Susie's 2022 campaign

Turns out the US ones use 120V and I don't want to muck around with converters/transformers - so am going for the Russell Hobbs express air fryer mini oven, it's cheap and cheerful but highly rated, and I can get it tomorrow.

I think you mean the Foodi multi cooker, AliGal? I didn't have one of those, I had the health grill - but it was huge, so i sold it on :). Halloumi and swede chips sound good - how do you make those?

Thanks AliGal.

Just had a lovely lunch - the Aldi 5% burgers, eggs and a slice of reduceed cheese, with coffee - those burgers are a revelation, really lovely! Going to nip down tomorrow and grab some more, plus some of their meatballs.

Got an SW korma meal defrosted and ready to chuck in a pan for tea - so am on target for a 100% on plan day :).

Got a message that the microwave is being picked up later, no idea if he's also dropping off a new one...but the mini oven comes tomorrow, so we'll soon be up to full speed on appliances :D.

Sounds good. I wish Aldi and Lidl put the nutritional values of their own brand on line. I prefer Aldi to Lidl - but as the Aldi is another 15 miles away beyond the Lidl, Lidl it is! And I am very happy to have one so close. Lidl saves me loads compared to Tesco & Sainsbury!

I'm not meal planning - today's lunch is cos lettuce, egg mayo and a thin polish sausage. I got one of those egg boilers 18 months ago- and so have hard boiled eggs much more often. No steamed up kitchen and easier to peel. I'd like a coffee grinder to grind spices. I buy those when I visit my London sister in the big Clapham ASDA or a Lebanese shop in Pimlico.

I have the Ninja complete kitchen - food processor, blender (huge), coffee grinder, etc, but I just buy the already ground cheap stuff from Aldi or Asda. Also got an egg boiler and love it.

So - I'm now the proud owner of a new microwave combi oven, which just got dropped off. Just need to buy a small non stick frying pan and that's me back to a 100% functioning kitchen :D

Impressively tooled up, Lady F. Glad you have a replacement.

I've started buying those grainy new surface mon stick pans. I think they'll last longer.

I like Aldi better than Lidl as well, but my husbands girlfriend works at my nearest one so I don't bother going :rolleyes::roofles:. I actually was going for a while and to begin with never saw her, then the time I did - she couldn't look me in the eye, I just said hello. I don't blame her for my husband being an idiot. Anyway not long after she was off work with stress and anxiety and altho it probably was nothing to do with me I decided to shop elsewhere. I've taken to just using tesco click and collect. I saw Aldi has started click and collect but they're charging £4.50 for it, which I think is a bit much and not competitive. I could go to another Aldi but the others are 30 miles away whereas tesco is only 10.

That was a bit of a ramble wasn't it. I don't even like coffee, which is what you guys were on about haha.

Glad to hear you're all sorted again with your appliances LadyF

That was a bit of a ramble wasn't it. I don't even like coffee, which is what you guys were on about haha.

LOL ramble away, hun!

Microwave is all set up and I finally managed to set the clock after watching a helpful man on YT do it lol, the manual is hopeless. Didn't have a nap today and feel so ready for bed, but will give the cats their evening treats, and then settle down with a book.

Have a lovely evening x

Slept badly for some reason, apart from a very nice dream where a fantasy husband and I went on a holiday to France LOL.

Busy day - groceries from Mr Asda, the mini oven came, and the water company checked a potential blockage (it wasn't). The oven is ok, seems a bit light and flimsy but should do the job for a while - lovely to have an airfryer, I had one of those jug ones in Italy but it was huge and didn't work very well - will give this one a spin later. But first, a nap zzzz.

B - coffee
L - l/o smashed potatoes, baked beans, spinach and green veg
D - Slimwell smoky sausage meal
S - apple, clems, toffees

Have a good one.

It was a smoky BBQ chicken meal - but still very nice :).

Don't expect a loss tomorrow, I've had all sorts of rubbish today, including a small packet of chocolate bickies...this always happens when the shopping is delivered, one of these days I will remember that if it's not in the delivery, I can't eat it!

Thanks AliGal.

Just had a lovely lunch - the Aldi 5% burgers, eggs and a slice of reduceed cheese, with coffee - those burgers are a revelation, really lovely! Going to nip down tomorrow and grab some more, plus some of their meatballs.

