Susie's 2022 campaign

Ah well don't count your chickens is the key thing to take out of today - Ikea has sent the wrong sink cabinet and I can't get a new one until 1 May - so am without a kitchen for another 3 weeks. Can't be helped, and it's nothing in the bigger picture, but I also can't get in to the freezer because there's loads of heavy tiles in front of it, so can't get in to my SW food...needless to say, I'm indulging in some very bad food, but it's only for tonight.

Pleased workmen arrived today. When having kitchen done not so easy to prepare home cooked food. I recollect when ours was done. I microwaved meals I had prepared in advance. But I was so pleased when ours was done as I swear our kitchen that was installed when we moved in had been installed by bodge it and scarper :rotflmao:

Morning all

After a little self pity party last night (caused partly by guilt over the fish AND burger that I had) , I've got my upbeatness mojo back - the sun is shining, Absolute 80s is blaring out and I realised I can use the wrong cabinet as a replacement vanity for the bathroom, so I feel like I've not wasted so much money. I've moved things about so it's all easier to get to for the next three weeks, and I'm going to keep cleaning stuff out - a bit of life laundry always makes me feel better :).

B - coffee
L - SW meal
D - ditto
S - fruit, yogurt

Have a fabulous day x

oh dear sorry about the sink cabinet issue, but good on you for finding a use for it, and for making things livable for the moment. And you didn't do as badly as you might with food either :)

Morning all - delighted to report an STS!

So happy with that, and now the makeshift kitchen is more or less set up, hopefully i can stay on plan, with the help of SW and Aldi meals (which are cheaper and a max of 2 syns).

For those doing SW, I just found out that Aldi is also now doing cut up chips ready to bake, like the SW ones, but again, much cheaper.

B - coffee
L - SW beef tagliatelle
D - Birds Eye fish with tomato sauce, and SW chips, plus salad
S - Clems, toffees (2 each)

Have a great day - so sunny here today, it's wonderful, going for a drive later x

Thankyou for the tip regarding Aldi and the cheaper version of sw chip. Great to have in for when time is limited or you just can't be bothered 🤣 just ate my lunch of chicken cooked with red bell peppers and spring onions and steamed veg with sw gravy yummy but eyes bigger than belly lol

Sounds lovely! Same here with the tagliatelle - it was yummy, and one SW serve is a big one, I really should have stopped 3-4 mouthfuls before i finished it off. I'm convinced it's from childhood, the whole "clear your plate" conditioning that leads to overeating...

I was brought up with that mentality of leaving no food on your plate and so tough to break those ingrained habits. I am trying really hard to break those habits. I changed my plate to a much smaller one so less food on a plate made a difference for me.

Good thinking! I've been using the SW pots the meals come in to eat out of (I know, absolutely no class, me LOL) but should maybe try and split them into two and fill the rest with veg or salad. Hmmm, will that actually happen? :classic_roll_eyes:

But in a huge NSV for me - I went for not one but two walks today - not far, but it's a big thing for me to walk anywhere. First to the bank, and then to a cliffpoint called Noses Point which overlooks Blast Beach - got a skimmed milk coffee, sat, sipped, breathed in the wonderful sea air, and then went a few hundred yards and back. Going to do that every day if I can, when the weather is good, and slowly build up my fitness - until I'm able to get down on the beach! Don't know if it was the fresh air but I am starving! Going to be good and make a feta salad.

1618411854789.png

What a beautiful area, you live near to. I live in the suburbs of a city so nothing so pretty. I am at the minute am undertaking physio every day. After a year of literally sitting in a chair bearly able to move due to a leg ulcers the biggest being 5 inches by 4 inches after cellulitis in both legs. So gradually I am getting fitter but I know I running no marathons because I have MS. I have started to use a vibration plate as well as part of my daily exercise regime.

I cook all my meals from scratch I wherever appropriate have four veg mostly speed. A very small portion of potatoes. Then I make my own syn free gravy for the week. Freezing portions for later in the week. I try to keep my meals low in syns so I have syns for treats such as popcorn or low syn crisps. Keeps me on straight and narrow. Plus I have some each day to look forward to.

Oh my goodness @purpleorc you poor love, leg ulcers are horrible!

I have an idea of what you're going through as I had venous ulcers suddenly burst all over both lower legs last year, had cellulitis five times, and fungal infections that took months to clear up, with daily dressings and painful scraping back - urgghhh I'm so glad that's behind me now, and it's one of the inspirations I have for losing weight, I am never going to have that happen again.

