Susie's 2022 campaign

Afternoon all

WFH today and very happy about it, as it's raining and cold outside...and I've got the rest of the week off yaye! Holidays are much more appreciated when you work :D :D.

Not feeling the love for thinking about diet plans at the moment as I feel I've got the lurgy coming on, but hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight and will be into it bigtime tomorrow.

Later - pulled my big girl pants up and made the soup from the I Breathe I Eat's five day detox -https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/5-day-keto-soup-diet-low-carb-paleo-whole-30/?utm_content=buffer7382d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer - and I must say, it smells lush! I also realised to my horror that this is the first proper cooking I've done in like forever :eek::eek::eek:. So much junk food, so little time...

I'm going to add skinny noodles to it to fill me up - so weigh in is tomorrow morning! Eeek.

Last edited:
Morning Susie, did you change your title thread...I got confused

Morning Tipp yes i thought new year, new title :).

Still half asleep here, some drama with a friend in Italy overnight but being sorted out now. TG I'm on leave this week. Decided start date is tomorrow, I've still got a sore throat and want to take it easy today - so, WI is tomorrow morning instead.

Later - well after much umming, ahhing and discussing with mates, you'll be pleased to learn that I've come to a woe decision (for now, anyway) and it's back to SW on Monday, to my old class.

Why SW? It's manageable around work, if I have extra bread i can syn it, I can still work in a high protein approach and avoid the high carb things like pasta and rice with cauli/broccoli rice and skinny noodles - and I think the class will help me keep on the straight and narrow a bit more. I know I lose on it - 3 stone in 4 months last time - so it's worth going back. The consultant is just ok but the group is nice, we always have a good laugh.

Plus i went through my kitchen and there's still so much carby stuff here that it would take forever to get rid of it, so this way there's no big outlay of money for new food, etc.

Now to see if i can find an SW discount coupon anywhere!

Hi Susie.

SW sounds like a sensible option. You'll have the support of the group, plus the flexibility to follow the plan your own way. According to the website there is a special offer if you buy a countdown, free membership, plus 2 free weeks. Or half price membership if you pay weekly. I was searching for groups near me the other day and came across it. xx

Later - well after much umming, ahhing and discussing with mates, you'll be pleased to learn that I've come to a woe decision (for now, anyway) and it's back to SW on Monday, to my old class.

Why SW? It's manageable around work, if I have extra bread i can syn it, I can still work in a high protein approach and avoid the high carb things like pasta and rice with cauli/broccoli rice and skinny noodles - and I think the class will help me keep on the straight and narrow a bit more. I know I lose on it - 3 stone in 4 months last time - so it's worth going back. The consultant is just ok but the group is nice, we always have a good laugh.

Plus i went through my kitchen and there's still so much carby stuff here that it would take forever to get rid of it, so this way there's no big outlay of money for new food, etc.

I think Bella magazine has a free joining coupon x

If I had the money I would di slimming world too. Know a few people who had great results Good Always here for support xx

Afternoon all

Lazed in bed until 11 :eek: but been busy since then - got rubbish and recycling out and sorted the kitchen out a bit more. A room a day, that's my motto now :rolleyes:.

Just had eggs on toast mmm and then the rest of the day it's the chicken and veg soup.

Anyone tried the Aldi SW knock off meals?

Hi Suzie, I've not tried them but know people that have and said they're nice. I vaguely remember something about SW either not giving out SYN value or synning them higher..they often do things like that, trying to make you buy their own range at Iceland!
Good luck with SW, Dave's done very well on it. Brilliant that you know you can lose 3st while eating well and in a short space of time. SW doesn't work for me as I have to SYN nearly all my alternatives but it would be great if I didn't have to do that. I like that it doesn't restrict what you can eat & as long as you keep an eye on portion sizes it really works.
What a sabotage to diet work must be..I cannot resist bread and I cannot stop at one slice..pizza's the same. Good that you can get chicken etc to balance it out though.
Loving that you're making your own household products:) I went through a phase of that..I might get back into it. What sites do you use for ideas? I like https://helloglow.co/category/living/
BTW, are you feeling ok now X

Morning, great that you made a decision. It should fit in better with work than some other plans butbyou have to give it time to work.

