Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh no..bad enough having an alcoholic upstairs (my brother was one, much loved but hard to cope with) without having added noise :eek:
Re the WI, sometimes I think it needs an Ooops that's the limit moment to make you think that's it, I'm not going over that. Stick to SW, aim for smaller targets rather than looking at the end target you want to be and you'll get there before you know it. (Says she who cannot shift any weight!..only because I do not follow a plan though, I need to pull my socks up!!) Here to support and help you if you get stuck on anything. I think the main thing that worked with Dave was getting his portion sizes right (he'd easily eat a recipe for 4 that said free). Cheering you on Suzie, lose 2lb by next week and I will join you in dropping a dress size for the warmer weather X

OK, you now have a new home, a new job, a new weight which means a new starting point. The weigh in is just a number...you need to decide what to do with it. Break it into small chunks and aim for mini goals.
At what weight would you drop at size?
At what size would you be able to walk more?
When do you think you would be able to walk to work?
What mini goals do you want?
Then go for them.

I think the main thing that worked with Dave was getting his portion sizes right (he'd easily eat a recipe for 4 that said free). Cheering you on Suzie, lose 2lb by next week and I will join you in dropping a dress size for the warmer weather X

Dave is not alone - pasta bake for four? Make that pasta bake for one...I really have to make sure when I batch cook that I divvy it up straight away and put in the freezer so I don't go back and shove more in my gob!

Break it into small chunks and aim for mini goals. At what weight would you drop at size? At what size would you be able to walk more? When do you think you would be able to walk to work? What mini goals do you want?

Love these mini goals, thanks Tipp. No wonder my knees have been so bloody painful, carrying an extra stone around on top of the rest. So my first goal is three stone - which should mean i'm walking better, with less pain, and can start doing exercise.

This one? :rolleyes:

Yes thanks Pierce, Mini tells me this is what the purple one has become - but the new one just looks a bit sorry for itself, a sort of "oh well, never mind", I think it's completely missing the more edgy sarcasm of the purple eye roll :D. I used it a lot, can you tell :D.

About to go into a team meeting, so of course I'm here typing industriously away :D.

B - 3 egg omelette with water, HEA cheese and basil, with lettuce and a tomato, coffee (syn the milk - 1)
L - chicken soup (6 syns - a can I'm using up) with skinny rice and spinach
D - chicken supreme https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/chicken-supreme.aspx
S - HEB bread with butter (2 tsp = 4 syns) - I've been given 25 syns so will have a tbsp of coconut oil (6) and 2 Hifi bars (6) - total syns 23

How does that sound?

Hi ladyfelsham - I've seen you lots around minis but I don't think we've ever really spoken so hello :) Just popping by to subscribe and say best of luck with your weight loss goals for this year. 1 stone on over 3 years is really not bad, now you have been and faced the scales that is the first step looks like you are doing really well so far.

Oh I'm also missing the purple eye roll emoji!

Its the little things Pierce

:classic_roll_eyes::classic_roll_eyes::classic_err_what:asdf
:classic_err_what::classic_err_what::classic_err_what::classic_err_what:

Classic Smilies

Pierce you're a genius! :classic_cool::classic_big_grin:

Evening all, home after a mad afternoon trying to find charities for some filming - found three, then discovered that the film crew, after saying they wanted three, had just changed their minds and only wanted one after all! So then had to ring the charities back and let them down gently, after they'd got all excited about the prospect.

Too knackered to cook much, so will do a quick chicken korma with coconut yog, and some steamed broccoli and courgette rice - that takes care of the speed!

Later - the broccoli and courgette rice is lovely, from Asda, two bags for £1. I had no korma or curry powder so used turmeric instead with a little sweetener, and it's all very yummy.

If today is anything to go by, I'll be too shattered to cook much when I get home, so will keep it simple this week and get into some batch cooking on the weekend.

Last edited:
That's what I like to do , get the cooking and asuch lunch prep as possible done at the weekend

Broccoli and courgette rice - is this a rice alternative like cauliflower rice? If so might have to pick some up would be ideal for low carb. Hope you're having a good day :)

Broccoli and courgette rice - is this a rice alternative like cauliflower rice?

Yes it is really nice Clareel, not like rice at all really, but a great sub, great if you want to keep carbs low and means more greens in the diet.

Oooof well I am exhausted after a busy but amazing day. Had another 1-2-1 and the lovely boss told me she's writing a job for me YAYEEEEEEE!!!! So all fingers crossed but the signs look great that I'll have a permanent job in a few months, which makes me just want :wee::wee::wee: :D.

