Susie's 2022 campaign

LOL Lynne glad to have you with me in the confessional. Room for more! :D.

Just back from the vet - little Stella got her 2nd flu shot and the vet says she's in perfect health, her scar is healing nicely and her coat is shiny, a sign (he said) that she is now being well looked after (blush). Orby is still hissing but now Stella is more mobile she's able to duck under the sofa and away from trouble - but let's hope things calm down anyway!

Having the first vino of the week to celebrate no more vet visits for a while :).

LOL Buffy I love eggs, they are my go to food any time :).

Feeling a bit below par today, sniffly and headachy, so getting lots of sleep and water. Forgot to WI this morning so will save it for next week.

Morning all

After a blah couple of days I'm feeling back to normal today so did a late WI - and woohoo I've lost the extra gain and another pound so am very pleased with that. I really upped the fats yesterday, including making the Diet Doctor low carb naan and scoffing the lot :). They aren't really like naan, sort of a slightly crunchy (from the coconut flour) and coconut oily pikelet or small pancake - https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter. I'll do them again but without the salt.

Today I'm going to try oopsie bread!

Later - change of plan, might do the oopsies later but made this luscious ham and cheese stromboli for lunch - http://www.ruled.me/ham-and-cheese-keto-stromboli/. The 'dough' was a bit sticky but I just spread it with a knife and then cooked each side for about 20 minutes. OMG it is lovely!

Last edited:
That ham and cheese stromboli looks amazing! If I can get my hands on the flours needed I will be trying that one. It's good to hear you are feeling back to normal, and that the gain is gone :) x

Thanks El - and do try the stromboli - imagine it with garlic mushrooms, cheese and spinach mmm.

Well, I'm reeling in shock here at just how much you can pay for waffle makers - Heston's Sage one is a mere snip at £152!!! No waffle maker is worth that surely....is it? The cost seems to be down to whether it has a moat to catch the overspill, and how quickly it takes to heat up. Have found a much better, less techy one, but even that's £58 - but free postage.

Oh god Susie step away from Amazon. Now! :D

Hi hun Just found your dairy again after a long time away.

Looks like you are doing really well :) xxxxx

Hi Jules, good to see you :).

All good here - dreary day but Stella is making me laugh, she's zooming round at a million miles an hour chasing a toy mouse. Think I overdid it with food yesterday, feel quite bloated so might have to be careful with the almond/coconut flours in future. Strict induction for me until Friday now, so just had fried eggs and pork (they slice pork steaks really thin and they are lovely, a good bacon substitute) and got mince for dinner.

Morning all

After a blah couple of days I'm feeling back to normal today so did a late WI - and woohoo I've lost the extra gain and another pound so am very pleased with that. I really upped the fats yesterday, including making the Diet Doctor low carb naan and scoffing the lot :). They aren't really like naan, sort of a slightly crunchy (from the coconut flour) and coconut oily pikelet or small pancake - https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter. I'll do them again but without the salt.

Today I'm going to try oopsie bread!

Later - change of plan, might do the oopsies later but made this luscious ham and cheese stromboli for lunch - http://www.ruled.me/ham-and-cheese-keto-stromboli/. The 'dough' was a bit sticky but I just spread it with a knife and then cooked each side for about 20 minutes. OMG it is lovely!

Brilliant on losing the extra and some, and good on you for getting right back in there. How's your friend getting on with LC?
Stella sounds like she's having the time of her life now she's found you:) Orbit liking her any better?

Thanks El - and do try the stromboli - imagine it with garlic mushrooms, cheese and spinach mmm.

Well, I'm reeling in shock here at just how much you can pay for waffle makers - Heston's Sage one is a mere snip at £152!!! No waffle maker is worth that surely....is it? The cost seems to be down to whether it has a moat to catch the overspill, and how quickly it takes to heat up. Have found a much better, less techy one, but even that's £58 - but free postage.

