Susie's 2022 campaign

Whirlwind or what !! All sounds exciting and fun. How wonderful to live and work by the sea. Its encouraging that the people at work and locally have been nice and welcoming. I'm sure it will be good for your soul and for your health.
You do so much with your life, always looking to make things better. You make me want to do more with my life. Three cheers for ya !! xx

Lottie - thanks hun for your kind words. I just knew I couldn't physically or mentally keep doing the commute to a job I hated - so it was time for change! And yep living by the sea will be great :).

Had three viewings on the flat (two dropped out), and the last one seemed quite keen - should hear tonight. But I'm not going to stress about it, if it hasn't rented by the time I move, I'll hand it all over to an agent to find a tenant and manage - I wanted to avoid the extra cost involved in doing that, but at least it means they can let people in for viewings.

And I've just done a good deed :). I bought a second hand bath lift from eBay, used it once and didn't like the fact that you can't get properly under the water - the girls (boobs) were floating on top :classic_eek::classic_roll_eyes:. i listed it on eBay again but then decided to give it away on Freecycle, and a young woman has just collected it. She is the main carer for her mum, who has dementia and all sorts of heart/mobility issues. They had a bath lift but it broke. So I'm very pleased it's going to make life a bit easier for her and her mum. I'm so lucky in that I've got a bit of savings and going to a good job in an area where housing is so much cheaper - so really happy to help them out.

That’s lovely Susie. That will really help her and her mum. It’s those kind of things that really make a difference and for it to come from a kind stranger will really mean a lot to them❤️

Made me feel good too :).

Morning all - nothing exciting to report, I'm at work (blah), the office is boiling hot again (double blah), I've got full on hayfever, even though I've taken my daily pill (blah all over), but still feeling pretty chipper because I've got eight days left woohoo!!!! :D :D

Managed to forget my lunch though, not so clever, so a sarnie is on the cards.

Have a good one!

Could you pop out and get some beconase? I use it as well as my fexofenadine for hay fever. It’s handy as a top up.

Not long to go now! 😃 x

I take cetirizine every morning, thanks hun. I get hayfever all year round, not just seasonal, so lucky :), but I think it was just the change in temperature, because it's fine now. I've also moved to our new office down the hall where the a/c is WORKING woohoo! Some people are now a bit cold but not me, I'm loving it!

Just had an agent ring about a house for me to rent - which is eight minutes' drive from the new job LOL. He's just checking if the owner's OK with cats and then I'll just take it. I could go back up there to view rentals but don't see the point of spending £300+, when I have a pretty good idea of what they are like inside - it has the all important downstairs WC, French doors to a garden for the girls, 2 beds upstairs and parking. It's on a B road and at first I thought, "Oh that'll be too noisy!" - but then I laughed at myself, nothing gets very busy there, and it's not going to be like where I live now, which can get on the noisy side. And only £400 a month. Hope I hear soon, I get a bit impatient about these sorts of things!

Ooh glad you’ve moved and are nice and cold now! I hate being hot.

Fingers crossed about the cats. I would do the same and just take it. You need the time to pack and sort things out down your end and you could use the money you save by not going up there on something nice once you’ve moved or treat yourself x

Yep. Just take it and get a feel for it. It would be eazy enough to move on again if you need.

Woohoo!!! That’s brilliant Susie! That’s a big to do crossed off the list😃 x

Yes one big thing off the list. Got two more viewings lined up for the London flat - knowing my luck it'll go right down to the wire - but hey as long as it gets rented!

Confession time - I've just had two flapjacks. T-w-o! Got a thing for them at the moment, so of course I've been indulging myself!

It’s a hard time when you’ve got so much going on and being really busy. There are many changes happening in your life and that can bring on a lot of emotions too (which makes me eat without even realising lol). It’ll feel different once you’ve moved and you go to your new group 😃 x

It’ll feel different once you’ve moved and you go to your new group 😃 x

You're so right Charlotte, it's important to focus on the immediate stuff and then sort myself out once I've moved. I did brace myself and did a WI this morning, and I have put nearly a stone on in a month. Doesn't surprise me in the least, the garbage I've been eating (just picture me as a huge bread roll with chips in it, followed by a Snickers chaser lol), but I can really feel the extra weight - my knees are clicking and giving way all the time, and I just feel a bit blah - so goodness only knows how I coped with an extra 5 stone on top of that!

But all is going well (mostly0 on the move front. I got all the new starter docs from my new job yesterday, and scanned and emailed back last night. This morning I'm meeting the notary to certify my proof of ID docs for the estate agent. Then they are going to email a few pics over, and then I'll send them the money, and we're done on the Seaham home front.

I'm also going to FB post the London flat ad, and it goes up on Right Move today, so hopefully that'll drum up some extra interest.

It’s mad how much different we can feel when we’ve gained a bit back, I sort of feel worse than at my heaviest 🤦🏻‍♀️ Once you’re settled it will come off in no time. My scales were up 8lb since Friday and I was 6lb down from that this morning lol.

Lots of moving forward happening! How exciting 😃 x

Argghhhh blooming estate agent!!!! I emailed the stuff through, pushed them for internal pictures, then suddenly the house has been let! I smell a rat. So I've been ringing round agents trying to find somewhere.

Oh what fun...still, at least I can do that, as I have almost nothing else to do :).

What a pain! I’m sure you’ll find something quickly. You’re very productive x

Oh wow Susie, all go in here! Sounds a bit up the wall with the letting and renting on both ends, but I'm sure it will all come together. Bye-bye London!

And we can all breathe again - after getting No from a load of agents (because of the cats), I got the yes to one in Seaham - and another one about 20 mins away - so we're good to go. I've gone for the closer one - it's a bit basic but cheap enough and a good garden for the girls.

Now to do all the credit check stuff, jeez it's not easy to simply rent a place any more is it?!

Back