Morning! And oooh what a pretty new site, thanks Pierce, Mini and co!

Up early for me, waiting for a chest of drawers to be delivered. Happily all went smoothly, right on time and it's all set up in the bedroom now - slowly getting the flat organised, no more boxes to unpack woohoo!

And yes Tibbs you're right, all will be fine if I just stick to one plan. That's my constant challenge, so if anyone knows any tricks to overcoming this please shout!

Time for sausage and eggs...

Afternoon all! Only just up after a really disturbed night, requiring a sleep in. Might have slept more but Stella wanted her brekkie and does this hilarious little demanding "NOW" miaow/command in my face :D. Still, sleep ins are what Sundays are all about now I'm not permanently on holiday :).

Had an Asda delivery yesterday, so am all ready for SW from Tuesday. In typical Me fashion I decided to have the Very Last Pizza last night and it was lovely but I wonder if all that cheese gave me weird dreams, I was on a cruise ship, in first class but there was water dripping through the ceiling. No one was in any danger, just water everywhere. Very strange! Maybe it's because Buffy is off on her cruise now?

Have realised I do need to be careful with cheese. Don't know if you remember but before Christmas we got loads of posh Neals Yard smelly cheese at work. I'd brought some home and put it in the freezer and yesterday got around to grating it. Used some on pasta and two hours later, back up it came - yuck! Obviously too rich, I used to love smelly cheese but I guess my digestive system is not what it used to be! I hate getting old :(.

Last edited:
Afternoon all! Only just up after a really disturbed night, requiring a sleep in. Might have slept more but Stella wanted her brekkie and does this hilarious little demanding "NOW" miaow/command in my face :D. Still, sleep ins are what Sundays are all about now I'm not permanently on holiday :).

Had an Asda delivery yesterday, so am all ready for SW from Tuesday. In typical Me fashion I decided to have the Very Last Pizza last night and it was lovely but I wonder if all that cheese gave me weird dreams, I was on a cruise ship, in first class but there was water dripping through the ceiling. No one was in any danger, just water everywhere. Very strange! Maybe it's because Buffy is off on her cruise now?

Have realised I do need to be careful with cheese. Don't know if you remember but before Christmas we got loads of posh Neals Yard smelly cheese at work. I'd brought some home and put it in the freezer and yesterday got around to grating it. Used some on pasta and two hours later, back up it came - yuck! Obviously too rich, I used to love smelly cheese but I guess my digestive system is not what it used to be! I hate getting old :(.

I'm not into this getting old lark either! My pinch an inch is so big on my stomach I don't have long enough fingers to pinch it all and everything seems to be heading South:D
I got a dream book for Christmas, I'll look it up as I never remember my dreams:)
Have a good day x

Good luck Susie with SW!

Thank you Mini, I'm ready for it now! :bunnydance:. Be interesting to see how many people are there from the last time I went (about 2 1/2 years ago?).

Afternoon all - back at work with a to do list a mile long but it's lovely to see everyone again and hear how they've been getting on :). But boy oh boy it is fur-fur-fur-fur-eezing cold out there!

Is the heating fixed at work

Yes thanks hun it wasn't too bad today.

Well I'm home from SW, horrified to discover that I've put on a stone from my heaviest ever weight, to just under 25 stone. But, painting a slightly more positive picture, I guess that's a stone over three years, so it could have been worse, considering the amount of foccaccia, pizza, pasta, cornetti, Aperol, Prosecco and gelato I consumed! o_O (@Pierce is it possible to get the purple eye roll emoji back please pretty please? Or is it there and I've just missed it?).

So - onwards and downwards - after a good night's sleep hopefully, my upstairs neighbour (an alcoholic) brought home a laydee and they made all sorts of noise (yes that too) until 4.30am this morning :eek:. I am officially cream crackered.

Menu tomorrow

B - egg and bacon
L - an SW meal
D - not sure yet, maybe a veggie curry

Back