
D - feta salad, berries, maybe some soup if it gets cold

Have a lovely day all x
Couldn't have said it better. I went through so much pain, daily dressing I dreaded. I couldn't sleep cos it hurt too much. Took me nearly a year to sleep in a bed rather than a chair. I needed so much help. My hubby is my carer but I can normally do a bit but for months needed everything doing for me. So this was a big incentive to get myself healthier.

I am really pleased for you and your 1 stone lost that is something to be proud off. Plus u will get another award. I need to lose 1 more pound for 3 1/2 lost.

Your menu for the day shaping up nicely. I had for dinner roast beef , roasted crushed new potatoes, steamed veg, broccoli, Brussels and string beans. Tea is a sandwich thin with salad and lean corned beef. I then have fresh fruit salad for afterwards

I need to lose 1 more pound for 3 1/2 lost.

You will so get that at your next WI! And thanks @ChilliQueen - let's see if I can hang on to it until next week :D :D.

Well it's been a lovely day (apart from the very sad news about Helen McCrory, way too young) - have done over 2200 steps so far, which is terrible for someone with normal mobility, but great for me :). I got out and about, then had a scheduled call with my respiratory consultant who confirmed I don't have sleep apnoea, which I'm delighted about (no CPAP mask etc). Got to B&M and bought cat food, cat treats, cat litter and Skinny bars - says it all, really :D.

Food has been great today too -

B - coffee
L - HEB wholemeal toast with Marmite and an HEA cheese single
D - HEA feta salad, no dressing
S - 4 Skinny choc chip cookies @2.5 syns each (10), plus 2 Skinny bars (8), Clems, apple, tea

So happy, looks like the lovely Spring weather is going on for at least another week. Sunshine, a bit of breeze, the sea - ahhhh 💕. Always lifts my spirits x

You will so get that at your next WI! And thanks @ChilliQueen - let's see if I can hang on to it until next week :D :D.

Well it's been a lovely day (apart from the very sad news about Helen McCrory, way too young) - have done over 2200 steps so far, which is terrible for someone with normal mobility, but great for me :). I got out and about, then had a scheduled call with my respiratory consultant who confirmed I don't have sleep apnoea, which I'm delighted about (no CPAP mask etc). Got to B&M and bought cat food, cat treats, cat litter and Skinny bars - says it all, really :D.

Food has been great today too -

B - coffee
L - HEB wholemeal toast with Marmite and an HEA cheese single
D - HEA feta salad, no dressing
S - 4 Skinny choc chip cookies @2.5 syns each (10), plus 2 Skinny bars (8), Clems, apple, tea

So happy, looks like the lovely Spring weather is going on for at least another week. Sunshine, a bit of breeze, the sea - ahhhh 💕. Always lifts my spirits x
Sad news about Helen McCrory I liked her as an actress taken all too soon 52 is no age.

I see you eat skinny bars. I love the skinny whips bars for treats. I have a few things I use as treats depending on how many syns I have to play with. I always ensure I have syns left over for treats stops me from straying and keeps me on plan.

Helen was so young. What a loss.

I've just caught up on your diary, Lady F. What a beautiful place to walk. I'm not walking very far at all. I'll add more in as the weather improves.

Edited to add: How annoying about the sink. At least it will be in next month.

Thanks @AliGal I've adapted pretty well to not having a kitchen - it's only for a short time, and will make the end result even better :).

@purpleorc I love the Skinny bars. Their Rocky Road is exactly the same as the SW one and half the price! I think I like the blood orange ones the best - what's your favourite? I was so excited to find the entire range in the B&M I nearly did a little dance in the aisle lol - lfe in the fat lane :D.

Well Team Fab I had a huge layabout in bed after a very disturbed night - I didn't have a nap yesterday and a bit of fresh air and hoped it would zonk me out, but my pattern of sleep is definitely reducing - the sleep consultant i spoke to yesterday says sadly it's just part of getting older in most cases. Really felt like more zzz at 8am, and luckily i was able to do that once I'd put fresh food in the cats' plates - they are very good and don't carry on at the door, just go back to sleep themselves. . Once I get another contract that will all change - applied for two roles yesterday, but got enough savings to see me through for about 8-9 months if I'm careful, and I;m bound to get something soon. Once the flat sells, I won't have to worry about money too much! Got a viewing today, cross fingers she loves it and rushes off to make an offer :D.

B - nothing
L - HEB wholemeal toast with Marmite and 1 HEA cheese, plus coffee
D - was going to have maple pork belly slices but they are 10 syns per 100g omg - so will stick to the Aldi 5% burgers - free (I'll have the slices on Wed if I lose weight. that's my one night of the week for ignoring syns) - and got lots of toms, carrots and spinach to use up
S - last of the berries, Skinny bars, Walkers toffees - for 2 syns each for the licorice ones, I think they are good syn value - lots of chewing :D.

Enjoy your day!

I think my favourite is the minted chocolate of the skinny range. But of the ones I have tried I have liked them all but off bounds today and for next few days. I am on a soft diet had an extraction this morning and stitches. Due to fact I am on a blood thinner called warfarin I have a higher risk of a bleed. Mouth killing now as it has triggered trigeminal neuralgia (a nerve in your face than branches into 3 parts the coating around the nerve called the myelin sheath has deteriorated in my case possibly due to Multiple sclerosis) so popping pills today

I feel for you having a poor sleep pattern having had a small taste of a dreadful pattern of sleep with my leg ulcer. Much better now. But since the menopause I just don't sleep as well I average 5 hours now.