Got an SW korma meal defrosted and ready to chuck in a pan for tea - so am on target for a 100% on plan day :).

Got a message that the microwave is being picked up later, no idea if he's also dropping off a new one...but the mini oven comes tomorrow, so we'll soon be up to full speed on appliances :D.
I really like both the mentioned burgers and meatballs from Aldi. I have before now when doing a slimming world cooked breakfast used a burger instead of sausage, then using mushrooms as speed. Or my personal favourite for speed with a cooked breakfast is finely diced bell peppers and leeks. I sauté them until soft. sounds a bit weird but I really like this combo. I really must make a conscious effort to go to Aldi and top up on mentioned items.

That sounds delish Purpleorc!

I'm happily shocked to report a 3lb loss and my first stone on SW woohoo!

Goal for this week is to drink more water, in water form and not in tea form!

B - coffee
L - SW chips and egg :)
D - ready meal, not sure which one yet
S - a few little WI treats maybe - or perhaps I'll be good and have fruit x

I am really pleased for you. Congratulations on weight loss and reaching a stone lost :woohoo:

Your menu sounds good today. I have just had Hasselback potatoes. Then steamed celery/ sprouting broccoli/ mashed swede/parsnips/leeks with Turkey steak cooked with peppers and spring onions. Served with sw gravy.

Tea is a sandwich thin with salad and lean ham. With a fresh fruit salad for afterwards.

Treats today is a pkt of puff hula hoops and an light alpen bar.

Oh yum to your menu! I've always wanted to try Hasselback potatoes but been too lazy lol.
Tis a little labour intensive. Been having mashed potatoes last few days as had an extraction of a tooth with stitches. I am on a blood thinner hence the stitches.so pushed the boat out.

Thanks Chilli! Can't wait for group tomorrow :D.

Feeling stuffed, had the SW spicy meatballs meal with HEA cheese and it was lovely. Might try and recreate it in the CleverChef if i can get some of the Aldi meatballs tomorrow. Those meals are definitely worth having, I so didn't feel like cooking but knew if I didn't have a proper meal I'd be eating rubbish all night!

Thanks Chilli! Can't wait for group tomorrow :D.

Feeling stuffed, had the SW spicy meatballs meal with HEA cheese and it was lovely. Might try and recreate it in the CleverChef if i can get some of the Aldi meatballs tomorrow. Those meals are definitely worth having, I so didn't feel like cooking but knew if I didn't have a proper meal I'd be eating rubbish all night!
Well done on making the effort to cook a healthy meal rather than take the easy option. I am sure it will pay dividends on the scales. sure does sound good spicy meatballs.

Yesterday's meatballs were an SW ready meal hun lol - and plans to get to Aldi haven't panned out, as I've had some work come in, so need to focus on that first. Got plenty of food in the fridge and freezer anyway - and must stay on plan and keep syns low, a SWI this morning shows the figure has jumped up again!

B - coffee
L - pork loin with spinach
D - chicken supreme (SW meal)
S - Skyr coconut yogurt (1) - I don't like this thick yogurt much, not sure why I bought it LOL / apple / Clems

Lovely day here, hope to get down to the beach later.

Yesterday's meatballs were an SW ready meal hun lol - and plans to get to Aldi haven't panned out, as I've had some work come in, so need to focus on that first. Got plenty of food in the fridge and freezer anyway - and must stay on plan and keep syns low, a SWI this morning shows the figure has jumped up again!

B - coffee
L - pork loin with spinach
D - chicken supreme (SW meal)
S - Skyr coconut yogurt (1) - I don't like this thick yogurt much, not sure why I bought it LOL / apple / Clems

Lovely day here, hope to get down to the beach later.
I have yet to try the coconut skyr. I like quark with 11g of options Belgian chocolate my favourite it salted caramel then I top with berries for speed. Quark is free food but u have to syn the salted caramel which is 1.5 syn. Really yummy and nice as a dessert.

I sure you figures will come down. Mine go up and down like a yoyo. My lunch today was roasted mini potatoes with all purpose seasoning. Gammon joint served hot. Then 4 speed veg and homemade syn free gravy.

I hope you managed to get to beach as weather been lovely but wind chilly.

Last edited:
Back