Susie's 2022 campaign

it will probably work out cheaper to do chicken that way. We usually have a chicken and it does us 2 meals but there are 3 of us. I also buy the frozen uncooked chicken it's quite good for making curry etc.

Hope things work out with the gardener, people could at least let you know they can't come, or say from the start that it might be another day and just work around the weather.

The gardener looks an old fashioned sort of chap, not even sure he owns a mobile lol. I waited long enough and thought if he arrived when I was asleep, then bad luck him. I can always check with the neighbour to see how they communicate.

Been a fab day so far - phone ringing hot with a job interview tomorrow (the one with the nice salary) and two other jobs an agent thought I'd be interested in, all very encouraging.

My inner workings are still a little bit uncomfortable, who knows what caused it. I'm peckish but can't decide what to have but might just stick to toast, no spicy meals and no dairy for today. WI tomorrow night and am trying to reconcile myself to a gain from jumping on the SW scales for the first time :eek:.

And now I've got another interview tomorrow morning...loving it! :)

Food - more or less on plan lol -

B - coffee
L - pasta n sauce (2.5) and B sandwich with banana
D - stewed steak, green medley and pilau rice (1) and Prim Light (A)
S - apple, orange, 6 gingernuts (10) = 14

Have a good night x

LOL thanks. Did one interview this morning but withdrew from the other one because I've also been offered a contract with a charity I've worked with before - no interview, and not very pressured - so it's a no brainer for me, as I'm trying to get away from stressy jobs now and start winding down. The money is pants but covers my outgoings (not spending) so I'll manage, and will hopefully get case study work in to supplement it.

Weigh in at 5pm so just had my one meal until then, the l/o from last night's dinner, really nice, will definitely make it again. Plus an apple.

Expecting a gain - partly from the difference between home and SW scales.

Last edited:
you're right to choose calm over money, we all need some but I've realised we don't need as much as I'd thought before.

Remember any gain tonight isn't 'real' you've still lost every single pound you've logged over the time you've been doing it!

Thanks Chilli! It wasn't as bad as I anticipated - half a pound on but that's fully clothed and with shoes, so probably lost 2lbs - hopefully I'll have a good week and get a loss next week. Great to be back in group, if a little weird.

Did my treat night and had a small bag of chips - and they were delicious! :D.

Morning all

A nice sunny day here, with no rain forecast for a change - and it's going to be a great day, I've decided! :D. The smaller cat seems to be over the worst of her latest bout of cystitis TG, and I've got catnip coming today, to hopefully calm both cats down and make home life more harmonious. I did contemplate finding the older one a new home, but I just can't do it. I've had her for 10 years!

The tum protested a bit about the fat in the chips last night! But I'm feeling quite hungry this morning. Just having my usual coffee, and then I'll probably have my B toast - after a quick Teams chat with what I hope will be my new boss for the next three months. I know him well already, so am hoping it's just a formality and he's happy to give me the contract.

Like a lot of us i do often think about changing to other eating plans, and always prefer doing keto in warmer months - but I do like going to group as well. It occurred to me last night in a eureka moment that if I fancy a quick change there's nothing to stop me doing that but still keep popping along to SW, where I can get the weigh in and the friendships - and they don't need to know that I've jumped ship and gone over to keto, which is what I'm thinking of doing for a bit. SW has a plan called SP, which is low carb in its basic approach, but still low fat - and to my mind the fat is the key element in keto. I'm eating very little pasta, and the only thing I'd really miss is bread. My old nemesis! Not fully decided yet - but I'm not sure why I didn't realise something so simple before! :D :D.

What's everyone doing for the Bank holiday? Very quiet here, a couple of drives, some reading, that's on my agenda.

Last edited:
Great news on just 0.5lbs on and great you have lots of interviews going on.

This weekend is suppose to be a hot one so no doubt we will have lots of visitors to our beach. Which means lots of rubbish left behind.

I will be staying home and just pottering around in the garden. Althou I do have lots of painting to do now the radiators are all in and working.:)

Yay for the radiators being fitted Mary! I need to take 2 off soon for decorating, but I'm being lazy lol.

I don't think it's a holiday weekend in Scotland, but in any case I'm working from Tomorrow night for 5 nights so I'll not be up to much. I did order weed killer for the garden so may start that.

Double yaye re the radiators, @Mary2020 - I know getting my boiler properly cleaned has made all the difference here!

Well the job madness continued - agreed the contract wth the charity, then got offered both jobs I interviewed for - how lovely to be wanted :D. The second one I've said no to (didn't have any rapport with the woman I'd be working for, to put it politely) - and originally I also said no to the first one because I'd committed to the charity. Then the first one rang this afternoon to see if I could work for them part time as well as the other role - which is doable (the charity role isn't very demanding and some can be done after hours). Just need to get the charity's ok, will find out tomorrow. The more money in the better, is my approach at the moment, after 6 weeks of not earning.