Oh god Susie step away from Amazon. Now! :D

:eek: £152! OMG! I'm a total gadget person and was checking out waffle makers a few months ago but was wondering if it would end up in the cupboard along with toastie machine etc. Will you post what you thought of recipes you've tried in it when it arrives please.
The Stromboli sounds like heaven:)

I'm gadget mad too but don't worry, I didn't spend that much :D. Ended up getting a new Salter deep fill one on eBay for £20, should be here in a few days so will certainly report back on how I go.

The stromboli was lush! One step away from ham and pineapple pizza :D.

Still got Cat Wars here, it goes quiet for a while then Orby starts hissing and runs off. The vet says to just give her time and be patient....sigh. They are segregated at night - Stella is downstairs with lots of blankets to wriggle into, and Orby cuddles under the duvet with me. I've been sleeping really badly the last few days but Orbs is so good, she just moves to a new spot and settles right down - love her to pieces :kitty:

Aw I have my cat curled up with me too-Malty... not the one in my profile photo thats topsy shes my cat at my parents... but couldnt bring here with me as hubby ( bf then) had a cat here before Malty moo. She just moves around the bed too-hope that they become friends soon.

xxxxx

Just had to report back on dinner for us low carbers - fried some mince in coconut oil, added a handful of fresh chopped toms, a sprinkle of grated mozzarella, a good tsp of tandoori curry powder and a dash of chilli flakes - eaten on a bed of lettuce with a bit of mayo - et voila - tacos (without the shell)! Lush!!!

I'm gadget mad too but don't worry, I didn't spend that much :D. Ended up getting a new Salter deep fill one on eBay for £20, should be here in a few days so will certainly report back on how I go.

The stromboli was lush! One step away from ham and pineapple pizza :D.

Still got Cat Wars here, it goes quiet for a while then Orby starts hissing and runs off. The vet says to just give her time and be patient....sigh. They are segregated at night - Stella is downstairs with lots of blankets to wriggle into, and Orby cuddles under the duvet with me. I've been sleeping really badly the last few days but Orbs is so good, she just moves to a new spot and settles right down - love her to pieces :kitty:

Ah bless, nothing nicer than a cat snuggling up to you. I'm keeping a note of all your recipes as still thinking of putting husband on LC, he's resisting at minute!

Morning all - I'm up at sparrows for a change! Finally got a decent night's sleep, so am showered, menagerie is fed, and I'm off to the shops to buy loads of spinach, help the losses along (hopefully).

Tibbs - I think your OH would love LC - just keep whispering "Bacon and eggs for breakfast" to him :D. Other typical B's are omelettes with cheese, BLT with avocados or leftover mincey dinners. What's not to love? :D

Hi Susie, I've been catching up on your diary this morning - so glad you got back on LC and it looks like you;re doing really well. Woohoo so pleased for you.

Nice to see you experimenting with some recipes - I decided I hated anything with coconut flour. Too coco-nutty for me. On the diet doctor site, the rolls made with Almond flour are delicious. I ate all 6 in about 3 days though, which sort of defeats the purpose - replacing carbs with calories. Oopsie bread was also mice :)

Also - do not by a waffle maker. Waste of money at £100+. Although at the moment ones in £'s might be really cheap for you.

Your successes are spurring me on. Thank you x x

Thanks hun, I'm glad to be sticking with LC for now too - and (see your diary) will join you on monthly WIs - which also will help with any Christmas excess (cough). And thank you too for being my inspiration - you're so much more practical than me - a pound on and I start sobbing hysterically, but you just knuckle down and get on with it :D.

I'm going to try the almond flour rolls today, am really craving bread - although I did a shop earlier and ignored all the carby things AND walked past the bakery (where they sell really delish calzone and pizza) - NSV woohoo!!!

Bought a cheap waffle maker, should be here in a few days and then will try the pizza waffles that Ruled Me does. Slurp :eating: am actually salivating lol!

Back