Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks Tessa :).

Really good day, 100% on it. Just made lush pork and apple burgers - 1 pack of 5% pork mince, some chilli flakes, basil, and half an apple, peeled and chopped (not going to syn it although technically I'm cooking the apple), make into burger shapes (i have an el cheapo burger press) and bung in the oven for 20 minutes at 200. Very nice, very filling - so that's brekkie sorted, will have it with steamed veg and chilli puree.

Also did my big veggie stir fry - onion, carrot, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and cauli rice - with some reduced salt soya sauce - and it was lovely. Had a portion for both lunch and dinner, and got some leftover for tomorrow.

Also managed 3 litres of green tea and two of water, so hopefully it'll get me a maintain or a small loss tomorrow night :).

Just did a quick BMI calculation and mine has dropped from 59.2 to 51.5 yaye :).

Those pork burgers sound lovely! And I'm not a fan of pork. Definitely need to try.

Hopefully you will get a lovely loss tomorrow. And like you've said, it will be much easier to keep on it once the temptation at your current job is gone.

Burgers sound good, well done for a good weekend. I have also been drinking litres of water in this heat.

Afternoon all

The burgers are nice, a bit dry so need sauce or something on them.

All good, hoping for a small loss tonight but always you'll be the first to know :).

Food today -
B - 1 burger
L - cauli rice and veggie stir fry
D - not sure, as it's treat night I might see what's in the work fridge.

Avoiding the kitchen at the moment, it's full of croissants! :classic_roll_eyes:

Good luck tonight!!

Croissants are evil, remember that. No good can come from eating one. (Although at this present moment I can't think of anything better).

Hey y'all

I knew this morning that I was going to gain at WI, and so it was - 1.5 on - but that's a pretty lucky escape, I think!

I've bought another 12 week countdown and an SW food diary, and I'm going to plan much better and TAKE ALL MY FOOD WITH ME!

Planning, planning, planning, that's my new mantra :).

1.5lbs is fine. You can turn it around :) I agree, planning is a must! There's that saying "Proper preparation prevents piss-poor performance" I might adopt that as my mantra!

That's a really amazing BMI loss, well done. Tough about the gain but you have been doing so well with big losses so I wouldnt even see it as a gain. I really don't know how you drink so many liquids, i ran I like herbal tea and water but over 2 litres of water is tough. Ideally I'd like to have 3 litres a day, over that I would be concerned about low sodium levels ( more so since my elderly neighbour collapsed with it last year and it took 4 weeks to discover what it was)

Blimey your poor neighbour! I honestly find it easy, I just sip, sip, sip all day long - and that's the best way, apparently, rather than glugging a whole lot down at once.

Morning all, another lovely day out there! Going to start filling in my new SW diary today, and you know what, i didn't go mad on treat night last night. I toasted a naan bread which tasted just ok so I binned it! and then had cannelloni, which wasn't syn sky high. Later i had a croissant, so that would have been high.

But new day, fresh start - and no giving in to the food in the work kitchen (apart from today's breakfast)! :)

B - tuna toastie - 1/2 HEA cheese / HEB bread 1 slice plus 6 syns for the other, +2 for mayo = 8
L - steamed carrots and spinach with stuffed portobello mushroom - the stuffing is breadcrumbs so that's 1, +1/2 HEA cream cheese +2 syns = 3
D - Sainsburys sossies - 4 @1/2 syn each - +peas and mash = 2
Snack - green smoothie, pear, plum
Syns - 13 - so room for an Options drink or one Hifi or a caramel rice cake = 15

Later - so much for my plans - lunch was horrible, the carrots were off, so I chucked it - then tried some spiced cauli (thinking it would at least be low cal) and THAT was horrible too. So I had a cheese sandwich - and fled!

Last edited:
Run quick and the sandwich will work.itself off.

Excellent BMI result Suzie and what an incentive to keep on with what you're doing. I honestly don't know how you cope with all that temptation in the work SYN kitchen as once I've seen something it's the only thing I can think of until I've eaten it..and i couldn't stop at one or two either.
In awe of the amount of fluid you drink, though if it's hot down there it'll probably help.
Good that your body is now telling you that certain foods are not for you, the pains make it not worth eating. I read somewhere that to break a craving you need to stop eating it for 21 days, it takes your body that length of time to adjust to not wanting to eat it..wonder if that's true🤔
Enjoy your day x

Run quick and the sandwich will work.itself off.

LOLOL think that will be my go to approach from now on :D

Excellent BMI result Suzie and what an incentive to keep on with what you're doing. I honestly don't know how you cope with all that temptation in the work SYN kitchen as once I've seen something it's the only thing I can think of until I've eaten it..and i couldn't stop at one or two either.

Haha you didn't see me food stalking my work mate yesterday when she was eating a slice of passionfruit cheesecake - my eyes followed the fork from plate to mouth, and I think at one point I was actually dribbling! :D

Morning all - feeling pretty relaxed at work, all the bosses are away, so we've had a good whinge about them haha. Can't remember if I told you but I've got a Skype interview this afternoon for a PR Manager job with the College of Naturopathic Medicine - I'm speaking to the Principal so cross fingers it goes well :).

Foodwise, on it 100% -

B - bacon medallions, eggs and spinach
L - 2 Sainsburys sossies (1) with steamed broccoli, sugar snap peas and squash
D - don't know - if i can be bothered I'll pick up some ham on the way home and make coleslaw - otherwise, I might go for the light option of a green smoothie. I made almond milk last night so can use that, plus spirulina, kale and pear.
Snacks - Pear and plum. Keeping syns low!

Have a good one!

good luck vibes winging your way for this afternoon Suze X

That job would be perfect for you, bestbof luck.

Brilliant news on the new shirts and BMI! Good luck with the interview x

Thanks my lovelies, your vibes obviously did the trick, I had a great - very informal - chat with the Principal, he likes me and has emailed the college head to arrange a time for her and I to meet.

I'm not saying it's a shoe in but it does sound very promising - and even better, it's the same money, which is a good salary for outside London :D.

Yay, sounds great..well done Suzie X

Back