Susie's 2022 campaign

I think it looks lovely, Susie! Im definitely with the person who looked for workers to come and help for free - what a brilliant idea! If it were me I would buy a place I could move into without needing renovation but with the scope to expand at a later date. Gives you time to get to know the community, the language, and understand the local planning and builders. I also prefer Italy to France.
Have you ever considered going on one of those tv programmes that do house searches for you?? My ex applied for us to go on Location Location Location once but we decided against it (then split up hahahah).

I love a Place in the Sun, Essie :D

Great suggestion, thanks hun, but I know pretty much the area I want to be in, and I know most of the agents, so the right one will come up - and if the Atessa house is still available in April when I go over, I'll go and check it out :D. Strange but I can 'see' myself there...

Just realised I forgot to put my food in! Bit of a grazing day but not bad on syns - 9 1/2

B - huge omelette with bacon, mushrooms, spinach and cheese (HEA), tea (milk 2)
L - chilli noodles with veg and tomatoes
D - chicken and tarragon vegetable casserole - yummy!
S - 3 scan bran (3) with 1 slice cheese (4 1/2), two Hifis (HEB), 2 syn free sossies, 1 mini egg muffin (to make sure it was OK, LOL yeah right!)

There's hundreds of houses that are insanely cheap, hun - the parents die, the kids don't want the country houses, etc - that's recession for you, sadly.

It does need work but I could see it looking fabulous - and amazing to be so close to the coast - it's about a 10 minute drive.

My April trip - will be based in Vasto or Lanciano, I think, haven't decided yet - but not far from Atessa - or might stay there :)

Morning all - bright and sunny here for WI. Not sure how I will go - but then I never am LOL.

B - 2 mini muffins, 1 syn free sossy, coffee, milk (HEA)
L - green soup, apple, yogurt
D - Cheese on toast (after WI :D)
S - Hifis (also after WI!)

Lots to do so will catch up later xxx

Good luck for weigh in

That house is absolutely stunning. If you think you can handle the work then I'd say to go for it :D

Hello Susie,

I am just posting to subscribe to the thread!

I am sorry to hear the house has been sold but the other one looks really good! :)

Good luck for your WI today and I hope it is still sunny where you are!

lostinarnia xx

Hi Lost and lovely to see you here! I do dribble on so bear with me :D

Well, did OK at WI tonight, another 2lbs off - so 2 1/2 to go to the 2 stone mark, and 9lbs to my Club 10 :D. I have never lost more than 2 stone before falling off the wagon, so there could be (happy) tears! :D

Got told off for not using all my syns again, I just can't get my head round it...I understand the "why" but when I do have all of them, I put on. Any thoughts???

And yes Shelley I agree hun, I'm also a big believer in fate. I really like the house I posted most recently, it has so much potential and is in good condition so just needs tidying up.

Things I've noticed so far -

- people say I look well and my face looks slimmer
- my BMI is down 4.4 points
- my bra is on the smallest hooks and eyes

Last edited:
Hi Susie,

Don't worry I dribble on to! :)

Congratulations on nearly achieving your Club 10 and the things that you have noticed to!

lostinarnia xx

Fab loss well done :D

Syns are tricky I always thought 25 sounded too many & prob average at 20ish at beginning but sure miss them now ;) Have to say I still have nearly 15 most days & no issues so far! Some as choccie & gin but lots as extra cheese / cereal bar / nuts / synned yogurt x

New house looks good too. Have to google maps & get my bearings that side of Italy! I found one I loved but 130,000 euros hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I still have nearly 15 most days & no issues so far! Some as choccie & gin but lots as extra cheese / cereal bar / nuts / synned yogurt x

I found one I loved but 130,000 euros hmmmm

Sage advice oh wise one, I've just had naan bread with melted cheese as my post WI treat (lush!!!) - so that's today's syns taken care of :D

And post the link to the house you like hun! :)

Hi susie,
Found your diary , here to sub xxx

Well done on your loss. And being nearly at 2 stone. I think it was when I got to 2 and a half stone (without hating my life or feeling deprived) that I started to believe I could go all the way as I'd never got much past 2 stone! I think I definitely had some happy tears then.

Have you just had the one gain? That could might not have been the extra syns even if it was around that time you tried them - it could just be a resettling after the initial big losses. You could try reserving some of your syns for an extra HE so you know it's healthy calories or setting aside 5 syns that have to be used with a meal instead of with treats?

Hi Lost and lovely to see you here! I do dribble on so bear with me :D

Well, did OK at WI tonight, another 2lbs off - so 2 1/2 to go to the 2 stone mark, and 9lbs to my Club 10 :D. I have never lost more than 2 stone before falling off the wagon, so there could be (happy) tears! :D

Got told off for not using all my syns again, I just can't get my head round it...I understand the "why" but when I do have all of them, I put on. Any thoughts???

And yes Shelley I agree hun, I'm also a big believer in fate. I really like the house I posted most recently, it has so much potential and is in good condition so just needs tidying up.

Things I've noticed so far -

- people say I look well and my face looks slimmer
- my BMI is down 4.4 points
- my bra is on the smallest hooks and eyes

Well done you, that's amazing!! I think a lot of us can relate to getting to a certain point and falling off the wagon so getting past that is a huge achievement in itself and you will definitely do it by next week if not mid-March.

Don't let them make you worry about the syns too much, no diet is one size fits all and if having less syns right now is right for you then carry on with that.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling really proud of yourself as well as motivated from the compliments - there are few better feelings than being asked if you've lost weight! :D xxx

Congrats Susie on the loss :woohoo:

The girls make a good point actually, was there anything else going on in the week of higher syns that could've explained the gain?

Hi all using the app for the first time so hope this works!

I've gained once, 1 1/2 lbs, and put it down to too many treats and overeating evening meals. They were syn free but I had two huge portions, twice! Overeating is a problem for me, I did it last night, ploughing through a whole SW tikka with rice, even though I knew I was full!

Forgot menu for today -

B - mini muffins and one syn free sossy with a small squirt of tomato puree, milk HEA
L - Mug Shot cheese (2 1/2), green soup, yogurt (1), apple
D - Chicken casserole with pasta
S - Cheese on crackers (HEB) (4), chocolate (4 squares - 5)

12 1/2 syns...

Back