Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all - and thanks for your lovely posts, I am very relieved that little health flutter is over.

The excitement continues, with a visit this afternoon from a mobile optometrist. My eyes have been a bit rubbish for a while now, so I'm really happy to be getting it sorted, and I've seen the perfect pair of specs from an online place for the grand sum of £4.95 :D :D.

Also very happy with a 2lb loss for week 6, which takes my total to 22lbs :). One of the things I've been doing during the night if I can't sleep or have RLS is to cook - so in the early hours I made bacon cheeseburger pie. People rave about it but I thought it was just ok - found the topping (sour cream and eggs beaten together) to be a bit rich. Not to worry, there are four portions in the freezer in case I get the urge for it. mainly leftovers today...
B - bacon cheeseburger pie and coffee
L - steak, crumbled feta and spinach and geeen beans
T - chicken goujons with cauli mash

The sun is streaming through the window and it's lovely and bright and quite warm - which is making me feel a teeny bit better after a friend rang last night to say she's off to St Tropez next week for 10 days. You can really go off people! :D.

your food is always sounding great, even though there are some bits I don't like I'm all up for adapting recipes, I might have to look into KFC when I decide to move on from exante. I don't think I'd like the topping either, but perhaps onions and cheese...

Yay for bargain specs, I'm annoyed because I am increasingly needing mine for craft and reading, and I did have 2 pairs but can't find 1 of them, so now I'm extra paranoid about the 1 pair I can find lol. I have quite a small head, or at least the distance to my ears is relatively small, they always need to adjust the legs quite a lot, so I'm not sure I could just buy them online easily.

I have travel envy too! Hugs

awwwwwh yeaaah Amazing news on the hospital appointment.

your food always sounds so yummy. I'm so lazy with cooking, my food is boring all the time as I just meal prep basics. It does keep me on plan though :D

Also with walking miles around the hospital - think of the calories burnt 😂

Haha @GLL I know, I thought all that walking surely had to show on the scales :D.

Another huge worry (money) is also sorted today - got badly let down by someone but another friend has stepped in and helped out. It's just short term until the flat completes, but means I can now totally relax about money, because things were getting really tight there! So the knots in my tum are finally starting to unravel - wonderful!

Fasted until 1pm, and just had a huge bacon and cheese LC toast club - the bread is very filling, that will easily keep me full until tea, which will be the goujons I didn't make yesterday. Had a baking triumph overnight - made a LC Bakewell Tart in thr wee hours and it is delish! Now I just need to find a LC cookie recipe that's easy, and that's my sweet treats all sorted, without going to lovely but expensive online bakeries.

sounds fab as always you're doing so great on this plan!

and I know how money worries feels, so I am really happy you've found a way to get by until things are sorted.

see, everytime I step into your thread I'm all of a sudden hungry :classic_tongue: the bakewell tart sounds lush!

Was talking with sis in law yesterday about a recipe she saw for lasagne that used cabbage instead of pasta. Defo could work for me so will probs give it a try when I find one of the many recipes that fit my ww plan and my kill all carbs / carbs are evil diabetic way of eating.

Got any ideas of replacements for pasta, rice, potatoes to go with dinners besides just piling on more veg?

@GLL here's some alternatives -

- pasta = spaghetti/other pasta lengths made from veg - eg courgettes, squash, swede
- rice = cauli or broccoli rice - one woman even does cabbage rice, in a food processor I think
- potatoes = all of the above - I particularly like cauli mash, celeriac chips, or halloumi chips mmm

I imagine you could try any of these swaps within WW, particularly as carbs are immensely high in cals and don't have any nutritional value.

For low carb eating, the key is to move away from adding carbs and thinking about having more protein - so I mostly have just some meat or chicken, and sometimes a bit of green veg (steamed or sauteed in butter).

Had an odd start to the day, as in I was absolutely sure it was Monday! I even rang one of my clients to ask about a work related thing, what an idiot - had to then text him to apologise, once my mate pointed out that it is in fact Sunday - all day :D. So then I went back to bed for an hour LOL.