I have compression socks to help with the circulation problems and it's so important that I start trying to walk, even a little bit, but my knees are really painful and so I just haven't been walking anywhere at all - but that's been making things much worse. So even though it hurts, any bit of exercise I do is all helpful - and that's why I'm all cock a hoop at the bit of walking I did today :D :D :D

Well done on the vibration plate too, I did have one but it hurt my knees too much and now I'm not allowed to use one (Afib). You will get there hun, even though it might seem like progress is slow. I look back at pictures of my legs and am so thankful they have healed, even if they look all lumpy and horrible,. The compression socks make a difference, flatten out all the scarring and bumps, and make the angry reddish-purple colour in my legs much better - so have resigned myself to wearing them every day - if I can find some that don't cut my circulation off altogether! If you don't already have some, you can get them through the NHS, they measure you specially.

It sounds like you take a mostly SP approach to SW? I lost over 5 stone a few years ago by doing that, but it was hard going without bread - so I'm including it now, and pasta, and accepting that losses will be slower. I'll get back to cooking from scratch when my kitchen is built in May - at the moment I have no oven, the microwave is on the kitchen table and prep space is about the size of a handkerchief- so that's why I'm having SW ready meals at the moment LOL.

Last edited:
The Birds Eye fish was a bit nasty, which was a shame - I'm really fussy with fish as I'm allergic to a lot of it. It was pollock but very dry, so wont get it again - but the feta salad I had with it was yummy!

Having some berries now - it happens every time, I defrost a whole bag and then have trouble eating it. Must break the bags up into smaller containers when I first buy them!

Cup of tea in a bit and some toffees (2 syns each) - have only had 2 syns, and I can eat about 3-4 toffees and that's enough (or my jaws are sore from all the chewing lolol).

For tea I make a pizza using a wrap from ww followed by fresh fruit salad. Using Hex A for mozzarella cheese. I then syn the pineapple and chutney I use.

I am definitely not a fish lover never have been. Today I have used 12 syns a bit higher than normal cos of pizza but nice treat on plan. I am luckier than most my hubby following same plan as me so I have great support

Susie that beach looks amazing, i am so jealous

well done for the walks and you know I think you're doing great for still sticking to plan even though you've no proper kitchen for a few weeks. A LOT of people would have said oh well I'll start again once I get the kitchen back and would have gone off the rails, so you've done a great job.

The beach does look lovely, we've a beautiful one a short drive away I love going with the dog but I prefer it quiet, it will be busier at the moment as our kids are still on school hols.

Afternoon all and thanks for your nice comments.

Another cracking day here. Didn't get to the beach, but sold a smart watch on M'Place and delivered it to the lady, about 30 mins away, then popped in to see a friend (who said my face was definitely slimmer, yaye!).

Stopped at Aldi on the way home and had a good walk around it, the knees were protesting by the time I got back in the car. I got some of their Slimwell meals, and unfortunately some caramel squares....which I've devoured, about 3 days's worth of syns in one go. However, i'm not going to do the guilt thing, I just find that so counter productive, and on the cal front I'm about the same as if I'd had a proper big lunch (which I didn't). It happened, it will happen again, but I'm not bothered, as long as I mostly stay on plan.

If i'm hungry later, I'll have the rest of the feta salad for tea, and maybe some berries - and that's it for today, and no syns for a few days!

I am sure your plan to have no syns for a few days will go someway to counteracting the caramel squares. I agree with you about not feeling guilty as this does not do anything to help.

It must booster your confidence that your friend can now see your weight loss. None of my family or friends have seen me since I lost the weight. They don't know i have lost any weight so i think it will surprise them. At the minute I have dropped 2 dress sizes. It is nice I can buy from a lot more shops instead of going to only plus size shop and premium prices. Been nice to buy a few new garments to reward my efforts

Oh what a lovely surprise they will all have @purpleorc!

Had a really interesting SW image therapy group tonight - the consultant was talking about exactly this stuff, how our subconscious takes over, we eat to get the dopamine, and when we eat badly we beat ourselves up with guilt, in a way that we'd never dream of speaking to someone else - but we do it to ourselves all the time. She said it's best to give yourself permission to have off plan food every now and then, and refuse to feel guilty about it the next day.

On that positive note, I'm off to bed! x

I think your consultant is spot on, we live in the real world not in a rule book and there is a balance to be struck.

She is the best consultant I've had, very perceptive.

Well it's now nearly 2.30am, woke up boiling hot, thought I'd left the heating on - not a hot flush with sweat, just hot. Don't you just love menopause...

So I'm sitting here in my singlet top looking at clocks on eBay. I want a large black station clock for the kitchen - and nearly spat my tea out because one seller didn't check their listing title properly and is selling something rude, ie without the crucial "l" in the word :D :D. Appealed to my immature mind LOL.

Back