Susie's 2022 campaign

glad you got a better sleep @ladyfelsham and fingers crossed you can get to NZ.

@GLL sorry lol :cool:

Afternoon all

A little anouncement - I'm moving back to NZ next year. After much discussion with family and friends and much thinking time, I've decided that the time is right to head home. I haven't settled in the NE, I didn't settle in Italy, or when I got back to London - and the things stopping me from going back no longer exist, so it makes sense to do it now before I get older and/or more infirm. The holiday was to see if i was ready for it, but it's a waste of an airfare and the quarantine money to do it now, makes more sense to just make the jump back in one go.

This won't happen until at least June as the cats need to be vaccinated 6 months in advance, so I've got plenty of time to plan out everything that needs doing, which suits me better - and gives me time to plan short breaks around the country to say bye to people from January.

I know I've raised it before but it feels absolutely the right thing to do at this point. I am truly sick of managing everything on my own without family or friends nearby, and I feel very relaxed about the thought of heading back - so, all good! :)

As a result, sleep has been a bit patchy lol - but at least i can nap during the day if need be.

Food - good
B - courgette fritters and fried eggs
L - bacon cheeseburger pie
T - chicken, spinach and celeriac chips
S - none hopefully, trying to stop gobbling the NINE bars, they are so nice - but quite tough to chew, so I do get a sore jaw - which forces me to stop eventually! x

Last edited:
Support is key so sounds like a super sensible plan to me! Plenty of time to sort it all out too!

*grabs megaphone* "Step away from the NINE bars* -end of announcement-
(please do the same for me in a few hours when its son's b'day cake time):rotflmao:

aw @ladyfelsham it seems a shame when you've done so much work to your place, but hopefully it will have added value for when you sell.

You have to do whatever feels right, and by the sounds of it - this obviously feels right to you, so I wish you all the best in your plans.

Thanks guys - the work on the house will pay off, when it comes to eventually selling it. I really enjoy a bit of DIY so let's see what awaits me on the other side!

And I'll still be on Minis of course! xx

Last edited:
Morning all

Up with the larks today and off to the shops - got all I needed and more in the form of Moser Roth chocolate oops - ah well, most meals are pretty low carb so will try and restruct the amount of choc I eat.

Starting to get quotes in for various aspects of the move - the cats are of course four times as £££ as everything else!

Afternoon my lovely :)

Yum on the chocolate. I got some sugar free biscuits (cookies for those on the other side of the pond) so need to go hide them until I get a craving.

Just shove the cats in your hand luggage...I'm sure it will be fine :rotflmao:

Oh gosh if only!

They have to have a rabies shot at least 6 months before travel, then a rabies blood test one month later, plus flu and enteritis, then something else, and then something else, and repeat - and then when they land in Auckland, they go into quarantine for 10 days - and that's another £1000. I can feel myself wanting to justify buying a business class ticket and saying what the heck! :)

£1000 for 10 days quarantine!!! that's insane!

But I know if I went anywhere I'd have to take my dog too. I couldn't imagine not having her. I hope you can work it all out.

There are lots of pet transporter companies, so it will all run smoothly enough. It's going to total at least £4k for the two - but c'est la vie, they are my babies, so wherever i go, they go too :).

Middle of the night stint here again, but on the plus side I've done two loads of washing and made a turkey bolognese :). Thank goodness the neighbour is hard of hearing. Ooh got some good news, an estate agent acquaintance stopped by, and said the cottage will rent quickly and for about £500 a month, which more or less covers costs - and it turns out I do get a NZ old farts pension - didn't think I was eligible - so life there will be a bit more comfortable than I had thought. Still trying to decide whether I pay off the cottage mortgage or not, so am going to ring a financial advisor in the morning - there's an all-women company that I like the sound of.

Right, back to stir the bolognese!

Last edited:
mmm bolognaise :)

getting proper financial advice sounds important at this point so I think that's a great idea. Fab news you get a bit of a pension over there too!

I've a friend in NZ, the life there sounds amazing, he was trying to talk me into going but I've too many commitments here and that's not likely to change. I love Scotland too... but I'd love to visit NZ one day for a trip at least.

we're all dropping by for the Bolognese lunch, hope that's ok haha

Drop by any time! I'm having some bolognese now for lunch, with a bit of cheese on topp (mmm cheese) and it is very nice. Amazing how edible my meals become when I follow an actual recipe :D :D.

Also - beds always available for guests who make it to NZ.

Been on the phone all morning, with lovely calls to/from people around the globe. Everyone is hugely excited about the move home, and without exception all think it is absolutely the right time to do it - as one said, "It's the universe looking after you - everything is coming together to make it the right and best path for you." Awww 💕 .

LOL I love how I totally avoided 90% of your post and focused on food...wups

maybe getting finances in order is more important than bolognaise

but still....mmmm yummmmmy

I focus on food first too :D.

Had a nap, couldn't be helped even though it means I'll be up during the night, then joined a virutal tour of what was supposed to be of Aswan but was rubbish, some guy droning on about the history (which quite frankly I could get from Google any time) with a camera fixed to one spot, slowly turning showing the same scene over and over! It was a World Virutal Event tour - avoid. Heygo tours are much much better.

Not to worry, I've also got an amazing immersive Van Gogh exhibition tour at 10.15pm - it's in Melbourne :).

Just been reading of your exciting news of moving to New Zealand. It will be wonderful for you to have family and friends close by. Plus you will be taking your loving companions your kitties. I am like you my furry baby my dog would have to come in along wherever I may roam. I am sure their is much to arrange between now and when you depart. Probably a list as long as your arm the things you need to sort out. Look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Morning all - very early morning, in fact, 3am and just waiting for the painkillers to kick in and stop the RLS, which has been bad most of the night. No idea why. can't think of a food trigger.

Looks like the NZ plans are on hold - my brother has since foiund that he can't let me have the barn because the tenant is in a long term, unbreakable contract - and i can't afford to rent anywhere else - so that's that for the next few years until he and my Si|L build their new house which will have space for me next to it.

However, as always, there's Plan B - all of this exercise has made realise that the problem is really living up north, so I'm heading back down to the SE in the New year. Looking at a static home in a really lovely park near Hastings - I love the area, know people there, and the static homes come with 20 year licenses and 50 week stays - so perfect for what i need.

ooh that sounds fabulous!

The Van Gogh exhibition would have been amazing - except that the tour guie kept talking ALL the wy through it, which was incredibly distracting and then just plain annoying - so I left early. Shame, but never mind, I'll be able to see it somewhere in the world one of these days.

Been busy cooking while I've been up - rose harissa beef, smells amazing but also a bit (lot) spicy, so will add Alpro coconut yogurt on top once I serve it up. Also made lemon shortbread cookies, they have come out really well, a bit dark on a couple but I;m sure they will be yummy!

Right, time to try for some sleep.

awww sorry you have a crappy night. Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end.

Plan B seems like a good solution. Actually something I would do :) Huge fan of tiny and small homes. <3

Back