Your menu sounds nice. I had a minted lamb shank for 1 syn. Super soft and very tasty. With mashed potatoes no butter etc but seasoned well. Mased Swede seasoned. Then a selection of steamed veg. Was ready as had quark for breakfast with 11g of options chocolate 1.5 syns mixed in. Then berries for speed helps my sweet tooth.

Making some chicken stock at minute from chicken bones in readiness make a soup. Will add a very large bag of veg I chopped up. Thicken with mashed potatoes and add seasoning to taste. Will pop back any chicken I can strip from bones into soup. Will last me 3 or 4 days with 3 adults eating it.

I've had a rubbish sleep pattern for years I think it really helps to take the pressure off yourself to have a 'normal' pattern. So what if you sleep at different times to most, or take naps. You still sound like you have a productive life. I think I found the more I tried the less I slept so I gave up...

I took a night job deliberately because I thought 'I'm awake anyway' and it's changed my sleep in a positive way. Because I now sleep at the times that seem to suit me better, and also I go over 24 hours without sleep on my first night on it seems to reset me in a way and I sleep better. Then after a run of busy nights changing over to days I sleep better again. The effects are only temporary, but across a period of time I've realised that I might still not sleep as much, as often or as well as most - but I definitely sleep more and better than I did!

So take the pressure off. Sleep when you feel like it when you can.

Good luck with the flat viewing! fingers crossed!

take the pressure off. Sleep when you feel like it when you can.

I love it, great advice! Over November/December I was doing 2 1/2 full time contracts (crazy time, but I was really worried about money so took on every job i was given!), and I loved working in the middle of the night - was really productive. Now I like reading, listening to audiobooks and playing games on the iPad, and I've got a mini portable DVD player with Bluetooth (got it from Amazon US, you can't seem to get bluetooth ones here) so I've got lots i can do.

But for now I'm googling mini ovens because my micro convection conmbi oven just went kaboomb! I'd never used the convection function before, and was uber careful to follow the instructions, and used a ceramic dish - but a few mins in it went bang and smoke came out. I've unplugged it and carried it outside just in case, and it's still in warranty (just) so hopefully it can be replaced or refunded. I ended up dry frying the Aldi burgers (which were gorgeous!) and chopped them up in a warm salad with toms and spinach and Skinny ketchup - and it was yummy and very filling.

If they replace it I'll just use it as a microwave (it's a Sharp flat bed one, I really like the flat bed and the lid pulls down instead of opening to the side), and get a mini oven with an air fryer - there's some lovely ones about. And I've got the CleverChef too, which i love. Put the Tefal Actifry on FB Marketplace but no takers so far, so will whack it on eBay too.

Last edited:
Thumbs up for Sharp Customer Services, a very helpful young guy sorted out a replacement/refund code for Argos - which got a thumbs down for first saying it would deliver a new one tomorrow and then sending me no less than NINE texts and emails to say it was cancelled, it was back on, it was cancelled...I rang and got onto someone who is unaware of the word "service" and was as helpful as a chocolate teapot! So at this stage I have to wait for their 'Response Team' to ring...and in the meantime I've got the portable induction hob and a toaster standing between me and Just Eat! :D :D.

B - coffee
L - toast, Marmite and HEA cheese
D - Mug Shot (3 syns oh dear), then smashed potatoes with baked beans, herbs and cheese - if I'm hungry

Got ready meals out to defrost overnight so i can chuck them in a pan tomorrow x

Last edited:
Forgot about my wonderful CleverChef - chucked frozen veg, a can of potatoes (slightly mashed), a can of baked beans and a handful of spinach - and it was done in 10 minutes! A small amount of reduced fat grated cheddar, and we're away. Yum!

That's awful service from Argos.

You guys are leading me astray. I've been off and explored Skinny bars - sadly too high carb for me. I know I'd not stop at one.

Then I went and explored Clever Chef and liked what I found. Then I looked at Ninja foodies which can pressure cook and dehydrate as well as. Then I found little sets of accessories .... dehydrating racks, loaf tins, silicone bun tray and more. How did I not know I needed one? And I can't have one.....

@AliGal welcome to the world of wonderful kitchen gadgets :D. I yack on about them endlessly, you'll get used to it lol.

I've had them all - an Instant Pot, a Ninja Foodi, slow cookers - and IMHO the CleverChef is the best - easy to use, heats up so quickly and is really versatile. I love stews, so it's perfect for that. Once I get my replacement Sharp I'm just going to use it as a microwave and will get a mini oven as well. You can get some amazing ones from the States on eBay (yes they ship here, you have to pay duty but it's calculated on eBay for you) which means you can get a newer, more swanky model for the same money as here - so I'm tossing up between these two - the first looks like the Sharp, so will probably plump for that -

I sold the Tefal Actifry today, so only have the Crock Pot digital slow cooker left to sell - although it might be worth me putting it in the cupboard as a backup, after the gadget fail this past week!

So they work on UK electricity currents? Good to that ebay calculates it.

How do you like the foodi? Things that really interest me are cooking crispy bacon, chicken thighs, halloumi and swede chips, making parmesan chips, dehydrating herbs, tomatoes and meat jerky & rendering lard and cooking keto bread - and artichokes!

Back