For some reason I don't have much in the way of ingredients for main meals, so had my last SW ready meal (lush - meatballs and spicy sauce, very nice, not too spicy) earlier and ordered another's week's worth, due tomorrow. Works out the same £ as a normal shop for me, but without leftovers. Also having a banana sandwich, and a yogurt, an apple and an orange, so a very low syn day - and then will head to bed and Merge Tales :D.

Yay for the radiators being fitted Mary! I need to take 2 off soon for decorating, but I'm being lazy lol.

I don't think it's a holiday weekend in Scotland, but in any case I'm working from Tomorrow night for 5 nights so I'll not be up to much. I did order weed killer for the garden so may start that.

I'm just going to paint around my radiators this year don't want to cause any leaks after just getting them all leak free.

I think it'll just be the charity work, they want me to do 4 days a week but changed the pay scale so it's more take home pay which is fab! I've offered the other organisation 1 day a week, doubt they will go for it but either way it's a win win for me :).

Lunch was lush - 4 Linda McC sossies (2), an Asda low cal ready meal (7), rice and green medley veg, all thrown together and has made 4 serves, so a total of 2.5 syns a serve - in a small bowl, but makes a huge serving. I thought I was still hungry after the first lot and dolloped more out and...I can't eat it lol. Full as a bull (as they say in NZ). So back in the serving dish it goes, for later or tomorrow.

Got an Iceland delivery coming shortly, lots of meals to choose from! Trying to avoid bread today, had a jippy tum the last few days and I wonder if it's the wholemeal supermarket loaf I've been eating?

B - coffee
L - the above (2.5), orange, yogurt (0.5)
D - an SW meal, apple x2 maybe

Glorious day here, hope it's the same where you are x

Later - was reading about the potential dangers in reheating rice and freaked myself out, so I polished off the cold lunchtime l/overs for dinner. Still nice.

I've gone way over syns today thanks to choc caramel squares in my Iceland order - will try and keep syns low from now on until Thursday!

Last edited:
Afternoon all - a sleep in after a disturbed night (weird nightmares), but it is my last couple of days off before getting back into work so why not? :D

Yesterday ended up being terrible syn wise, another self sabotage moment, demolished some choc caramel squares that i should not have ordered, precisely because of this. Don't think it had a trigger, it was just greed! Trying not to feel ashamed of myself and just draw a line under it - but it's not easy, is it?

B - nothing
L - B wholemeal rolls (+6) with A cheese and 2 L McC sossies (1), tea, apple
D - syn free SW meal

Overcast here, with rain threatening - such a shame after yesterday.

Last edited:
Been a hot day here. :)

Tut tut ordering those Caramel squares. Not that I can talk as over the last 12 weeks with a Nutritionist I have put on 1/2 stone. Was going to do another 100 hours with her but I need to get back eating like I use to. I know now what triggers my binges and what doesn't help my sinuses so I can control that myself. Going to have a couple of days away as it's half term then back to it.:)

Tut tut indeed :D

Only remembered today, I'm supposed to do a food diary for group on Thursday, so it's going to be a slight work of fiction, I won't remember everything (good or bad) that I've eaten!

Nice and sunny again but not achieved much except for a few nice chats with friends, etc - having fun looking at European homeswap websites and dreaming of holidays. I did a few swaps quite a few years ago, and it's a fabulous idea in principle, but takes a lot of work to find that one week or month or whatever that you and the person swapping with can both do. But once the flat sells I know two things - I'm going to have a break down the south coast and check out holiday homes to buy; and two, am going to get home to NZ for Christmas! (as long as we're not in lockdown again!!).

B - A cheese on toast
L - SW chorizo meatballs and pasta pot - nice
D - SW korma, I think

Think I may have to stop eating wholemeal bread, I think it's the culprit of the sudden tummy issues I've been having latel, and also broccoli, strangely enough (sorry if tmi!). Once my kitchen is finished (whenever that is...) I'm going to try a week or two of LC and see how I get on.

You sure you don't have ibs?

I was having and still do if I'm not careful on what I eat. Broccoli and cauliflower are things I can't eat as they give me gas which then gives me stomach ache and you work out the rest. Same with Gluten.

Been a lovely sunny day here. Potted around in the garden then sat in garden room. Was going to read but fell sleep.:rolleyes:

You sure you don't have ibs?

I was having and still do if I'm not careful on what I eat. Broccoli and cauliflower are things I can't eat as they give me gas which then gives me stomach ache and you work out the rest. Same with Gluten.

Oh I hadn't thought about IBS, thanks for the suggestion. I know I really suffered the other day after a big dish of lentil dhal, not sure if that's connected - it's so strange, I'm sitting there perfectly OK, no gas or anything, then suddenly have to rush to the loo. Time for Google :).

And then time for bed, as I'm back to being a working girl tomorrow!

Back