Have to stop making the Bakewell Tart - it's too easy to grab a slice, then another...and I've put on 2lbs, so need to go strict LC until Wednesday now.

Food today -
Brunch - egg and bacon, coffee
Tea - beef and tomato meatloaf, sauteed cabbage
S - NONE lol

Hope you're all well x

cauli rice can be the first test :) will order some from tesco next week unless I get into town again before then. I have some chilli in the freezer that I can have with it.

Also laughing at days mix up....thats so me some days too!

Sitting here feeling so nervous - just waiting for the NZ government entry voucher system to open at 8pm, and then they start virtually allocating them at 9pm our time. it keeps going until they are all gone, which takes about an hour I believe. i haven't got very good odds - about 20% chance - but got to try, I would so love to get home for Christmas!

Got tea, an ice lolly, the last of the Bakewell tart (sooo nice, an so very dangerous) and two squares of 85% chocolate.

Will report back later xx

aww let us know how you got on x

Thanks ladies - sadly, nowhere near for attempt #1. I started off with 12,262 people in front of me and the rooms closed at 6900 in front of me...Some people on the FB page reported getting in on their second go, while others were up to 7 or 8 times - it's just such a crazy system, and Kiwis are calling for the government to at least let returning Kiwis who have been double jabbed to self isolate at home, so there would be much less pressure on the quarantine hotel availability. Some really sad stories too, one woman has missed out on her sister's wedding, another guy was trying to get exemption because his dad has just become terminal and only has a few months to live - but equally there were nice posts from people who'd managed to get through too.

Turns out they are doing these room allocations once a week so i'll just keep on trying!

Not sure why but my RLS kicked off big time tonight too, just can't get it to stop. I've had an hour's sleep and am now wandering about, cleaned the bathroom, sorted out the freezer drawer, etc, because I can only bear to sit down for 5 minutes at a time before it gets bad. But let's take a leaf out of Chilli's book and look for the positives - my house has never been cleaner lol; and I had a really lovely hour long chat with a friend in Melbourne yesterday. He and I go back 25 years - he's a very naughty gay man who refuses to age gracefully, so some of his antics make me laugh so much! :D.

Sorry to hear you didn't get through, that sounds like a ridiculous system :( I think returning kiwi's should surely have priority, I had no idea it was still so difficult to get to places. Good luck with your next attempt.

Sorry to hear the RLS flared up again, your friend sounds fabulous! I don't think any of us should age gracefully!

He is a real hoot - we shared a house together many moons ago, and things were always lively! :D.

Ended up with one whole hour's sleep, until finally RLS eased up and I crashed out (on and off) for another four hours - TG I don't have nights like that every night. Trying some new homeopathic tablets that customers swear by - I'll try anything!

Food - ended up eating more than i should during the night, just to pass the time more than hunger, crazy. So far I've just had a serve of cauli pizza pie. Mr Morrisons comes later yaye, because I'm out of lots of stuff.

I'm making a pile of stuff to frisbee out the window. so far its my scales, your rls, government waiting schemes... anything else while im at it?

Serious note tho, sorry its been a crummy few days for ya sweetie <3

Ah bless ya @GLL i would love you to throw my RLS out the window :D :D

Happily I got a much better sleep last night, and hardly any RLS at all - it's so weird how it's not consistent. Some new herbal tablets for it just arrived, so cross fingers they work well.

Had a good long chat to a NZ travel agent last night and she's going to do the next voucher round for me - agents seem to have a much better success rate, according to the FB groups I'm in, so cross fingers, i think the next one is the 17th. This lady was highly recommended by others who had got through on the first go.

Gained 2lbs so not going to change my stats for now but I know exactly what caused the gain and can avoid it this week. I am however in love with NINE bars - lots of seeds, reasonably low in carbs, and very moreish!

hopefully the travel agent route will get you it. keep us posted :)

Always good when you get a decent sleep isn't it :) Boo on the gain. I'll add your scales to the frisbee list too x

Also @ChilliQueen, I nearly spat my coffee everywhere reading your addition to the list :rotflmao:

Back