Then rushed home to let the removalist in with my last stuff from Italy (the flat is now rammed full, it's official) AND Mr Iceland arrived while it was all happening, so it was chaos for a bit there. As I mentioned I decided to get some SW ready meals for times like this, when i get home and am just too shattered - will report back on whether I like them or not.

Food day was good -
B - overnight oats with coconut yog and raspberries - lovely but the oats definitely make me windy, clenched butt cheeks were required after lunch! :classic_eek:
L - home made Mongolian lamb, with garam masala and more coconut yog, broccoli and courgette rice and spinach, then a few pieces of fresh pineapple
D - ready meal - maybe the beef lasagne
Hardly any syns yet, so that means some gingernuts later yummy :).

Hope you all had a good day x

Sounds like a good day.
Are you changing roles or just being made permanent in the same one

Yes it is really nice Clareel, not like rice at all really, but a great sub, great if you want to keep carbs low and means more greens in the diet.
Brilliant I will try that, don't often go to ASDA as it's a bit out of the way but I quite like some of their food. Hope you have a good day :)

Brilliant I will try that, don't often go to ASDA as it's a bit out of the way but I quite like some of their food. Hope you have a good day :)

Tesco have it too, well here they have

:classic_big_grin:Had to laugh at the clenched butt cheeks:whistle: warning..trumpets:classic_big_grin:

I didn't realise you were getting everything back from Italy, are you empty over there now? Any sign of a sale?
Brilliant news on the job creation, fingers crossed for a permanent post..though I doubt you need to worry..you've shown your true worth in a short space of time and they'll not let you go. I bet Italy seems many moons ago now:classic_smile:
Is the Mongolian lamb recipe the one with chicken in too? If yes, I was going to make it for Dave. Is it nice?

Ah no, gingernuts are in my brain now:classic_tongue: I've had no breakfast yet, I'll have them..yum yum bubblegum:classic_tongue:
Enjoy your day X

Are you changing roles or just being made permanent in the same one

Not sure yet - and all really depends on whether the permanent PR person comes back from maternity leave or not - so it's a bit of a waiting game at the moment.

Sainsburys do a lovely broccoli rice - a big bag for (I think) £1, easily enough for two servings. They do lots of low carb alternatives to pasta - eg butternut squash lasagna slices, which i'm going to get in my next shop.

:classic_big_grin:Had to laugh at the clenched butt cheeks:whistle: warning..trumpets:classic_big_grin:

I didn't realise you were getting everything back from Italy, are you empty over there now? Any sign of a sale?
Brilliant news on the job creation, fingers crossed for a permanent post..though I doubt you need to worry..you've shown your true worth in a short space of time and they'll not let you go. I bet Italy seems many moons ago now:classic_smile:
Is the Mongolian lamb recipe the one with chicken in too? If yes, I was going to make it for Dave. Is it nice?
Ah no, gingernuts are in my brain now:classic_tongue: I've had no breakfast yet, I'll have them..yum yum bubblegum:classic_tongue:
Enjoy your day X

Tibbsy my system doesn't know what's hit it, what with oats and major loads of spinach coming its way - I'm the whole wind and brass sections of the orchestra :D :D :D

Italy does feel a long, long time ago - very odd. I have some nice memories of being there but the house is pretty much empty now and i just want it to sell. I'll give it a year with the current agent and will then try someone else (you can't do multi agents there). the bills have all been paid and the bank account suspended, so the house is all that's left. Someone will buy it, but hopefully sooner rather than later :).

The Mongolian lamb just had lamb in it - in fact i just called it that, I wasn't following a recipe - just fried lamb pieces in olive oil and spinkled garm marsala powder over it and coconut yogurt. But yes it was very nice.

I had the SW chicken and chorizo-style paella last night - it was OK but I don't think I'll get it again. I notice they have stopped doing the sweet potato curry, which is a shame as I loved that one.

Menu for today -

B - omelette with bacon, spinach and dried basil
L - beetroot salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, sugar snap peas and HEA feta / strawbs and banana with FF greek yog
D - chicken something, not sure yet, going to peruse recipes at lunchtime
S - orange / HEB Hovis bread
Syns - Milk 1 / Philly Lightest (TBC), Hifis, maybe a tsp of coconut oil (6)

Have a good one!

I forgot the job was maternity cover.

I've never noticed oats making me windy, an overload of bread does. But right now for me the wind is just the major diet change and a huge influx of vegetables and pulses.

I googled and found that oats do make a lot of people a bit bloated/windy, especially when they are uncooked (as overnight oats are) so I've ordered some gluten free oats to see if that makes a difference.

Phew a smashing lunch but very filling. Now i just need to remember that I've had loads of beetroot next time I go to the loo :rotflmao:

Back